TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Big Cat Lover said:
I wonder where all these posters get the time to watch so many TV shows??

We got a TiVo the other day. It's got 2 digital tuners, interfaces with the net, and keeps track of free to air programming. You can tell it to record a season's worth of a series and it'll monitor changes in programming to help ensure you don't miss any shows (great for playschool!). You can surf the tv guide every fortnight and organise recordings of any shows that catch your fancy then set and forget. The 2 tuners mean you can record one thing and watch something else, or record 2 things at once and watch something else you've already recorded. It also functions as a normal recordable digital tuner in other respects, so can pause and replay live shows.

You can also rent a limited range of movies via the net through TiVo, but the way we're going we'll probably never have a shortage of stuff to watch that we've got from free to air.

Very handy in skipping the dross on the tube and 'maximising your viewing pleasure'.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Azza said:
Very handy in skipping the dross on the tube and 'maximising your viewing pleasure'.

Same with Foxtel IQ. Only watch what you want to. Never any dead time when you can watch the box.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
SCOOP said:
Same with Foxtel IQ. Only watch what you want to. Never any dead time when you can watch the box.

Almost exactly the same - just no Foxtel channels! Works out a lot cheaper if you're happy with free to air shows only.

Foxtrot

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2003
Bathurst NSW
SCOOP said:
Couldn't wait for Boardwalk Empire so I watched the pilot yesterday arvo.

Wow. Get on board. Amazing, felt like I was watching a blockbuster movie. Perfect period piece. This will be huge.

Anyone who liked Mad Men, The Wire, The Soprano's, Deadwood or Rome will love this.

Definitely. Cracking show.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
SCOOP said:

Wow. Get on board. Amazing, felt like I was watching a blockbuster movie. Perfect period piece. This will be huge.

Anyone who liked Mad Men, The Wire, The Soprano's, Deadwood or Rome will love this.

I am hanging out for that! I have decided to wait till March to watch it, it was a tough decision to, not just download it.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
The internet certainly cuts into my reading and tv-watching time, it is a terrible habit. I've got a pile of DVDs that are waiting to be watched.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
SCOOP said:

I just finished watching Series 1. Sensational.

Finally relented and am going to try out Dexter series 1 now

Big Cat Lover

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2008
Azza said:
We got a TiVo the other day. It's got 2 digital tuners, interfaces with the net, and keeps track of free to air programming. You can tell it to record a season's worth of a series and it'll monitor changes in programming to help ensure you don't miss any shows (great for playschool!). You can surf the tv guide every fortnight and organise recordings of any shows that catch your fancy then set and forget. The 2 tuners mean you can record one thing and watch something else, or record 2 things at once and watch something else you've already recorded. It also functions as a normal recordable digital tuner in other respects, so can pause and replay live shows.

You can also rent a limited range of movies via the net through TiVo, but the way we're going we'll probably never have a shortage of stuff to watch that we've got from free to air.

Sounds handy - will have to sell it to the wife

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I just watched the series finale of Friday Night Lights (the series not movie). The final season has been fantastic, on a par with the first and the final episode closed out the series really well. IMHO it is the best sports based TV show or movie.

Panthera tigris FC

Full Blown Chimp Crush
Oct 28, 2004
Torquay
SCOOP said:

Finished Season 1 last night. Cracking show, although the finale was a slight let down for me - clearly setting it up for season 2.

Dizaster

Tiger Rookie
Apr 10, 2011
Melbourne
Has anyone heard of the new HBO show "Game of thrones"?

It's three episodes in now and I have been downloading it and it's actually really good...

It's kind of set in Lord of the Rings type land, but is more gritty and less mystical... It's based on some very successful books, but is one of my favorite new shows...

Here is a preview/teaser of the first 10 minutes of Episode 1....

http://www.youtube.com/v/Yfu1sEo_FKY

skybeau

Tiger Champion
Mar 19, 2006
Yarragon
Soulmanpete said:
its pretty good but Dr Who is the best show on TV

It's pretty good but Spooks is the best show on TV. :p

Father just came in spruiking East West too, must have been a good ep last night or something.

U2Tigers

Tiger Legend
Nov 10, 2005
Adelaide
Dizaster said:
Has anyone heard of the new HBO show "Game of thrones"?

It's three episodes in now and I have been downloading it and it's actually really good...

It's kind of set in Lord of the Rings type land, but is more gritty and less mystical... It's based on some very successful books, but is one of my favorite new shows...

Here is a preview/teaser of the first 10 minutes of Episode 1....

http://www.youtube.com/v/Yfu1sEo_FKY

WOW - my favourite books of all time.

George R.R Martin. - the books are fantastic.

The main characters get killed off when least expected.

Will this be on Foxtel do you know?

I really need to work out how I can see this.

Edit - thanks very much dizaster. :clap :clap

I did google search, and found out it will be airing in Australia, around July. On channel Showcase on foxtel. So glad I get that channel.

I am truly excited can't wait.

I have to admit I wish the next book would hurry the *smile* up.

tannerztigers

He will Conca the world
Jul 4, 2006
Jan Juc
Thoughts on Angry Boys?

Thought it was good viewing, not great! I helped in some of the production of the show when it was in Torquay and I am expecting more from the show.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Pretty much as expected. Still pretty good though.

Often better upon second viewing the Chris Lilley shows.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
U2Tigers said:
WOW - my favourite books of all time.

George R.R Martin. - the books are fantastic.

The main characters get killed off when least expected.

Will this be on Foxtel do you know?

I really need to work out how I can see this.

Edit - thanks very much dizaster. :clap :clap

I did google search, and found out it will be airing in Australia, around July. On channel Showcase on foxtel. So glad I get that channel.

I am truly excited can't wait.

I have to admit I wish the next book would hurry the *smile* up.

Wow looks interesting. Have just put a hold on the first book at the library.