TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The Diplomat with Kerri Russell is well worth a watch. She oozes still the same MILFness that she did in The Americans.
Yeah I’m enjoying it 5 episodes in. Kerri Russell is good but she was absolutely brilliant in The Americans; which IMHO is one of the most outstanding tv series ever made. Absolutely brilliant show.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah I’m enjoying it 5 episodes in. Kerri Russell is good but she was absolutely brilliant in The Americans; which IMHO is one of the most outstanding tv series ever made. Absolutely brilliant show.
Agree with all of that. Why The Americans doesn't get mentioned in greatest TV series I'll never know. The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos and now Succession seem to be the only ones mentioned.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Agree with all of that. Why The Americans doesn't get mentioned in greatest TV series I'll never know. The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sopranos and now Succession seem to be the only ones mentioned.
It's better than all of those IMO.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
For those into the Tour De France, there's a Drive to Survive style documentary on Netflix that is interesting viewing. Not the most insightful thing ever made but gives a bit of a glimpse behind the scenes, Aussie Ben O'Connor features a bit and maybe doesn't come across so well.

I'm ticking one off the bucket list and heading over tonight to do a riding tour of the Tour, riding some or all of each stage. Haven't been on a road bike for 25 years before starting to train, *smile* hate cyclists and my arse feels like a alter boy, but I vow and declare I won't be taking the e-bike option.

Reactions: 7 users

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Just finished watching 'Strike' on Binge based on the Robert Galbraith books, (who turned out to be a non de plume of JK Rowling)
Enjoyed it, action a few laughs, and good stories.

Reactions: 2 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
Rabbit hole with Kiefer Sutherland (of 24 fame) is not bad. He acts by whispering all his lines, but if you can get past that, there are enough twists to keep it interesting.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Latest Season of Black Mirror was good. First episode was very different in that it was quite funny all the way through. Last one tickled the funny bone as well.

Well worth watching.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Latest Season of Black Mirror was good. First episode was very different in that it was quite funny all the way through. Last one tickled the funny bone as well.

Well worth watching.
Only watched ep 1 so far. Very enjoyable, "Joan is awful" was a great concept.

Reactions: 1 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
agree. it started off well, but they seemed in a big hurry to wrap it up

I didnt really buy that the FBI bought the "Gene Cousineau did it" story.

I did like how he wacked Barry though.
Props to the actress who played Sally.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I didnt really buy that the FBI bought the "Gene Cousineau did it" story.

I did like how he wacked Barry though.
Props to the actress who played Sally.
So many things I didn't buy/like. First off, how did Barry get out of prison? He was still in the secure area of the prison, they just yada-yada'd it. And there's no way Sally would have gone with him. Why? Why would she? Did she lose her mind? Then, when it's set up for the big, tense showdown, they do the '10 years later' *smile*. I *smile* hate that cop-out trick. The Gene bit, as you say. The rush to get it over, as Laz says. And more. Stupid, unbelievable stuff. etc.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Watched a couple of episodes of High Desert on Apple. Knew nothing about it, wife put it on. Pretty funny and enjoyable. Not sure how far they can take it.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
For those into the Tour De France, there's a Drive to Survive style documentary on Netflix that is interesting viewing. Not the most insightful thing ever made but gives a bit of a glimpse behind the scenes, Aussie Ben O'Connor features a bit and maybe doesn't come across so well.

I'm ticking one off the bucket list and heading over tonight to do a riding tour of the Tour, riding some or all of each stage. Haven't been on a road bike for 25 years before starting to train, *smile* hate cyclists and my arse feels like a alter boy, but I vow and declare I won't be taking the e-bike option.
Watched the first two episodes last night. Thought it was really good. I have no real interest in cycling but for some reason love watching the Grand Tours; especially Le Tour and the Giro.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
5 episodes into 'The Silo' on Apple. Every episode interesting so far. 87%/87% rotten tomatoes is usually a good indicator as to whether ill like something or not.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Watched the first two episodes last night. Thought it was really good. I have no real interest in cycling but for some reason love watching the Grand Tours; especially Le Tour and the Giro.
We’re watching that. Wife loves watching the big tours, and this series is quite good.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Well worth watching.
They are all always good, only watched the first two. Picked the second one.