Tyler Fishlock threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tyler Fishlock threads [Merged]

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Re: The RFC and 'Tyler'

HellsTiger said:
Kids are always my biggest heroes, because of the way the live their lives no matter what comes their way.
Tyler you are one of my heroes and good luck with the operation. :cupgold

Well done RFC, children should only ever feel happiness. :clap

Amen Hells Bells wonderfully well put i could not AGREE MORE.

The Punt Road End Family is with you the Fishlock family in your difficult times, Tyler you are an inspiration, a hero and a wonderfully brave young man.

God Bless again :hearton :hearton

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

I hope that the football club will set up a long term association with Tyler & his family which I'm sure will help them get through some future tough times.

Orpflog

Tiger Cub
Apr 19, 2004

I listened in to 3AW yesterday as his mother told the story of what this brave little tiger was going to have go thru,and it brought a tear to my eye.
Then Mitchell said,"I beleive Tyler is a Richmond supporter",and his mumsaid "yes,he loves the tigers,and his favorite player is Nathan"(Nathan Brown).
Mitchell replied,"Well guess what.... they're comming over to see him".

Well talk about getting misty.....geez the bloody car nearly ran off the road....I could'nt beleive that the last thing he'll see will be the "hero's",Browny,and Kane.

It's times like this that jolt us all into reality a bit.
We all think we have trouble till stories like this come along and slap us about.

Well done Tigers on a great effort with this,especially on the back of TW's dads's funeral the same morning.....must've been an emotional day all round. :clap

I hope little Tyler can in some way be a focus for the boys this year,so that when things look bad,they can use his braverey to lift against the odds.

Go Tigers/Go Tyler

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

There was an update on 10 news.  Tyler's had his op and is resting comfortably.  Hope you're up and at 'em soon little fella.  :hearton

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley

Rosy - is there some way PRE could "adopt" Tyler? Like a mascot - providing it's not tacky?

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley

just had a thought.
Why not rename the Junior Footballers Forum the "Tyler Forum" ??????????

itsintheblood

Tiger Superstar
Dec 16, 2004
Melbourne

jb03 said:
Congratulations to the RFC for helping out 3 year old Tyler as outlined on the Neil Mitchell program this morning.  FOr those that didn't hear Tyler is having an operation to remove his only remaing working eye tomorrow due to a tumour.  He will have no sight after the operation.  IN a busy week for the RFC having the Ballarat camp and TW's father's funeral, at 2 hour notice this morning Paul Armstrong has arranged for Kane Johnson and Nathan Brown to visit Tyler on his last day with any form sight.

Man that little kid is amazing. Absolutely broke my heart this story. Shed a tear or two. Some of us complain when we have a runny nose. This kid had cancer in his eyes. Just shocking luck. Anyways, kudos to 3aw and the footy club for making this kids day. Well done to all.

:clap

Crystal

Tiger Champion
May 5, 2005
Sydney

Best wishes Tyler. You are indeed a truly courageous little guy and a hero to us all. :-* :hearton :hearton

Ms Tantie

Ooh! Ooh! Kick it to me! Kick it to me!
Aug 24, 2004
Melbourne

As somebody who only has one vaguely useful eye - and that's with a contact lens and glasses - my heart goes out to the poor little Tiger. :hearton

His unfortunate situation also reminds me how extremely lucky I am to be blessed with any sight. With luck some of our wondrous boffins will have something in the way of the gift of sight in store for him in the future.

Ms Tantie.
xox

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

Just an idea but... I propose we make a certain match against another forum (to be decided) as the battle for the 'Tyler cup'.
Just an extra incentive to dig deep when it is needed, like Tyler himself, if we are behind and need to fight and fight and win.

Orpflog

Tiger Cub
Apr 19, 2004
Just heared on 3AW that Tyler's operation to remove the 2nd eye which hopefully will stop tumours moving through his body was succesfull,although as we could all imagine quite a traumatic experience for all concerned.

Neil Mitchell said that the last thing little Tyler said before he went in for his operation was, "Nathan Brown".

Well I broke up....what an amazing kid.

This got me thinking....I'm thinking of ringing 3AW and suggest that little black ribbons with yellow"TYLER" printed on them,be sold througout the year at say $1 or $2 each to assist the family with what must be horrendous ongoing medical costs.

What does everyone think of the idea......we've just gotta do something here.

Go Tigers/Go Tyler

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Re: What RFC should do for Tyler this year

Orpflog said:
Just heared on 3AW that Tyler's operation to remove the 2nd eye which hopefully will stop tumours moving through his body was succesfull,although as we could all imagine quite a traumatic experience for all concerned.

Neil Mitchell said that the last thing little Tyler said before he went in for his operation was, "Nathan Brown".

This got me thinking....I'm thinking of ringing 3AW and suggest that little black ribbons with yellow"TYLER" printed on them,be sold througout the year at say $1 or $2 each to assist the family with what must be horrendous ongoing medical costs.

Go Tigers/Go Tyler

Great idea Orp. Also, how about getting him to run out with the Tiges through the banner, when he's well enough. With Sugar and Brownie guiding him.I'm sure that would give him a buzz and lift his spirits. He's get a huge roar from the crowd I'm sure.

tiger1980

Are we all a little crazy?
Jul 27, 2004

Orpflog said:

Go Tigers/Go Tyler

Excellent idea Orpflog.....maybe even those rubber type bangles similar to the ones for Lance Armstrong!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

It said in the paper the biggest financial concern is travel, especially when the little fella starts school next year.  It would be nice if one of our coterie Tiger supporters in the car trade could donate one if needed or provide services etc.

I'm not 100% sure of the ribbons.  This story has touched our hearts but the players are involved in many sad cases and I wouldn't want to be seen as favouring one over another.

I would like to think of the family getting financial suport some way but not sure how Richmond could be involved just yet.

If anyone wants to donate themselves there is an appeal.  The details are

G. and B. Fishlock, BSB: 484 799, account No: 083 854 523.

I've also received some money to include with a cheque I'll be sending on behalf of PRE.  Anyone is welcome to contribute.

I'll be buying the little fella a present from PREnders in Melbourne today and posting it, with the cheque, on Monday.

Being in the rooms before a game and running through the banner would be an awesome experience for Tyler.  He mightn't see if but his other senses will probably develop to compensate that and he'ds feel the roar to the core of his soul.

Actually it would be good to carry a blanket around the G on the same day so supporters could chuck money in like they used to.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004

What about doing a sponsorship of Brownie this year,with proceeds to go to Tyler's family.

People could nominate an amount of cash for every mark he takes, or every goal he kicks etc.

BalmyArmy

Tiger Superstar
Jul 15, 2003
Melbourne

Dont we already have something similar in place for the Rookie fund? Maybe we can donate 5% of that money????

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Auction for Tiger Tyler

Just chatted with Rosy and she said to start a new thread for this.Up for bid is a Brand new Sherrin with at the moment about 20 odd signatures I will get more this week.All money will go to young Tyler.You can PM Rosy with a silent bid or bid on this thread Rosy will keep us updated on the leading bid.I will start the bidding at $250 come on guys an gals dig deep.