Tyler Fishlock threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tyler Fishlock threads [Merged]

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Congratulations to the RFC for helping out 3 year old Tyler as outlined on the Neil Mitchell program this morning. FOr those that didn't hear Tyler is having an operation to remove his only remaing working eye tomorrow due to a tumour. He will have no sight after the operation. IN a busy week for the RFC having the Ballarat camp and TW's father's funeral, at 2 hour notice this morning Paul Armstrong has arranged for Kane Johnson and Nathan Brown to visit Tyler on his last day with any form sight.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Re: The RFC and 'Tyler'

And Good Luck Tyler and family with the operation. A brave and courageous boy. It should be added that the operation is a necessity to prevent the tumour spreading and thus leading to the loss of his life.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).

Poor little tyke...good luck Tyla mate.

gee it's not often this poster feels this emotional.

well done Jonno, browny, armstrong ...and JB too

:'(

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

That's very sad news about Tyler but hopefully the operation will save his life. It's nice that one of his last visions will be of his beloved Tigers. Makes me proud to be one of them too. :'(

Good luck little fella, hope it all goes well. I'd send a card and get well soon teddy on behalf of Richmond supporters on PRE if I knew which hospital.

Actually will contact Paul and ask if his family will give permisssion to pass on that info, or if he'd pass the teddy and card on to Tyler for us.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

jb03 said:
And Good Luck Tyler and family with the operation.  A brave and courageous boy.  It should be added that the operation is a necessity to prevent the tumour spreading and thus leading to the loss of his life.

This boy has alot of spirit and as said above "brave and courageous". Sometimes hearing of these unfortunate situations only enforces how lucky we are to experience a healthy presence. My very best Tyler.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

Great post jb and tremendous stuff from the RFC & Paul Armstrong to arrange this. :clap

This courageous young boy has the same name as ToO junior.

Good luck little mate. Thinking of you and your family.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

cheers for the heads up JB, good on Paul Armstrong for organising it.

& top idea re: sending Tyler a teddy etc Rosy

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004

Best wishes to young Tyler on the operation.

Who needs eyes. People have been calling me blind and deaf for years.
I'm sure you're going to have a great life Tyler. Keep at it, you'll come through.  :)

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne

very touching story, good luck little Tyler.

my cousin has been blind from birth and he's the BIGGEST footy fan i know. always tuned into footy radio stations, always at the games... albeit Hawthorn games, it's still a great thing to see. Such passion.

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield

Good luck with the operation Tyler. At that age be hard to understand that for the rest of his life he will never have sight. Hopefully modern medicine can somehow help out in future years. Great idea re teddy Rosy. He may not have sight but he will have fight.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

Great work by the club & good luck to Tyler who is a courageous young boy.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

mk33 said:
Good luck with the operation Tyler. At that age be hard to understand that for the rest of his life he will never have sight. Hopefully modern medicine can somehow help out in future years. Great idea re teddy Rosy. He may not have sight but he will have fight.

Apparently he does. When advised he insisted that his eye was ok as he didn't want to go to hospital again. He has already had numerous bouts of chemo and his 'first' eye removed last year. For those that were listening it was incredibly moving, even to this hard hearted poster. As his mother broke down crying while on the phone to Neil Mitchell the little boy could be heard in the background telling his mother to stop crying.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

Tyler deals with some heavy *smile*. At 3yo. He won't remember sight, you'd guess.

Some stories are sadder than others.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Geez. Gut wrenching stuff.

Good luck Tyler the Tiger. No footy fan is tougher than a tiger, and over your life you are gonna prove exactly that to the world.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne

So Tambling has a dodgy hammy?

This just goes to show that there is always someone with bigger problems.
Good luck Tyler.  And also congratulations to RFC and Rosy for their helping at a time like this.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham

jb03 said:
mk33 said:

Apparently he does.  When advised he insisted that his eye was ok as he didn't want to go to hospital again. He has already had numerous bouts of chemo and his 'first' eye removed last year.  For those that were listening it was incredibly moving, even to this hard hearted poster.  As his mother broke down crying while on the phone to Neil Mitchell the little boy could be heard in the background telling his mother to stop crying.

It was very emotional.

chopperjack

You got eggnog in my goats milk
Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne

Just saw a channel 9 promo for tonights news.
They have some footage of Browny and Jonno with Tyler on tonight.
Little tacker was decked out in all the gear and having a ball.

Big thumbs up to the club for organizing the meeting as quickly as they did. :clap :clap :clap