TV for Overseas PREers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV for Overseas PREers

Elmer

Tiger Champion
Dec 3, 2005
I've just got back from 3 weeks OS and thought the watch AFL app / site was pretty good. Live streaming, can view at start mid-live stream, fox footy live etc. Had to pay but not bad value.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigerdangerous said:
I'll look into that but the AFL IT department needs to look at the functionality of their website and their international audio and video streaming of games. The service is erratic and I've never seen a website with so much publicity screaming at you, while I try to get to the football side of things, as is the case with the AFL website. I'm surprised they are not running adds selling kitchen sinks!!!! :spin

Watch AFL is a FOXTEL service, it feeds the foxtel broadcast so you get their ads at the breaks. I don't know where you but I get good quality HD Streaming without any stuttering. Can't really blame the AFL or FOXTEL for the intranet quality in every country in the world.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Baloo said:
Watch AFL is a FOXTEL service, it feeds the foxtel broadcast so you get their ads at the breaks. I don't know where you but I get good quality HD Streaming without any stuttering. Can't really blame the AFL or FOXTEL for the intranet quality in every country in the world.

Correct Baloo, ive had it for about 4 years and this year it changed to Fox so you get a lot of extra fox footy shows which we never got in the past.

TD is absolutely brilliant so id suggest you stop whining and buy an RFC overseas membership if you want it...

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
well its finally happened 3g in Nata Botswana so I can finally stream games YAY ! .. Still havnt seen the grand final yet :( Is there anywhere I can stream the big game or ant tigers game ?... thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
well its finally happened 3g in Nata Botswana so I can finally stream games YAY ! .. Still havnt seen the grand final yet :( Is there anywhere I can stream the big game or ant tigers game ?... thanks
Go on a torrent site and download the Granny, and the Prelim and Qualifying Final too (if you want). Then you can watch the finals anytime from your laptop or phone.

Wish I has a dollar for every time I've watched the 3rd quarter against Geelong while travelling to or from work on the train.

Reactions: 1 user

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Go on a torrent site and download the Granny, and the Prelim and Qualifying Final too (if you want). Then you can watch the finals anytime from your laptop or phone.

Wish I has a dollar for every time I've watched the 3rd quarter against Geelong while travelling to or from work on the train.
Thanks I really have missed the footy ( and the cricket as the rights are with the most expensive satellite tv network here with CAs new Foxtel deal :( ) the last 3 years. Great to finally get reasonable internet here . Loveit here but Yep I leave Australia and we finally come good .

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Please don't come back anytime soon;)
:D oh Tiger man hahah .. was there in 2018 August for a month .. got to catch 2 games .. one close one vs Geelong and one vs the Saints .. will be back for a month in Jan 2021 . Will catch some cricket ,tennis and Tiger Training sessions then ..

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Long story but married a wonderful lady who lived in Melbourne but who is from Botswana .. ... sadly she is a mad Swans fan
but love it here ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not TV, but the Tigerland Superstore has free International delivery for the next 72 hours.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Not TV, but the Tigerland Superstore has free International delivery for the next 72 hours.
With the way Aust Post is nowadays, you'd be a good chance of getting merchandise before anyone in Australia.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Just tried it for two items at just over $100 and they still wanted to charge me shipping to UK

You have to select shipping options. 2 choices listed, one free, one the costs. Select the free one. I also picked a couple of items and just over $100

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Back in Oct I got myself a 2019 GF framed lithograph. After checking out and paying the $40 delivery someone called to tell me the delivery didn't include the frame that would be an extra $200 to Abu Dhabi. I was going to tell them to go take a flying farook but since I was still on a high I said chuck in a signed Konrad book and I'll cover it. In the end everyone was happy. So the above is a great offer. I'll def take a look!