Trent Cotchin on SEN | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trent Cotchin on SEN

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Everyone is entitled to put their own safety and that of their family first. No matter how much you are paid you are under no obligation to put yourself or family in harm's way. No way. No how. Since health services have learned how to protect the elderly the majority of hospitalised cases are now shifting into the 40's and 30's. That said, it's easy for a Tiger supporter like me who thinks this season has a massive asterisk, and probably will finish with a whimper, to be circumspect about it.

Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Why is it Im certain that IF the tigers go interstate quarantine,

and players decide to stay home,

M.Pickett, who has more kids than any Richmond player, wont be one of 'em?

just sayin'

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Why is it Im certain that IF the tigers go interstate quarantine,

and players decide to stay home,

M.Pickett, who has more kids than any Richmond player, wont be one of 'em?

just sayin'

Addressed that earlier. Each player's situation if different.

For Houli it might be to stay back and be with his family during the birth of his son. That's more important to him than $$.

For Marlion, as a rookie, the best thing he can do for his family might be to go into the hub and make sure he plays as many games as possible maximising his match payments and income. That might be important to him and his family right now rather than spending time together.

Each player needs to work out what's more important to them. Not going into a hub is a big, very big, decision. A tougher decision than going. They'll be weighing everything up and deciding what is the best course of action for themselves.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Addressed that earlier. Each player's situation if different.

For Houli it might be to stay back and be with his family during the birth of his son. That's more important to him than $$.

For Marlion, as a rookie, the best thing he can do for his family might be to go into the hub and make sure he plays as many games as possible maximising his match payments and income. That might be important to him and his family right now rather than spending time together.

Each player needs to work out what's more important to them. Not going into a hub is a big, very big, decision. A tougher decision than going. They'll be weighing everything up and deciding what is the best course of action for themselves.

Yeah I get that, and don't completely disagree.

but its a team sport? a club. Individual decisions kind of get suspended in this environment.

It is a tough one and not black and white. Got no real drama with placing a birth above footy.

but like I said, you could go home when the waters break, like all the rest of us do?

and if they get a standard paternity/family leave (5 days in most industries?), then draw their super/savings down (as plenty of us are doing),

I dont have much of a problem, if the problem even arises.

and If we do have tigers players stay home with the wife and kids,

I just hope a player from another side stays home to be with their anxious toy poodle, and takes a little of the heat

Last edited:

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
It’s easy, week prior to travel.... give someone a genuine clip deliberate, off the ball... your Richmond... immediate 4 weeks off... easy as. “I really wanted to be with the boys in the hub, but with the suspension and all that... wouldn’t be fair to deprive a kid his spot”

• Haha

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
It’s easy, week prior to travel.... give someone a genuine clip deliberate, off the ball... your Richmond... immediate 4 weeks off... easy as. “I really wanted to be with the boys in the hub, but with the suspension and all that... wouldn’t be fair to deprive a kid his spot”

yeah but hocking and christian would introduce a 'player with kids' rule, and fine 'em

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
No need to apologize for a different POV
Yott,

And i agree family is everything.

But familys gotta eat.

Sherpas do 3 months away from a dozen kids for 6pounds of yak butter.

Players expecting babies aside (although if bakes could skip qtine for death, surely birth qualifies),

I think a bloke who cant do a month away for $100k is

1. Exceedingly soft
2. Exceedingly selfish (its a team sport/band of bros)
3. Has an attachment disorder with the kids, or
4. Has a negative codependency with the misses.

Potentially all four (ive known these blokes, though they were *smile* footy players)

Any bloke downing tools needs to understand that huge cultural crevices will result.

And yeah it hasnt happened yet, it maybe an ambit claim or the HS talking *smile*, but its an interesting discussion.

Makes me realise the financial expression of my love for rfc isnt unconditional

Yeah i reckon this year has challenged all of us and our views on many things - for me footy is one of those even though regardless of what happens I will continue to support this club and its players.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yeah i reckon this year has challenged all of us and our views on many things - for me footy is one of those even though regardless of what happens I will continue to support this club and its players.

Me too,

I just wouldnt subsidise jack drinking babycinos with poppy

While theres footy to be played

• Haha

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The players better be careful that supporters don't become more mindful of how they spend their time and money. Players find themselves cleaning toilets soon.

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I've completely lost interest in the season. A hopelessly compromised and convoluted comp, mostly horrible to watch footy, Tiges in a flag hangover and now Premiership players spitting the dummy. Happy to finish bottom 5 and nail a gun pick.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
I've completely lost interest in the season. A hopelessly compromised and convoluted comp, mostly horrible to watch footy, Tiges in a flag hangover and now Premiership players spitting the dummy. Happy to finish bottom 5 and nail a gun pick.
I'm hanging in there, still expecting the Tigers to come good. This weekend might be the decider for me.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I'm hanging in there, still expecting the Tigers to come good. This weekend might be the decider for me.
We need a Port Adelaide 2019 game to get the battery boosters on our collective backsides.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Watch PRE change tack on the season if we come out and annihilate Melbourne on Sunday lol

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I've got it on decent authority a draft wont be held in 2020 T3.

possibly a doubleish draft in 2021.

AFL as we know it, may be gone?

*smile* knows?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Love to see that, not sure if we can even beat those blue and red flakes in our form... hope so though.