TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Been watching “ A spy among friends” on Britbox which is based on a book about the defection of Kym Philby to the USSR in the early 60s. Anyone into the spy genre will enjoy it.
Guy Pearce as Philby and Damian Lewis as his friend and interrogator Nicholas Elliot are terrific. Helps to know the history as otherwise it would be difficult to follow.

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Mr Inbetween has been discussed here before - and many agreed it was an absolute bloody ripper of a series (all 3 series actually)

Anyway - The Age Good Weekend Magazine this weekend has a great story on Scott Ryan - the writer, lead actor etc etc
The article itself is definitely worth reading - all about Scott himself, his career, family, Ray Shoesmith, Hollywood etcx etc etc

This might be pay walled - but here's the link
https://www.theage.com.au/culture/t...ackpot-20221205-p5c3r6.html?collection=p5ce64
(if anyone wants me to copy/paste the complete article I'll try it)

Anyway .... a bit of trivia involves one of his brothers and RFC
i.e. "Adam was a natural sportsman, did a pre-season with Richmond in the AFL, even finagled a tryout for the San Francisco 49ers."

Doesn't say when - and I certainly don't remember him at all - but I thought it interesting.

Just read the article. Great read - cheers for sharing.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
My favourite comedy series ever, always brings a smile to my face thinking about it, but please no.

Reactions: 1 users

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
There are a lot of good points made in the Andrew Hansen article on the Fawlty Towers reboot. However - I cant agree with any when you are talking about 'Fawlty Towers'

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Very late to the party but thoroughly enjoyed "Fleabag".
Funny and the main characters "dialogue to camera" added an element.
Recommend.

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Recommend.
Agree. Just watched this too. Never ever seen so much use of the ‘fourth screen’. And done very well too.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Recommend.

Probably the best opening scene of any tv series I've scene

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The Terminal List, starring Chris Pratt as a Navy Seal Commander whose platoon gets ambushed on a mission (and the ramifications thereof), is pretty good apart from the end which sucked. On Prime.

Poker Face, starring Natasha Lyonne as the same world-weary wiseass she always plays, is a murder of the week job. Kinda like Jessica Fletcher in that wherever she goes there's a murder, except she has a special power: she can always tell when someone's lying, which is pretty handy if you're trying to solve crimes. Not bad. On Stan.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Terminal List, starring Chris Pratt as a Navy Seal Commander whose platoon gets ambushed on a mission (and the ramifications thereof), is pretty good apart from the end which sucked. On Prime.

Poker Face, starring Natasha Lyonne as the same world-weary wiseass she always plays, is a murder of the week job. Kinda like Jessica Fletcher in that wherever she goes there's a murder, except she has a special power: she can always tell when someone's lying, which is pretty handy if you're trying to solve crimes. Not bad. On Stan.

Agree with The Terminal List. The ending do justice to the series.
Don't mind Poker Face, so far so good.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If “inside” shows like The Test and Show Me The Money (Stan) then they need to make them a bit more interesting than the each of their last instalments. SMTM in particular Zzzzzzzzz

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Watched the first ep of Daisy Jones and The Six on Amazon.
I like it... maybe I'm a bit mesmerised by Elvis's grand daughter Riley Keogh playing the lead. Some great music in it.

Had never heard of her and as it turns out she's married to an Australian which makes Elvis's great granddaughter half oz!

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Just catching up with Unbelievable on Netflix. Great first three episodes. To my mind there is one truly great, great actor in the world today and that is Toni Collette. No one else comes close. No one.

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
Watched the first ep of Daisy Jones and The Six on Amazon.
I like it... maybe I'm a bit mesmerised by Elvis's grand daughter Riley Keogh playing the lead. Some great music in it.

Had never heard of her and as it turns out she's married to an Australian which makes Elvis's great granddaughter half oz!
They met filming George Miller's Mad Max Fury Road, he's a stunt guy who did the stunt scenes for the guitarist Doof Warrior, she played one of the five wives 'Capable'.

1677921038910.png

1677921133227.png