TV shows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

TV shows

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I’d never heard of Matt Nable til recently. I’d listened to Gary Jubelins book “I catch killers” and he was talking about the Underbelly series about him which I had no recollection of. So I watched Underbelly: Badness where Nable played Jubelin and he was very good.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, spot on. Roy is a terrible character too.

Roy was OK in season one as the gruff stoic no *smile* tough as nails guy... but yeah, looking as clapped out as his playing career at the moment.

Show needs another antagonist

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I’d never heard of Matt Nable til recently. I’d listened to Gary Jubelins book “I catch killers” and he was talking about the Underbelly series about him which I had no recollection of. So I watched Underbelly: Badness where Nable played Jubelin and he was very good.
If you like Nable watch East/West 101 (was on SBS about 8 years ago?) he was great in that. A fantastic Australian show.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Yeah he is good in most things he is in. He was in The Dry too. Bikie Wars another.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Finished S2 of Mr Inbetween, it certainly lifted the bar when it comes to intensity (and murders!), to Ozark or Sopranos level.
Just finished the Lot, best Australian series imho.

I see that Ian Roberts the Ex Rugby player was in the first episode of series 3

Sad to see Dennis Dunuto‘s life has taken a turn for the worse ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Just watching S3 ep 6 of Mr Inbetween, probably not coincidence they’re watching the movie “chopper” , the actor who played Choppers dad also plays Rays dad.

”Nice shirt son. Do they make them for men?”

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Mr Inbetween was great. Only criticism is the episodes and series were too short and had some slow moments along the way. Probably intentional in order to keep you interested.
Gary and Ray's convo's are classic and loved the episodes involving the unicorn and Gary's Russian brother in law.
Matt Nable is great and should have featured more. He's good as Jock Ross in Bikie Wars.
Disappointed this was the final series if true.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Stumbled across a show called This Time on Stan, it's starring Steve Coogan as Alan Partridge. I missed his shows as AP when they were on 20odd years ago but geez I larfed at This Time.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Stumbled across a show called This Time on Stan, it's starring Steve Coogan as Alan Partridge. I missed his shows as AP when they were on 20odd years ago but geez I larfed at This Time.

Have you seen The Trip? Him and Rob Brydon essentially play themselves going on a trip through various parts of the countryside and doing restaurant reviews. Exists as a movie for the US market but also a series. They've done 3 or 4 seasons, first one is in GB, then they do Italy/Spain/Greece IIRC in subsequent seasons.

Reactions: 1 user