TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Not a TV Show but a movie-- Shawshank Redemption is Movie Greats for anyone interested. Will stop watching in halfa though (footy show)

Just finished the Fringe season 3 finale...glad I stuck with it - great viewing and an unbelievable end to the season.

Almost like Lost in that you can't miss an episode.

Also got into Southland - watched all 3 seasons so far. Very realistic cop show.

Dizaster said:
Has anyone heard of the new HBO show "Game of thrones"?

It's three episodes in now and I have been downloading it and it's actually really good...

It's kind of set in Lord of the Rings type land, but is more gritty and less mystical... It's based on some very successful books, but is one of my favorite new shows...

Here is a preview/teaser of the first 10 minutes of Episode 1....

http://www.youtube.com/v/Yfu1sEo_FKY

I have the first 4 episodes but have only seen the first 10 minutes of the first.

Looks good.

Didn't even know the books existed let alone the TV series until I saw your post.

Might get the books if I like the series.

Any idea how many episodes they are doing in the season?

SkillzThatKillz said:
I have the first 4 episodes but have only seen the first 10 minutes of the first.

Looks good.

Didn't even know the books existed let alone the TV series until I saw your post.

Might get the books if I like the series.

Any idea how many episodes they are doing in the season?

I highly recommend the books.

I honestly threw one of the books across the room, when they killed off one of the main characters. A character Martin set up for people to like. characters dying everywhere. so many subplots and scheming going on.

great books

Gotta love Youtube.

Just re-watched this old gem 'A little peace and quiet' from the 1985 series of The Twilight Zone directed by Wes Craven.

Terrific concept with a great payoff at the end.

P1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjFdix6BRZk

P2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddcmqIH6gNw&feature=related

P3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8142ANnO9g8&feature=related

What would you do?

U2Tigers said:
I highly recommend the books.

I honestly threw one of the books across the room, when they killed off one of the main characters. A character Martin set up for people to like. characters dying everywhere. so many subplots and scheming going on.

great books

SOLD!

Dizaster said:

It's three episodes in now and I have been downloading it and it's actually really good...

It's kind of set in Lord of the Rings type land, but is more gritty and less mystical... It's based on some very successful books, but is one of my favorite new shows...

Wicked show; I'm hooked.

Watched the final seasons of two of my favourite shows recently. 24 and The Shield.

Interesting to draw some parallels between Vic Mackey and Jack Bauer. Both valued family. Both weren't afraid to bend the law in the name of what they believed was right. Both got absolutely hammered numerous times for this. And finally, there were no happy endings for either of them, oblivion for Vic and exile for Jack.

Were they right to behave as they did? Oddly, is a harder question to answer than you may think.

But regardless of what anyone may think of them, what can't be denied is that they were two of the great TV characters. They'll be missed.

skybeau said:
Watched the final seasons of two of my favourite shows recently. 24 and The Shield.

Interesting to draw some parallels between Vic Mackey and Jack Bauer. Both valued family. Both weren't afraid to bend the law in the name of what they believed was right. Both got absolutely hammered numerous times for this. And finally, there were no happy endings for either of them, oblivion for Vic and exile for Jack.

Were they right to behave as they did? Oddly, is a harder question to answer than you may think.

But regardless of what anyone may think of them, what can't be denied is that they were two of the great TV characters. They'll be missed.

Both great series.

The Shield is one of my top 3 all time TV series. One of those shows when it gets to a point where you don't think it can get any better
and it does...10 x fold!!

Dizaster said:

Just started watching this and am totally hooked as well.

Has a very similar feel to it's HBO brethren "Rome" which is great as I loved that show. Comparable boobs and outrageous violence too.

Agree the mystical elements are reigned in to the show's benefit.

Anyone catch Hale and Pace last night??

Absolute pisser.

Loved the 'cup of tea' skit!!

SkillzThatKillz said:
Anyone catch Hale and Pace last night??

Absolute p!sser.

Loved the 'cup of tea' skit!!

They are bloody funny those two. Love em.

Have also been really getting into the US version of the Office, which I am finding very enjoyable and very clever.

Dizaster said:

Just watched the 6th episode today.

Really getting into this series. My fave show by far ATM.

SkillzThatKillz said:
Just watched the 6th episode today.

Really getting into this series. My fave show by far ATM.

I don't know how to watch these on computer, so am waiting for Foxtel, but geez I can't wait.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Have also been really getting into the US version of the Office, which I am finding very enjoyable and very clever.

Just finished watching all seasons of that the other week! Loved it! Is it odd that Ryan is my favourite character?

If you haven't watched the original UK version I suggest you watch it! I love it more!

Tigertool said:
Just finished watching all seasons of that the other week! Loved it! Is it odd that Ryan is my favourite character?

If you haven't watched the original UK version I suggest you watch it! I love it more!

Loved the UK series with the Brentmeister General. Possiblyy favorite tv series of all. Took me a while to get into the US series but am loving it now

Well I did it just watched the first 8 episodes of Game of Thrones this week.

Very very good.

does the books justice.

They also announced the show was signed for a 2nd season.

bad thing is though, i think theres only 2 episodes left this season.

Thanks for letting me know the show even existed.

Anyone reading the books now the shows on. highly recommend them.

How good is Cloudstreet? Great Aussie TV.

And also enjoying the Kennedy series on the ABC.

Seeing Bobby in a whole new light. Maybe a bigger lose then John.