TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just watched the first ep. Holy Moly, I’m hooked
HOW COME NONE OF YOU RUNTS WITH A C WARNED ME ABOUT EP 3?

Was not prepared for that! As good as as episodic TV I’ve seen.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Better that you judge it yourself than have pre-empted hype that would only lead to disappoiment.

Reactions: 1 users

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021

Better that you judge it yourself than have pre-empted hype that would only lead to disappoiment.
What he said :eyes Best not say too much, no spoilers man. Some actually couldn't handle the, nah best I Zip it right now aye :censored::LOL:

Just a great episode and pretty good TV Series :eyes

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Video game to good tv is a trend.

Witcher on Netflix excellent.

Maybe they were books before they were games - not sure.
The Witcher books by Andrejz Sapkowski are what the show is based on. I’m not a gamer, so not greatly aware of the game, but pretty sure the game is also based on the books.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
The Witcher books by Andrejz Sapkowski are what the show is based on. I’m not a gamer, so not greatly aware of the game, but pretty sure the game is also based on the books.
You are 100% spot on. Game is set after books chronologically. Probably set up the majority of the audience for the show.

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Surely Red Dead Redemption series is in the works? Most compelling video game story ever.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched Chris Rockd special on Netflix, pretty disappointing. He rants about people being outraged but there’s no funny routines, no great punchlines. He just sounds like any bloke in the pub or online ranting.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Anyone watched the recentish Woodstock 99' doco on netflix - Trainwreck.

Have seen 2 of the 3 episodes so far.

Young American culture combined with woeful/greedy organisers resulted in riots, arson, sexual assault and 3 deaths.

Absolute carnage and seems like it was everything the original Woodstock wasn't.

Worth a look.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Anyone watched the recentish Woodstock 99' doco on netflix - Trainwreck.

Have seen 2 of the 3 episodes so far.

Young American culture combined with woeful/greedy organisers resulted in riots, arson, sexual assault and 3 deaths.

Absolute carnage and seems like it was everything the original Woodstock wasn't.

Worth a look.

Yeah watched it a while ago, starts off a being a bit funny, bit of lad behaviour etc.

By the end it descends into full on anarchy and becomes uncomfortable viewing. What I found most interesting was the influence the bands had on the crowd, either intentionally or unintentionally.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Anyone who likes music yarns, Wu Tang, but with some riders: I'm a sucker for against the odds music and sports yarns, and I'm a hip hop and Wu Tang fan.

Also, its a bit soap opera-ey. I reckon skim series 1, watch first and last episodes, focussed on pre-success times, boys in the hood, struggles with poverty and crime, set up that takes too long. Watch series 2, its great, I loved it. amazing story of how they execute a plan to make it to the top. Series 3, currently being released, as per series 1, but post success, not really doing it for me but I'll watch it cos I got this far.

Another one I liked was Station 11 on Stan. Post apocalyse (I intend to watch TLOU), pandemic kills 90% of humans in a fortnight.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
What's the game 'The Last Of Us' like to play for the gamers out there, interested to know if it's one of the better games you've played?
I think it’s pretty good in gameplay but the story is what drives it. You can either go stealth or Rambo but on harder difficulties probably stealth.

Reactions: 3 users