TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
I've watched 2 eps of S1. It's good but I don't think it's great.

I need a must watch series. I loved Mad Men but I couldn't get into : The Sopranos, Entourage, West wing, Dave, Silicon valley among others.
Have you seen The Americans? Quite possibly the best TV series I've ever seen.

There's a BBC cop drama on Netflix at the moment called Line of Duty. I've watched the first 2 seasons and it's very good; the second season especially. But I'm a big fan of BBC cop and espionage dramas. I rank Spooks right up there with The Americans.

Reactions: 1 user

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Have you seen The Americans? Quite possibly the best TV series I've ever seen.

There's a BBC cop drama on Netflix at the moment called Line of Duty. I've watched the first 2 seasons and it's very good; the second season especially. But I'm a big fan of BBC cop and espionage dramas. I rank Spooks right up there with The Americans.
Having just entered the world of streaming stuff, I've worked out I'll be in my 80's before I catch up with all these shows..... only finished the 1st series of Breaking Bad yesterday!

I found The Loudest Voice with Russell Crowe pretty good. Kept wondering HTF they got it past the lawyers so Rupert wouldn't come after them..... unless it was all true of course!

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Ch9 are showing the 1964 Beatles concert at Festival Hall tonight at 9.30. Remastered so it sounds and looks far better than any poor footage that’s been shown over the years.
These days there would be class action lawyers wanting compo for how long they were on stage.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watching Feud on Foxtel, about the feud between Bette Davis and Joan Crawford. Very interesting if you like this kinda thing ...which I do.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Stuck for TV series to watch/rewatch? This list is pretty damn good.
Strange list IMHO. The American version of The Office rated much higher than the British version:rotfl2The American version is rubbish. Good to see Line of Duty and The Americans on the list but both should be much higher. Where’s Afterlife? Should be top 10 I reckon.

But it’s all subjective I guess.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Both the UK version and the US versions of The Office were great. The US version is the only US remake of any British show I've seen that is arguably better.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ted Lasso, just started on Apple TV in Australia I think? American NFL coach is appointed to run AFC Richmond (no kidding) in the UK. Nice cast, a few laughs. Not bad!

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Strange list IMHO. The American version of The Office rated much higher than the British version:rotfl2The American version is rubbish. Good to see Line of Duty and The Americans on the list but both should be much higher. Where’s Afterlife? Should be top 10 I reckon.

But it’s all subjective I guess.

Afterlife deserves a gig. I'd probably include Ozark in that list too. List came out last year so that's probably why.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Both the UK version and the US versions of The Office were great. The US version is the only US remake of any British show I've seen that is arguably better.
That’s subjective opinion for you hey? I’ve tried the American version but can’t recall laughing once. But I don’t find Steve Carell that funny. He’s had his moments but IMHO he’s not fit to carry Ricky’s duffel bag.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That’s subjective opinion for you hey? I’ve tried the American version but can’t recall laughing once. But I don’t find Steve Carell that funny. He’s had his moments but IMHO he’s not fit to carry Ricky’s duffel bag.

Fair enough Ridders. They are quite different in tone.