U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

you really think there shouldnt be press coverage of what is happening?
No coverage of anything is probably best. I mean if the video of the cop kneeling on Floyd didn't exist there wouldn't be the riots we currently have. We'd just have a few family/friends of the deceased agitating. And then it would come out that he had resisted arrest and put police lives in danger and they took appropriate action. Nothing to see here.

you really think there shouldnt be press coverage of what is happening?
Brodders you are putting words into others comments.

The reporters are adults making adult decisions. The chances are that if you play with fire you will potentially get burnt.

Hardly the worst thing seen happen to reporters, not condoning it either. Worse things have happened to reporters in western sydney in recent years. In our back yard.

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 2 users
Who on this earth would put a child in the firing line!
Shame on the man firstly. Just no.
Shame on the officer if the weapon is pointed at the child.
Shame on any posters who use this as a means to identify police brutality against Floyd.
Disgraceful. *smile* all round.

Agree with this and Baloo. As an adult you are always making decisions on behalf of your child this is a boneheaded one. Selfish to the extreme.

Not sure anyone is linking this picture to the treatment of Floyd?

You really interpret this as the cop aiming at the girl?

No its clearly not, its either at her dads head or a bad camera angle. If its at her dad then the cop is in the wrong as whats her dad seriously going to do to him with his daughter on his shoulders. Its a good time to remember that even in America, cops are only allowed to shoot weapons if you are afraid for your life. From the picture (and there could be more to it with others near the man) the officer should not be in fear for his life from this man, rubber bullets or live ammunition it makes no difference.

I do tend to agree with others though that the dad should not be bringing his daughter to a rally, peaceful or not. Its not a place for children and not something at that age they need to be exposed to.

Both sides guilty of fake news. A photo circulating of Hitler holding Bible like Trump has just been shown to have been photoshopped. Doesn't help things one iota when people do this.

Brodders you are putting words into others comments.

The reporters are adults making adult decisions. The chances are that if you play with fire you will potentially get burnt.

Hardly the worst thing seen happen to reporters, not condoning it either. Worse things have happened to reporters in western sydney in recent years. In our back yard.
you dont condone it, but it sounds like you arent concerned by armed police attacking journalists covering their actions.

that would be like someone saying they dont condone the looting, but plenty of worse things have happened.

also i asked a question, allowing l2rsd2 to clarify his opinion.

I haven't seen anyone on this thread condone violence and looting, I totally agree with you its absolutely wrong. Do I understand why they have this level of frustration and anger, again absolutely.

agree, you can not condone it and understand it at the same time.

I think there is a time and place for violence and looting though.

After the first premiership in 37 years, for example, is a justifiable time to loot. Just as long as its a reasonable, festive looting from a corporation who can write off a few bottles, or say a Collingwood sponsor and not just indiscriminate theft.

Violence? We'll if your own government turns your own army on you, funded by your own hard work tax dollars, then I wouldn't be singing Kum Ba Yah, for example

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
"Shouldn't" is a fraught word. Plenty of journo's are killed reporting on wars etc. If that's your level of commitment to getting the story out, good luck to you. But don't complain if you lose an arm or a leg.

You also can't champion anarchy and then complain when the innocent are hurt.
who is championing anarchy?- happy to be corrected but i dont think i have seen anyone on here, or really many people anywhere 'championing' the actions of those using violence (except those egging on Trumps ego tripping.)

again you can argue the journos have put themselves at risk, does that justify the brutality of the cops? could we use that argument in support of ISIS kidnapping and beheading journos or aid workers putting themselves at risk?

Both sides guilty of fake news. A photo circulating of Hitler holding Bible like Trump has just been shown to have been photoshopped. Doesn't help things one iota when people do this.
Haven't seen the bible pic and plenty of skullduggery going on in the edit area, but the bloke who took this one reckons it ain’t photoshopped.
Richard Grant (@richardgrant88) Tweeted:
There was color correction and cropping so it could look better on Instagram when I posted it. I have stated before that I do not believe in the 1/500th of a second that the picture was made in that the officer was aiming at the man with the child. Richard Grant (@richardgrant88) Tweeted:
This is an uncropped photo with no color correction. I used a 24 -70mm lens at 70mm and f 3.5. https://t.co/5BQbMpRUV3
And btw @HR I don't feel any shame for posting it, if that was your inference. I posted it originally to show what a *smile* up place they have over there. ... on both sides of the argument.

Reactions: 1 users
who is championing anarchy?- happy to be corrected but i dont think i have seen anyone on here, or really many people anywhere 'championing' the actions of those using violence (except those egging on Trumps ego tripping.)

again you can argue the journos have put themselves at risk, does that justify the brutality of the cops? could we use that argument in support of ISIS kidnapping and beheading journos or aid workers putting themselves at risk?

Plenty of comments here justifying the violence. I'm not going to go through and quote them all.

I'm tired of arguing with people who put low value on law and order. We are too fundamentally different in our understanding of what makes life tolerable.