TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
If you want something light without any deep or meaningful message, try Lucifer
Watched a fair bit of it - low brow show that actually seems to lose its way 4 or 5 series in.

This Way Up on Stan is a short English/Irish dramedy series that is worth a watch IMO. I'll be watching the finale of Love on the Spectrum tonight which is certainly feel good TV but might be a touch voyeuristic.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Good Doctor is an easy binge, think Rainman if he was a brilliant surgeon.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The Good Doctor is an easy binge, think Rainman if he was a brilliant surgeon.
or think Love on the Spectrum where finding a partner is a bit harder than performing open heart surgery

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
I just watched the first 2 eps of Start Up and it didn’t grab me. Was more a crime show. Haven’t tried Lupin yet.
This is how they describe it. ..... not for everyone. ... subtitles btw!

A retelling of the classic French story about Arsène Lupin, the world-famous gentleman thief and master of disguise.

TigerForce

On the way to number 14.
Apr 26, 2004
'Love of the Spectrum' on ABC iview about young people with autism looking for love was very different & quite emotional. I liked it.
Seen both seasons. Bit of a disappointing finish with Mark & that chic (forgot her name) not wanting to go further. Also, funny guy Mike not wanting to continue with Rachel.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Seen both seasons. Bit of a disappointing finish with Mark & that chic (forgot her name) not wanting to go further. Also, funny guy Mike not wanting to continue with Rachel.
Spoiler alert….

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

On the way to number 14.
Apr 26, 2004
Been watching replay of Inspector George Gently on 7TWO finishing yesterday. Great series (as the British always are). Loved Lee Ingleby's character with that a-hole attitude as Gently's assistant.

spook

Tiger Legend
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
All this Ted Lasso talk has me re-bingeing. He just hit tbe bull's-eye.

The Diamond Goddamn Dogs.

Last edited:

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Good to hear Boozy Ways. I reckon Line of Duty is sensational; one of the best cop shows I've seen. I binged seasons 1-5 of Netflix and was eagerly awaiting the release of season 6 this year only to find it is now on some piddly bloody streaming service called Britbox :mad: . FFS how many streaming services are you supposed to have. That is bullshit.

Anyway on which of the 400 streaming services do I find Ted Lasso?

Yes tis a ripper mate. yes need to figure out how to get via Britbox or wherever.

As others mentioned Ted is on Apple. Can cancel within 7 days if you remember ha!

Worth it! *smile* Funny!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
one of the best TV shows is Mr Inbetween but the episodes are too short.

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Superstar
Aug 20, 2005
I thought I read about it here but I’ve been enjoying ‘still game’. It’s Scottish BBC and I’ve had to put on subtitles to understand all the oots and aes And Wikipedia for words like doolally. Deals with old age - health issues / death approaching / friends dying / being a pensioner etc in a British humor way. It’s on Netflix and grows on you / good for a quick chuckle. It two ronnies vintage so certainly wouldnt pass the PC standards of today with the various stereotypical roles. Been good for lockdown Four or whatever we are up to. I’m about 20 episodes in.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2011
Orphan Black pretty good , got a bitover umm convulated in later seasons but still pretty satisfying..
Tatiana amazing playing all those different roles , kept having to tell myself it was was the same actress...