TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Really enjoying Daisy Jones & The Six about a fictional band in the 70s with Elvis's grand-daughter Riley Keough as Daisy. Awesome voice.

The tunes are awesome, and has that Almost Famous vibe without the groupies. Apparently loosely based on Fleetwood Mac and the Buckingham/Nicks relationship.

Ep 4 drops on Friday

Reactions: 1 users
Really enjoying Daisy Jones & The Six about a fictional band in the 70s with Elvis's grand-daughter Riley Keough as Daisy. Awesome voice.

The tunes are awesome, and has that Almost Famous vibe without the groupies. Apparently loosely based on Fleetwood Mac and the Buckingham/Nicks relationship.

Ep 4 drops on Friday
Watched Ep 1 last night, pretty good, may take me an episode or 2 to get into it.

Up to date with TLOU, waiting for episode 9 to drop.

Also been re-watching Hustle, an English show about a gang of con artists, on Amazon Prime, well worth a look.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379632/

Watched Ep 1 last night, pretty good, may take me an episode or 2 to get into it.

Up to date with TLOU, waiting for episode 9 to drop.

Also been re-watching Hustle, an English show about a gang of con artists, on Amazon Prime, well worth a look.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379632/

I used to love hustle. It would have to be around 15 years old now. Thanks for reminding me of it, I’m going to re watch it.

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like we have passed peak streaming.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/06/1161382179/hbo-max-disappearing-shows-series-streaming-warner

The business model didn’t make sense to me but seems it was a make a loss model to grow the number of subscribers. Be interesting to see how it evolves.

yes exactly - also much less venture capital around now to support this growth... also in USA and other western markets there are not really many potential new subscribers, unless they can discourage account sharing perhaps.

Golden age of millions of well produced and expensive shows is over - probably a good thing, be better if there were fewer shows but better written.

yes exactly - also much less venture capital around now to support this growth... also in USA and other western markets there are not really many potential new subscribers, unless they can discourage account sharing perhaps.

Golden age of millions of well produced and expensive shows is over - probably a good thing, be better if there were fewer shows but better written.
I'm not sure what percent of customers I represent but I only have one at a time - with maybe a small overlap of having two - so I maybe pay <$200 a year to watch all the best content from 6 different services (netflix, stan, disney+, amazon prime, binge, apple TV).

I can only watch one thing at a time so see zero point in multiple subscriptions. Any anything that drops one week at a time, just wait until it is almost all out before subscribing. e.g. just watching last of us now. It's not like you miss anything this way as everyone else is also watching different stuff so its not like TV where if you didn't watch it you couldn't talk about it.

Potentially they will introduce a penalty for this type of subscriber. I find it funny as I usually get the "welcome to <insert streaming provider>" email, immediately followed by the "we're sorry your leaving <insert streaming provider>" email.

• Love
I'm not sure what percent of customers I represent but I only have one at a time - with maybe a small overlap of having two - so I maybe pay <$200 a year to watch all the best content from 6 different services (netflix, stan, disney+, amazon prime, binge, apple TV).

I can only watch one thing at a time so see zero point in multiple subscriptions. Any anything that drops one week at a time, just wait until it is almost all out before subscribing. e.g. just watching last of us now. It's not like you miss anything this way as everyone else is also watching different stuff so its not like TV where if you didn't watch it you couldn't talk about it.

Potentially they will introduce a penalty for this type of subscriber. I find it funny as I usually get the "welcome to <insert streaming provider>" email, immediately followed by the "we're sorry your leaving <insert streaming provider>" email.

yeah that's a good strategy... wait til something good is released and subscribe near the end, and binge anything else you are interested in from that provider at the same time, then cancel.

I hate subscribing to Kayo for footy but now I'm Sydney based so probably have to bite the bullet.

yeah that's a good strategy... wait til something good is released and subscribe near the end, and binge anything else you are interested in from that provider at the same time, then cancel.

I hate subscribing to Kayo for footy but now I'm Sydney based so probably have to bite the bullet.
cancel the same day (minute) you subscribe - from a psychological point of view it works well and you don't have to remember
amazon make it the hardest - have to click 23 buttons and not the big friendly buttons that seem like the obvious choice

Ep 4 drops on Friday
I just watched eps 1 & 2, not bad but pretty dull.

Succession Season 4 started slow but Episode 3 came out of nowhere and changes everything.

Liaison on Apple TV 6 part series
Synopsis: Cyber terrorists infiltrate UK government infrastructure, people trying to find the organisation behind it and hunting 2 Syrian asylum seeker hackers who discovered the breaches.
Eva Green :love: Vincent Cassel and others.
Worth watching

Jury Duty on Amazon Prime is good (IMO). Essentially a prolongated Candid Camera/Punk'd on one poor individual.

Ted Lasso - personally been disappointed in the new season, have only sat through 2 episodes. Was keen to see it back but underwhelmed.

I like Apple TVs approach. Less content. More high quality content.

Sharper movie was reasonable.
Tetris movie I really liked
Big door prize been interesting so far - bit like severance in how it explores mental stuff but way less violent
Shrinking was very good
Becker doco only a little in but enjoying too
Agree Ted lasso has dropped but still ok

Succession Season 4 started slow but Episode 3 came out of nowhere and changes everything.

Yeah, first ep was slow and more of the same, second episode better but still more of the same... smart to do what they did in ep 3, at this point of the final season.. should lead up to a meaningful conclusion.

I just watched S3 of True detective. Not as good as S1 but still pretty excellent. A command performance by Mahershala Ali.

Yeah, first ep was slow and more of the same, second episode better but still more of the same... smart to do what they did in ep 3, at this point of the final season.. should lead up to a meaningful conclusion.

Episode 4 was very good. So many plot lines have opened up and you still feel that ...

Spoiler alert

Alone on SBS is good. I’ve watched all the American series during our various lockdowns. I think the Australian environment (in Tassie) might be a bit too hard as there seems very little for the contestants to catch, kill and eat.

Devoured 'Beef' in 4 nights. The opening episode is the most gripping 1st episode of any series I have ever watched. 2 thumbs up as they say.