TV for Overseas PREers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV for Overseas PREers

Re: TV for Asian PREers

Not showing it on Setanta in the UK.

Given ASTV's form, might be able to see it by April.

Elmer said:
Not showing it on Setanta in the UK.

Given ASTV's form, might be able to see it by April.

Gutted as well. Should e-mail them - they've only got "Teleshopping" on between 8am and 10.30am.

Torrent should be up by the weekend though (hopefully!!!)

I'm really not sure if I can remain away from the match until the 11pm(2am AEDT) SNG telecast. gus, can you email your contacts at AustraliaNetwork and get them to show it earlier ?

Rnd 2: Geelong v Richmond
New Delhi: Saturday 4 Apr at 09:00
Hong Kong: Saturday 4 Apr at 11:30
Suva: Saturday 4 Apr at 15:30

Dunno mate, I'm getting so enthusiastic about watching our matches that I don't even bother editing the cut and pastes anymore.

For Thai viewers, just move the little hand back one number and there you have it. 10am on a Saturday, you guys would be lucky to be just getting home from a night of darts and ping pong.

Baloo said:
Dunno mate, I'm getting so enthusiastic about watching our matches that I don't even bother editing the cut and pastes anymore.

For Thai viewers, just move the little hand back one number and there you have it. 10am on a Saturday, you guys would be lucky to be just getting home from a night of darts and ping pong.

:cutelaugh

I'm in Chiang Mai for the Water Festival this Monday and wouldn't mind someone in the know giving me the good oil on the best joint to watch the game.
Cheers.

TheUmpire said:
I'm in Chiang Mai for the Water Festival this Monday and wouldn't mind someone in the know giving me the good oil on the best joint to watch the game.
Cheers.

If you're in the old city check out the UN Irish pub. They have the Australia network so you should be okay watching it on the plasma downstairs. Saw last year's grand final there.

Towards the Uni there's a pub imaginatively named 'The Pub' It caters to ex pat poms but if there isn't a big soccer match on you should be okay. There's no shortage of bars in Chiang Mai but the UN Irish pub has reasonably priced drinks and good food which makes up for the surly staff.

notorious219 said:
If you're in the old city check out the UN Irish pub. They have the Australia network so you should be okay watching it on the plasma downstairs. Saw last year's grand final there.

Towards the Uni there's a pub imaginatively named 'The Pub' It caters to ex pat poms but if there isn't a big soccer match on you should be okay. There's no shortage of bars in Chiang Mai but the UN Irish pub has reasonably priced drinks and good food which makes up for the surly staff.
Thanks for the heads up. Will check both places out. Cheers.

TheUmpire said:
Cheers.

Mate, I wont be in Chiangers for the game but pm me your whereabouts and might be able to have a beer with you sometime

Rnd 3: Western Bulldogs v Richmond
New Delhi: Monday 13 Apr at 10:00
Hong Kong: Monday 13 Apr at 12:30
Ping Pong & Darts Fans: : Monday 13 Apr at 11:30

Wouldn't you know it, the first real chance of seeing a win, seeing Cogs back in action, hearing the song, and we're not being televised. I blame it on Gus.

Singapore times listed below:
AFL Premiership Season
Rnd 4: Brisbane Lions v Collingwood
Friday 17 Apr at 22:30

AFL Premiership Season
Rnd 4: Sydney Swans v Carlton
Saturday 18 Apr at 12:30

AFL Premiership Season
Rnd 4: St Kilda v Fremantle
Saturday 18 Apr at 23:00

AFL Premiership Season
Rnd 4: North Melbourne v Essendon
Sunday 19 Apr at 11:30

We're on this week.

Rnd 5: North Melbourne v Richmond
New Delhi: Saturday 25 Apr at 21:00
Hong Kong/Singapore: Saturday 25 Apr at 21:00
Thai Ladyboys: Saturday 25 Apr at 20:00

Baloo said:
We're on this week.

Rnd 5: North Melbourne v Richmond
New Delhi: Saturday 25 Apr at 21:00
Hong Kong/Singapore: Saturday 25 Apr at 21:00
Thai Ladyboys: Saturday 25 Apr at 20:30

Well there goes any chance I had of enjoying Saturday night

All depends where you are Col. There is time for me to go out and drown my sorrows in a big way after the match.

Baloo said:
All depends where you are Col.  There is time for me to go out and drown my sorrows in a big way after the match.

Sadly mate a pregnant wife rather curtails my opportunity to have a three day drinking binge to forget the Tigers.

But Tigerflag2008 if you are reading this beers in your pool after footy to sooth our bruises and before the Tigers game would be well in order if you feel up for it.

Ah, the old pregnant wife scenario. I tell mine it's best to let me go out now so that I can get it all out of my system in time for the baby to arrive, which thankfully is after Richmond will stop playing for the year.

Baloo said:
Ah, the old pregnant wife scenario. I tell mine it's best to let me go out now so that I can get it all out of my system in time for the baby to arrive, which thankfully is after Richmond will stop playing for the year.

Mine is due during the AFL finals, which fortunately is looking again like a period I will have plenty of free time in.