TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Kind of similar vibe to Good Place in a way, Upload - near future guy gets uploaded into virtual reality after he dies... but was he murdered? hot girlfriend who uploaded him... why? what about his hot virtual reality customer assistance agent? his startup business partner? what does it all mean?

I like Upload a fair bit, in some ways a fairly typical US sitcom but with a very dark undertone. Only 1 season so far but I think another may be in the works.

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Watched S1 of Mr Inbetween yesterday, very good gritty Aussie drama, thanks to whoever recommended that.

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Time - on Foxtel. Pretty gripping although only understand 4 out 5 words due to British accent

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
In anticipation of the return of Ted:

Edit: Or not. Ted Lasso Honest Trailer on youtube if you want to check it out.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I've only watched the first 2 eps season one so I have a fair way to go. Looking good so far.
I’m sort of jealous. I was an early adopter. My favourite Aussie series/show ever I think.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Not sure if someone has mentioned it but Mr Inbetween is one of the more enjoyable shows I've seen in the last few years. Cracking script & storyline and terrific performances. Scott ryan is perfect as Ray.

And, great that it was only 6 episodes. Leaves you wanting more. Not sure how far they can go with it but looking forward to season 2.
Jan 2019 it was first recommended!!

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
It was ok but patchy.

Had some good Ted moments but the supporting characters starting to have a very forced feel to them, and getting more and more cartoon like by the minute, especially Roy.
I thought S1 was good but not quite as great as many made out on here.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It was ok but patchy.

Had some good Ted moments but the supporting characters starting to have a very forced feel to them, and getting more and more cartoon like by the minute, especially Roy.
Agree.

I kind of felt after the first season that they should stop on one perfect,short season.. Dani was overplayed too but like how he woke up from the nightmare with two glamorous girls in his bed.

let's see how episode 2 goes.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
It was ok but patchy.

Yep, spot on. Roy is a terrible character too.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Finished S2 of Mr Inbetween, it certainly lifted the bar when it comes to intensity (and murders!), to Ozark or Sopranos level.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Finished S2 of Mr Inbetween, it certainly lifted the bar when it comes to intensity (and murders!), to Ozark or Sopranos level.
The first episode that Matt Nable appears in is a a belter and the unicorn/xmas episode still brings a smile to the face.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Just finished binging on the entire season 3 of Mr Inbetween last night. One word to describe it. WOW!
I loved season 1 & 2 but 3 took it up to another level.
Would love to do a detailed review but don’t want to spoil it for those that haven’t watched it yet.
I will make some comments though so spoiler alert to those that plan on watching it.

Loved all the scenes that Ray and Gary were in. From the intense ones from the beginning to the ones where they are philosophical And cracking jokes
Matt Noble is great.
Liked the little scene where the 2017 grand final is briefly on ( even though the show was filmed this year or last year)
My only 3 criticisms of the show are that the season was too brief and the episodes too short ( binged the whole season in one sitting in about 2 1/2 hours)
And not enough Matt Nable in it

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
The first episode that Matt Nable appears in is a a belter and the unicorn/xmas episode still brings a smile to the face.
Yeh the Matt Nable abduction episodes are gold.