TV for Overseas PREers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV for Overseas PREers

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Afl pass is free for all this round if you're overseas. Access to all games in multicultural round 19. Beats watching the cricket.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
This is a bit of a O/S membership related question , But will be moving to the Southern part Africa July /August 2016 .. I see we have a O/S membership kit which includes access of streaming / that is great if your moving to Europe or the US etc where internet is good . However the internet in Southern Africa is snail pace ...your not going to be able to stream there .
Its a real shame the club does offer a membership where they could send DVDs of games to O/S members in areas with limited or slow internet .

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
DjJazzyPete said:
This is a bit of a O/S membership related question , But will be moving to the Southern part Africa July /August 2016 .. I see we have a O/S membership kit which includes access of streaming / that is great if your moving to Europe or the US etc where internet is good . However the internet in Southern Africa is snail pace ...your not going to be able to stream there .
Its a real shame the club does offer a membership where they could send DVDs of games to O/S members in areas with limited or slow internet .
Might be worth exploring when you get there. I lived remotely in the pacific the last couple of years and even when the line was unbelievably slow (nothing else would stream), the AFL streaming would still play.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
It depends on where the servers are. By July August you'll get a good run of footy to watch and the streaming is very good.

Then there are always other ways of seeing the matches, but it might be delayed a day or two.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
DjJazzyPete said:

The service also allows you to download the games quarter by quarter within about an hour of the live broadcast.

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
DjJazzyPete said:
sounds good except it takes an hour to even load a song as the internet is slow

Sucks to be you, I guess. I was able to get games to stream off pretty bad internet in parts of Europe but I have no idea about SA.

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Have someone post you games on a sub stick I suggest. Will be there in July too, have no options for watching our boys except sit under a phone tower and hope for decent internet

KnightersRevenge

Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
rensman said:
Have someone post you games on a sub stick I suggest. Will be there in July too, have no options for watching our boys except sit under a phone tower and hope for decent internet

Happy to do this for you DJ. Remind me closer to the season opener.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
So I'm in Penang (Malaysia). Was hoping to watch the suns game on the Australia channel. I googled the TV guide and they are showing Carlton v Geelong instead.

Any suggestions?

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Ian4 said:
So I'm in Penang (Malaysia). Was hoping to watch the suns game on the Australia channel. I googled the TV guide and they are showing Carlton v Geelong instead.

Any suggestions?
https://www.watchafl.com.au/

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
hutstar said:
https://www.watchafl.com.au/

Yeah i went to download the app last week but i had to register and pay. Stuff that. Maybe I'll just look for a stream when the game starts.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
23.21.159 said:
I think you can pay by the game or the month and it's obviously much cheaper. Service is quite good too if your internet is fast enough.

$19 for 1 week. I think I'll rely on finding a stream.

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
The AFL should provide free overseas streaming to AFL games for those supporters, like myself, who live outside of Australia. Instead of trying to squeeze as much money as they can from a product they are the custodians of, the good PR and spreading the game to the four corners of the planet for free would outweigh significantly I would think, the small revenue earned by charging the outrageous rates charged to watch the AFL overseas.

p.s. And improve your video and audio streaming while you’re at it!!!!!

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigerdangerous said:
The AFL should provide free overseas streaming to AFL games for those supporters, like myself, who live outside of Australia. Instead of trying to squeeze as much money as they can from a product they are the custodians of, the good PR and spreading the game to the four corners of the planet for free would outweigh significantly I would think, the small revenue earned by charging the outrageous rates charged to watch the AFL overseas.

p.s. And improve your video and audio streaming while you’re at it!!!!!

Or buy a Tigers International Membership which includes all AFL matches streamed live HD.

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I'll look into that but the AFL IT department needs to look at the functionality of their website and their international audio and video streaming of games. The service is erratic and I've never seen a website with so much publicity screaming at you, while I try to get to the football side of things, as is the case with the AFL website. I'm surprised they are not running adds selling kitchen sinks!!!! :spin