TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Latched onto Goliath with Billy Bob playing the lead role. Really good. So good I couldn't stop and pulled an all nighter to finish the first season.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Bosch said:
Finally got around to s6 of the americans , still thinking about it 24 hours later. Amazing final season..

Yep. And a stunning finale.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
tigertim said:
I thought ep 1 was ok, ep 2 hilarios and ep 3 disappointing.

Some definite hit and miss set ups. Just can't believe what he's getting some people to do.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
My wife is a total “Survivor” junkie and is right into the current Australian series that commenced in the past week.

I’ve watched bits and pieces with her and one of the teams is made up partly of past and current sportspeople of note. My wife was commmenting on the difference in physique between Moana Hope and Lydia Lasilla. One essentially an amateur sportswoman - suddenly pumped up artificially as an elite athlete for cynical marketing and political reasons. The other a genuinely elite, world class athlete. And the difference in physique shows. Moana looks like dime a dozen gangly girls you can see playing suburban women’s footy in any suburb in Australia, where as Lydia is totally shredded, muscled and looks like an elite athlete.

On another note, look at the difference between Brian Lake and Matt Rogers. Brian Lake a perfect example of letting oneself go into a good paddock post retirement. On the flipside Matt Rogers looks like he could still run around at the top level, totally shredded!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Panthera Tigris said:
My wife is a total “Survivor” junkie and is right into the current Australian series that commenced in the past week.

I’ve watched bits and pieces with her and one of the teams is made up partly of past and current sportspeople of note. My wife was commmenting on the difference in physique between Moana Hope and Lydia Lasilla. One essentially an amateur sportswoman - suddenly pumped up artificially as an elite athlete for cynical marketing and political reasons. The other a genuinely elite, world class athlete. And the difference in physique shows. Moana looks like dime a dozen gangly girls you can see playing suburban women’s footy in any suburb in Australia, where as Lydia is totally shredded, muscled and looks like an elite athlete.

On another note, look at the difference between Brian Lake and Matt Rogers. Brian Lake a perfect example of letting oneself go into a good paddock post retirement. On the flipside Matt Rogers looks like he could still run around at the top level, totally shredded!

Odd post PT. Why does it matter what they look like - does it matter that Hope was pumped up? And physique doesn't necessarily equate to being an elite athlete.

E

easy_tiger

jb03 said:
Odd post PT. Why does it matter what they look like - does it matter that Hope was pumped up? And physique doesn't necessarily equate to being an elite athlete.

stewie dew is exhibit A for the prosecution and the defence.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Bosch said:
Ozark s1 , not bad without being super brilliant..onto s2

Laura Linney is excellent in s2.

Started Bodyguard, which the UK is going ga-go over. Jury out after three eps.

Jack Ryan. Jury out out after one ep.

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
I have been watching a Mexican series called El Chappo, has been very good for poster's who enjoy the drug cartels type of series.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Anyone watch "City of Evil" on channel 9 last night? As if Port Adelaide supporters weren't enough to keep one away from Adelaide.

What are they trying to do with that show? An anti-tourism add for Adelaide? Big neon sign, "DON'T GO TO ADELAIDE - You and your children will be interfered with by sexual sadists and murdered! Christ, Adelaide seems the sort of place one goes and the only sign ever seen of you again is your number plates. Although, in truth probably didn't need such a show to stop people from going to Adelaide.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
jb03 said:
Ozark S2 is better than S1. Ruth is a great character.
I liked S1 better.

The best female character on TV is Kim Wexler from Better Call Saul. She owns the current season.