U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

They weren't displaying any press ID. Could've been any *smile* with a camera. Noobs were in over their heads.

They aren't babies. Clear the area means clear the area.

So, you need ID not to be beaten up by the cops?

Looking more and more like a third world country by the day, Make America Third World Again!

DS

Who's with me in supporting JR?

J.R. Smith seen on video beating up alleged vandal: 'I chased him down and whooped his ass'
“I just want you all to know right now, before you all see this s--- somewhere else. One of these little mother******* white boys didn’t know where he was going and broke my ******* window in my truck. Broke my s---. This was a residential area. No stores over here. None of that s---. Broke my window, I chased him down and whooped his ass.

So when the footage comes out and you all see it, I chased him down and whooped his ass. He broke my window. This ain’t no hate crime. I ain’t got no problem with nobody and nobody got no problem with me. There’s a problem with the mother******* system, that’s it. The mother****** broke my window and I whooped his ass. He didn’t know who window he broke and he got his ass whooped."

Trumps bible stunt is a classic even by his standards... the timing... the violent charade.... no shame this bloke....
and i reckon the only books he's read are the TV Guide and How to Cheat at Golf and Almost Win ...

Most Americans regard Reagan as a very good president. Even this heavily-biased poll had him in the top ten.
Yes that is definitely the opinion of many Americans, Reagan was a great orator and made Americans feel good about themselves. However he was the first US president to introduce the concept of trickle down economics which has ultimately resulted in disastrous economic consequences for millions of Americans and has never worked anywhere in the world, including here.

Reactions: 1 users
This has the essence of truth to me.

Trump is totally reactive. He has no strategy and no long term plan. Maybe some of his advisers do - Steve Bannon did, for example. Every ything is a brain-fart. Everything is produced with an eye on the TV moment. That's why there is rarely follow through. Some flunkey has to clean up the mess and actually produce something later, if anyone cares.

He probably still thinks he's on the set of The Apprentice.

His biggest supporters don't realise he doesn't give a toss about them.

“If he would’ve seen me, and seen somebody outside the car or outside the house or whatever, do I think he would’ve broke it? Absolutely not. It was just a random act of stupidness, and I give him that. But, that ass whooping was a random act of stupidness on my behalf.”
“When it happened, I seen red. Then when I finally snapped to, I was so... I’m still disappointed with myself. For me, I’m 34 years old. I have 4 little girls at home. I don’t want that image, regardless of the fact whether it was right or wrong, I don’t want them to have that image of their dad being capable of doing that, and doing something like that.”

A totally understandable reaction. He also acknowledged he was disappointed with his behaviour.

Yes Trumpo is an *smile* but surely no one here can condone criminal behaviour no matter what colour skin you have.
Looting from businesses of any kind is flat out wrong. Violence of any kind must be condemned.
I understand the anger & frustration but there has to be better ways than total anarchy. Otherwise everything goes to *smile*.

Reactions: 4 users
A totally understandable reaction. He also acknowledged he was disappointed with his behaviour.

He's a veteran looking for a new contract and the NBA frowns on any off-court incident that might bring it bad publicity.

He also had no reason to feel regret. That little bastard got off very light.

Reactions: 1 user
you really think there shouldnt be press coverage of what is happening?

"Shouldn't" is a fraught word. Plenty of journo's are killed reporting on wars etc. If that's your level of commitment to getting the story out, good luck to you. But don't complain if you lose an arm or a leg.

You also can't champion anarchy and then complain when the innocent are hurt.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes Trumpo is an *smile* but surely no one here can condone criminal behaviour no matter what colour skin you have.
Looting from businesses of any kind is flat out wrong. Violence of any kind must be condemned.
I understand the anger & frustration but there has to be better ways than total anarchy. Otherwise everything goes to *smile*.

I haven't seen anyone on this thread condone violence and looting, I totally agree with you its absolutely wrong. Do I understand why they have this level of frustration and anger, again absolutely.

Violent protests are never the right thing to do, but we also need to comment on the peaceful protests, but they again are being antagonised by Trump. The protests in Washington DC outside the White House from most accounts have been relatively peaceful bar a bit of graffiti. Trump and the secret service were the ones that intensified it there by trying to create a photo op for Trump, that's also absolutely not on.

I've actually really enjoyed seeing the images coming through over the last few days of the peaceful protestors and the police who are helping to de escalate any tensions at those rallies by showing their solidarity to a lot of protestors, people forget in times like these that the police are just doing their jobs and their political thinking is generally not regarded as important here, ie. they are on the side of the establishment. What the pictures of cops hugging crying protestors, marching with them, kneeling in solidarity (brought around by that other peaceful protest that Trump and Lee on this thread seem to have so much disdain for). This is what should be pushed for, however I do also understand the frustration of the black community, they have had peaceful protests and nothing seems to be done about the inequity in the US system. Its evident from funding of schools, to "free" healthcare etc that the rich and the poor have a massive divide and all the last 60 years have done is continue to drive a bigger wedge through that.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes that is definitely the opinion of many Americans, Reagan was a great orator and made Americans feel good about themselves. However he was the first US president to introduce the concept of trickle down economics which has ultimately resulted in disastrous economic consequences for millions of Americans and has never worked anywhere in the world, including here.

There were pros and cons. Reaganomics ended the recession and brought inflation to heel. It's not going to work without economic growth.

Using a modern prism, you could build a case for or against any leader. Lincoln is customarily at the top of these lists.

“I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races.”

- Honest Abe