TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

I'm really enjoying the Last Dance but it does jump around all over the place - not sure the structure is as good as it could have been. this week Rodman was playing against the Bulls, then playing for them, then taking 48 hours off due to Pippen's return and then back to playing against them again.

Yeah I'm like "why's he with them? I thought he was with us"

Reactions: 1 user
They've rushed to get it to screen - they're still editing the final two episodes apparently - so that might explain why it's a little disjointed.

They've rushed to get it to screen - they're still editing the final two episodes apparently - so that might explain why it's a little disjointed.

oh, that's why i can't find the last two pirated episodes

If you go by Jordan's appearance it is possible they did the interviews in 2040.

For me the current-day Dennis Rodman is almost unrecognisable, even if he's hidden by those large sunglasses. Out of shape, face looks weird. Well he always looked weird, but he was a good-looking guy.

Jordan still looks like Jordan, just with a slight beergut. Scottie Pippen looks much the same.

I liked seeing the Pistons again, Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn. They were horrible. Also that classic Celtics team - Bird, McHale, Parrish. They were great. God McHale looked like Lurch.

I also didn't realise Jordan was such a prick, driven to succeed and all that, but still a prick. For me he's still the greatest ever, I don't care how many championships/points or whatever LeBron gets.

For me the current-day Dennis Rodman is almost unrecognisable, even if he's hidden by those large sunglasses. Out of shape, face looks weird. Well he always looked weird, but he was a good-looking guy.

Jordan still looks like Jordan, just with a slight beergut. Scottie Pippen looks much the same.

I liked seeing the Pistons again, Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn. They were horrible. Also that classic Celtics team - Bird, McHale, Parrish. They were great. God McHale looked like Lurch.

I also didn't realise Jordan was such a prick, driven to succeed and all that, but still a prick. For me he's still the greatest ever, I don't care how many championships/points or whatever LeBron gets.
Agree with all of that. Jordan is clearly the greatest. I'm a big Celtics fan and yes that classic 80s Celtic team was sensational.

IMO Larry Bird is next best after Jordan. I acknowledge the complete bias in that statement but don't give a *smile* :mhihi

Lebron pffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttt!!! Especially now he's at the LA Magpies er I mean Lakers.

Agree with all of that. Jordan is clearly the greatest. I'm a big Celtics fan and yes that classic 80s Celtic team was sensational.

IMO Larry Bird is next best after Jordan. I acknowledge the complete bias in that statement but don't give a **** :mhihi

Lebron pffffffffffffffffffttttttttttttt!!! Especially now he's at the LA Magpies er I mean Lakers.

Yeah Bird was awesome too.

Some people burn the candle at both ends, Rodman doused it in jet fuel and blasted it out of a cannon.

Everyone say Jordan comes off badly. I don't reckon. Clearly the GOAT.

Listened to a podcast with Eddie Vedder who talks about his friendship with Rodman in the mid-nineties (Vedder loved all the Chicago teams). Vedder obviously no shrinking violet but in summary he had trouble going at Rodman's pace when out on the town. He did say, which is born out in the series, that Rodman was a very dedicated athlete and trained extremely hard; and was quite possibly the first NBA player to study tapes endlessly of his opponents and teammates in order to predict where the rebounds would land.

On Jordan, i'm with Spook. Reckon he comes off far better than the publicity indicated he would. Can't really fault him and he gives generously in the recent interviews.

Yeah, might make the play-offs but it's a big ask.

If you don't splash the cash in soccer you don't stay at the top anymore period and Sunderland had owners who refused to spend the money required resulting in an instant free fall from the Premier League straight thru the Championship down into League 1 or the old 3rd div..

The continued sell off of any player worth any amount and replacement via free loans etc only exacerbated the pace of their fall.

Sunderland is also as far from London as a Premier English club can get so that has not helped them attract quality Internationals.

It has unfortunately in the modern era helped them attract plenty of overrated mercenaries who've been well overpaid and who've then given them nothing in return.

Without the big big cash of the other clubs the likes of Sunderland and their rival Newcastle who are both big bloody Football clubs and fellow North Easters in Middlesborough are struggling to maintain relevance these days as they cannot attract the talent even smaller London based clubs can because they are in London.

Sunderland is a great UK Footy Club hopefully they will find a wealthy owner who will help them back to the top flight and allow their rusted on die hard fanatics to enjoy some level of success again.

Very pre 2017 Richmondesque in their ability to continually break the hearts of their fans and find new more outrageous ways to bottle a situation time and again the old Black Cats.

Without the big big cash of the other clubs the likes of Sunderland and their rival Newcastle who are both big bloody Football clubs and fellow North Easters in Middlesborough are struggling to maintain relevance these days as they cannot attract the talent even smaller London based clubs can because they are in London.

Saudi Arabia Inc just bought Newcastle. Expect them to become relevant again very soon.

Geez Bear the Toon Geordies will be beside themselves theyve finally got rid of Ashley if thats the case !!!!!

Yep they will have the cash to get better players in the door thats for sure.

Some people burn the candle at both ends, Rodman doused it in jet fuel and blasted it out of a cannon.

Everyone say Jordan comes off badly. I don't reckon. Clearly the GOAT.

yeah 48 hours in vegas riding a harley with Carmen Electra on your... arm... not much sleep I reckon.

If anything I've got more respect for Jordan now - one of those guys with an iron will that just didn't know when to stop and expected the best out of everyone else. And all the times he got beaten and said "ok, watch what I do to that guy tomorrow night" and went out and scored 50 points. And all those clutch shots on the buzzer.

We'll never see his like again.

Kids have found a show on Netflix called Magic For Humans and it's a bit addictive. Surprised at the M rating. Funny and entertaining.

"Punk" on SBS OnDemand is good for those who like music, especially punk (obviously)

Before I look for it, please tell me it's about Anti-Nowhere League type punk and not Green Day "punk"

Before I look for it, please tell me it's about Anti-Nowhere League type punk and not Green Day "punk"
Mondays 8:30, SBS. So far covered Ramomes, the Damned, Sex Pistols. Mostly the 70's stuff so far. Good interviews snippets with John Lydon, Legs McNeil, Viv Albertine from the Slits, and Dave Vanian. Worth a look. Probably available on demand as well.