TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Anyone else stuck with Angry Boys - thought this weeks episode was excellent.

Boardwalk Empire has been pretty good too.

jb03 said:
Anyone else stuck with Angry Boys - thought this weeks episode was excellent.

Boardwalk Empire has been pretty good too.

Not much of a fan of Angry Boys, but i loved Boardwalk Empire.

Steve Buscemi is great I reckon.

Looking forward to the next series.

Damn the end of the season for Game of Thrones.

Can't wait for next year. at least the next book in the series comes out next month or 2.

Is Episode 10 the last ? I have that queued up ready to play tonight as well as the last episode of Spartacus. Boardwalk Empire next.

Baloo said:
Is Episode 10 the last ? I have that queued up ready to play tonight as well as the last episode of Spartacus. Boardwalk Empire next.

yeah the last episode this season.

Signed on for next season - another 10 episodes.

Best series I have seen, in regards to staying true to the books. very impressed.

some good performances. The little Arya girl and Cersei are just as I imagines.

Robb has been good, but the truest to his character is Joffrey, done a great job.

U2Tigers said:

Can't wait for next year. at least the next book in the series comes out next month or 2.

Going to pick-up the first book from the library on the way home. Expectations are pretty high from the rap you've given it!

U2Tigers said:

July I think, pre-ordered mine already.
Azza said:
Going to pick-up the first book from the library on the way home. Expectations are pretty high from the rap you've given it!

You won't be disappointed Azza. Great writer, a lot of twists and turns.
U2Tigers said:
and it gets better after the first book.

Yep

I brought the 4-pack of books, started book 1 last night. Love the point of view from different characters in each chapter.

Can't wait to watch Ep10 tonight then get stuck into the rest of the books!

U2Tigers said:
and it gets better after the first book.

willo said:
You won't be disappointed Azza. Great writer, a lot of twists and turns.

Just got throught the prologue, which is the bit shown in the HBO teaser. I can see why you guys like the style. I reckon I'll be buying all the books now I've seen that it's going to be worthwhile.

Azza said:
Just got throught the prologue, which is the bit shown in the HBO teaser. I can see why you guys like the style. I reckon I'll be buying all the books now I've seen that it's going to be worthwhile.

After watching the entirety of the 1st season of Game of Thrones I can say it is one of the best series I have ever seen....albeit 1 season in!

So much is going on at once and although it may be a little hard to know at times who is who or exactly what is going on for the non-hardcore fans, it is definitely worth reading the book after watching the first season in order to fathom just how big the story is and the complexities and relationships between the characters and the various banner houses. The book provides good history and backstories also which explain characters motives and beliefs.

I am almost through the first book (I purchased the boxset of 4 books in the series from a UK E-Bay seller for under $40 including fast postage) and it is great!

Glad to hear a second season starts filming next month and is due for TV in April 2012. Should be well worth the wait!

SkillzThatKillz said:
After watching the entirety of the 1st season of Game of Thrones I can say it is one of the best series I have ever seen....albeit 1 season in!

So much is going on at once and although it may be a little hard to know at times who is who or exactly what is going on for the non-hardcore fans, it is definitely worth reading the book after watching the first season in order to fathom just how big the story is and the complexities and relationships between the characters and the various banner houses. The book provides good history and backstories also which explain characters motives and beliefs.

I am almost through the first book (I purchased the boxset of 4 books in the series from a UK E-Bay seller for under $40 including fast postage) and it is great!

Glad to hear a second season starts filming next month and is due for TV in April 2012. Should be well worth the wait!

Glad you are enjoying the books.

You think Ned dying was bad, frustrating or damn right bad. It gets worse.

The books get even better now, especially the next 2. I guarentee you will want to throw the book across the room, or vow to stop reading, knowing full well you can't. It took me a while to get over one part of the book, thinking *smile* you George R R Martin.

Can't wait for the next book, or the next season of Game of Thrones.

SkillzThatKillz said:

Hows the reading going. Are you hooked on the books yet?

U2Tigers said:
Hows the reading going. Are you hooked on the books yet?

Finished the first book and loved it :).

I just re-watched the TV series after finishing the first book.

Into 'A Clash of Kings' now and its just amazing how many things are going on at once with respect to the many characters, their perspectives, motives, and different parts of the land.

I have done well not to read any spoilers and intend to keep it that way, but it doesn't stop me guessing what might happen - literally hanging on every page! Haven't been so engrossed in a book since Generation Kill.

Excited sure, but will be waiting for the DVD to watch the season in full. Currently have the mrs plowing through DVDs, nearly finished s1, so I don't want her to be in the middle without having seen the rest. She only started watching Friday night. She's loving it.

It was a fantastic first episode back for breaking bad, those that haven't seen it.

tbartiger said:
Excited sure, but will be waiting for the DVD to watch the season in full. Currently have the mrs plowing through DVDs, nearly finished s1, so I don't want her to be in the middle without having seen the rest. She only started watching Friday night. She's loving it.

I did the same thing! Finished all 3 seasons in about a week!

Tigertool said:
It was a fantastic first episode back for breaking bad, those that haven't seen it.

I did the same thing! Finished all 3 seasons in about a week!

give us a run down, whats breaking bad about?

U2Tigers said:
give us a run down, whats breaking bad about?

Its about a chemistry teacher who gets cancer, but decides his teacher salary isn't going to be enough to support his family. So he starts "cooking" meth. Because he is a chemistry teacher he not only knows how to make meth, but he knows how to make it well, and of a very high quality. He needs to find big fish drug dealers that will sell his product otherwise he would be at a high risk of getting caught selling it in small quantities in the streets.

He needs to do all this without his friends or family finding out.

There are some very, very graphic scenes at times.

It may not sound that amazing, but its compulsive viewing at its best! I love it so much! Its in my top 3 TV series of all time!