Tyler Fishlock threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tyler Fishlock threads [Merged]

Anduril

You bow to no one!
Jul 29, 2004
Melbourne
Re: The RFC and 'Tyler'

Go for it Tyler! :clap :clap
"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future."

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

DirtyDogTiger said:
God bless you rosy...our PRE angel

:devilangel  ;D

I'll also include a copy of these messages of support in with the teddy and card for Tyler's family to read.

I know last year when Alyce's family, the girl Cogs visited in hospital, were going through hard times they were extremely grateful and comforted to know so many supporters of the club their daughter loved were thinking of them and sharing their hurt through our posts on the message board.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia

Good luck Tyler.

Well done to Nathan, Kane and RFC for organising this at such short notice

Gazza68

The sleeping giant is waking from his slumber
Oct 23, 2004

Good luck for the future brave young Tyler, hope the operation is a total success. It does put life into perspective, when you here about such young children having to battle these sort of hardships when life has only begun.
Rosy you truly do have a heart of gold, or should that be yellow & black. Also congrats to the RFC Browny & Sugar for meeting with Tyler so quickly, it is what you love to see come from a club you have followed your whole life.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand

The late great blues man Ray Charles also lost his sight as a kid. Life can be a *smile* but hope is always with us. Good luck you little Tiger.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

What a shocking and terrible outcome for this little tiger.
Even though such intervention will save the little fellas life it saddens me greatly to know that the little fella will be bereft of the gift of vision and thus will never be able to watch the yellow and black go round.

My bestest and hearfelt wishes to this wonderfully brave little fella and his family, and Kudos to the RFC for involving themselves.

God bless little Tyson a tuff little tiger if there ever was one. :pooh :pooh :pooh :hearton ;)

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne

Best wishes to Tyler. Hope everything goes well and you have a super quick recovery.

Certainly brings a tear to the eye just reading about it, what a brave little fella.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang

Couldnt help but rush home tonight to give my special little 3 year old tiger an extra big hug.Best of luck little Tiger Tyler, some times life just makes no sense ,no bloody sense at all.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Amen CC, life can be so wonderful yet can be so so so harsh and cruel.

God Bless Tyler :pooh

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing

I cried when I saw this on the news tonight.

Good luck to Tyler and his family, he sounds like a real little Tiger. :emblem

Thank you to the club and to Kane and Nathan for getting this organised at such short notice, and to Rosy for sending the bear and card from PRE.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

I saw this on the news tonight. What a great little kid. It brought tears to my eyes. It was a good action by the club and the two players concerned. My Mum said she heard on the radio that Browny is his favourite player. Johnno also spoke very well when interviewed briefly. I wish young Tyler all the best and hope his Tigers do him proud in the future.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

Good luck for your operation Tyler. You are a very brave and inspirational Tiger cub. :clap
You may not be able to watch see the Tigers in the future but you will always be able to hear the Tiger roar and feel the Tiger passion.
All the best to you and your family young man.

Congratulations to the Tigers for making a visit possible. From the footage on the news it was very much worth the effort.
Well done Browny, Johno and Armstrong.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

Saw the report on 10 news tonight and was close to shedding a tear. Kane made a good point. Paraphrasing him hear but went something like "football sometimes gets you down but you see what Tyler has gone through and it puts you back in your place".
Well done Kane, Nathan and RFC. :clap :clap
Good luck Tyler.I'm sure all our thoughts are with you and your family.

HellsTiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 15, 2004

Kids are always my biggest heroes, because of the way the live their lives no matter what comes their way.
Tyler you are one of my heroes and good luck with the operation. :cupgold

Well done RFC, children should only ever feel happiness. :clap

emerald

Tiger Rookie
Jun 14, 2004

good luck to Tyler and his family,
as they say, from one tiger to another,
YELLOW AND BLACK its in the blood, and that will never change.

newyorktiger

Last Year

Tyler a Tiger with tankful of courage - The HUN
Kate Jones
08feb06

THEY don't come any braver than little Tyler Fishlock.

Today the plucky three-year-old will undergo a heart-breaking operation to remove his remaining eye as he battles a rare cancer.
But there was no trace of sadness yesterday as the Richmond fan enjoyed a surprise visit from Tiger stars Nathan Brown and Kane Johnson.

"You can get caught up and stressed about football but when you see kids like Tyler it puts you back in your place," Johnson said.

Through all his troubles and treatment Tyler has remained the same fun-loving boy who is obsessed with footy, cars and motorbikes – especially Harley-Davidsons.

"He has got us through it. He's an amazing kid who just keeps us smiling," said his mother, Georgette Fishlock.

"He enjoys every minute he's awake and talks for every minute he's awake, too.

"It's going to be very hard but I want my son more than I want his eyes. He's going to be blind but I don't think it's going to stop him achieving his utmost."

Tyler's right eye has been so badly ravaged by retinoblastoma that doctors at the Royal Children's Hospital have no option but to remove it.

The genetic disease occurs in just one in 17,000 Victorian children, but only one in three have cancer in both eyes.

Ms Fishlock and husband Brad knew something was wrong when Tyler's eyes appeared swollen and puffy.

A GP initially told the Caroline Springs family Tyler had bad hay fever, but when he began bumping into furniture they knew it was much worse.

Doctors at the RCH diagnosed the then two-year-old with retinoblastoma.

"Brad and I fell to the floor and said, `This can't be right'. Tyler had never even had a cold before, I'd protected him so much," Ms Fishlock said.

Ophthalmologist James Elder said Tyler's cancer was so advanced his left eye had to be removed in July, just after he was diagnosed.

"He was already blind and had multiple tumours in both eyes," Dr Elder said.

Tyler then had extensive chemotherapy and radiotherapy. Tragically, it failed to eradicate the cancer from Tyler's right eye and last week doctors told the Fishlocks it would have to go.

To get all the cancer, Dr Elder's team must also remove part of the optic nerve.

Tyler will spend two days in hospital and eventually be fitted with false eyes.

Ms Fishlock was brimming with pride as Tyler and sister Madeleine, 8, played kick-to-kick with his Tiger idols.

"Tyler kept showing off for Nathan and it was just fantastic to see him so happy."

Next year Tyler will start prep at the Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind School in Burwood.

The daily trip to Burwood will be a financial hardship for the Fishlocks. To help, you can donate to Tyler's trust fund: G. and B. Fishlock, BSB: 484 799, account No: 083 854 523.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18075485^2862,00.html

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

That's just so touching.  I'll include a cheque on behalf of PRE in the parcel.  Anyone else is welcome to contribute to it if they want to.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine

Makes you realise just how lucky you are if your own children are healthy.

All the best to Tyler and his family.