TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I thought I read about it here but I’ve been enjoying ‘still game’. It’s Scottish BBC and I’ve had to put on subtitles to understand all the oots and aes And Wikipedia for words like doolally. Deals with old age - health issues / death approaching / friends dying / being a pensioner etc in a British humor way. It’s on Netflix and grows on you / good for a quick chuckle. It two ronnies vintage so certainly wouldnt pass the PC standards of today with the various stereotypical roles. Been good for lockdown Four or whatever we are up to. I’m about 20 episodes in.

There are 9 series of it, the last one is only 4 episodes & was done in 2018/9

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
There are 9 series of it, the last one is only 4 episodes & was done in 2018/9
I’m really enjoying it. It’s funny to see it evolve as they had a huge gap between season 6 and 7. Suddenly getting full wide screen and HD.

Reactions: 1 user

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Ripped through some epic Succession eps in the lead-up to S3 (which is still a few months away).

Boar on the floor being the highlight.

10/10 TV.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Re watched Freaks and Geeks for the first time in a while , such a travesty got cancelled after one season when so much crap lasts years..
Re watching Breaking Bad , amazing how many people defended Walt when from early on so clear he was a bit of a monster..
For some reason not as enjoyable a re watch as some other shows i love(ie Justified)
Succession that good eh? Been meaning to give it a go but sort of never in the mood for it...

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Re watched Freaks and Geeks for the first time in a while , such a travesty got cancelled after one season when so much crap lasts years..
Re watching Breaking Bad , amazing how many people defended Walt when from early on so clear he was a bit of a monster..
For some reason not as enjoyable a re watch as some other shows i love(ie Justified)
Succession that good eh? Been meaning to give it a go but sort of never in the mood for it...
I listened to Seth Rogen book recently and thought about watching F&G.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

In Succession they are all basically pretty nasty people so you have to be in the right mood to appreciate it... then it becomes addictive. The producer/show runner did Peep Show, which is also about nasty people and also pretty funny.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I listened to Seth Rogen book recently and thought about watching F&G.

Freaks and Geeks is great, if slightly dated now. It's good seeing all these now super famous types like Franco and Rogen when they were awkward teens.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Not really a TV show, but at 12:30am this evening Richard Branson blasts off into space aboard his own rocket, which you can watch on the internet. While we wish him all the best, there must be a realistic possibility of Sir Richard being reduced to molecules on livestream.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think Bezos is going off soon too, now that's a guy I'd really like to see vaporised

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
heh heh.....just browsing around Foxtel channels and just noticed That's Good for Footy on Aurora channel 173 on Foxtel with Lynch and Short speaking.

When did this show get on TV? Problem is it's a replay from pre-R4 game in April v Port.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
not big on Australian shows, however Mr Inbetween is a ripper

Just watched the first ep on the recommendation of a Sydney friend, captures that inner city Sydney mood well. The laconic humour reminded me a bit of Chopper.

Will watch again.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
So just the 3 CTT ?

Cant believe it ends where it does ,could have atleast had him putting the shovel in the back of the cab
Yeah, Scott Ryan said it was time to put Ray away. He didn’t categorically rule out a return, but it seemed unlikely. You may like Rake, also Australian and set in Sydney. It has a stellar cast, too. Lost the plot a bit in season 5, but the first 4 were great.

Reactions: 1 users