TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just finished the Lot, best Australian series imho.

I see that Ian Roberts the Ex Rugby player was in the first episode of series 3

Sad to see Dennis Dunuto‘s life has taken a turn for the worse ;)

Yeah really enjoying it, up to S3 now. The girl who plays his daughter is amazing as a young actress, especially S3 when she starts getting all snarky with him.

Dennis Denuto, yeah that was a grim episode. As most of them are :) Also his mate from the army, knew the actor but can't remember his name. Funny seeing these young and handsome TV types from yesteryear really showing their age.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Have you seen The Trip? Him and Rob Brydon essentially play themselves going on a trip through various parts of the countryside and doing restaurant reviews. Exists as a movie for the US market but also a series. They've done 3 or 4 seasons, first one is in GB, then they do Italy/Spain/Greece IIRC in subsequent seasons.
Sure have, enjoyed them (except the last one to Greece, that one lost the plot a bit)

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
The current season of Alone is my favourite so far.
Some of the shelters they build are pretty good.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The girl who plays his daughter is amazing as a young actress, especially S3 when she starts getting all snarky with him.
Chika Yasumura. Her step-father, Nash Edgerton, is the show's director. Pretty sure this show is her acting debut as well.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The latest adventure of Messrs Clarkson, Hammond and May is an enjoyable romp across Scotland in gigantic 70s American saloons. Plenty of the usual nonsense, lots of funny bits and hilarity at the end. The most I've ever laughed watching these guys comes in the last 15 minutes.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Watching the second season of Baptiste in BBC at the moment. Great show. He was a main character in another great show, The Missing, and Baptiste is a spin off from that.

Well worth watching.

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Not a basketball fan but just watched Malice at the Palace on Netflix. ....
30 for 30 type doco... Punch up at an NBA game involving players and spectators. (We're borderline angels in comparison! )
Really interesting how so many careers/lives can change with one stupid action.

Reactions: 2 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Not a basketball fan but just watched Malice at the Palace on Netflix. ....
30 for 30 type doco... Punch up at an NBA game involving players and spectators. (We're borderline angels in comparison! )
Really interesting how so many careers/lives can change with one stupid action.
Yeah, watched it yesterday, fascinating.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Been exploring Apple TV a bit further lately and some good stuff on there.

Physical, with Rose Byrne as a Jane Fonda style 80s aerobics pioneer is excellent, Mosquito Coast with the bloke from the leftovers and Melissa George is a solid show and Lisey's Story is a typical Stephen King mind *smile*.

Mr Corman is another that has just started that is a bit slow but building, about a neurotic teacher.
I tried Physical a week or so ago, couldn’t get into it. Watched 2 eps of Mr Corman and found it very good.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We can take solace that our fall from grace was not as swift or complete as that of Ted Lasso.

There's no other way to say it, season 2 sucks. A Christmas episode in August. Trite, poorly written, cliched. No meaning, no story through line. Bland, boring.

Well done, SHocking.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
We can take solace that our fall from grace was not as swift or complete as that of Ted Lasso.

There's no other way to say it, season 2 sucks. A Christmas episode in August. Trite, poorly written, cliched. No meaning, no story through line. Bland, boring.

Well done, SHocking.

Yeah I lasted 5 minutes into the Christmas episode

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Yeah I lasted 5 minutes into the Christmas episode
I didn’t mind the Christmas episode but I ask again why is there no storyline about the teams goings on with the on field stuff? Other than mentioning their W/L/D record.

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
Enjoying Hacks so far , Hannah Einbinder goes ok...
Succession was excellent..
Latest season(nd possibly last?) of line of duty was disappointing..
After that doesn't seem much around that excites me , perhaps i will give mr inbetween a go but for some reason doesn't appeal...
Hanging out for the North Water....