U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

and true to form Drump has deflected and blamed Woodward...

"If Bob Woodward thought what I said was bad, then he should have immediately, right after I said it, gone out to the authorities so they could prepare and let them know," Trump said at a White House press conference.

Earlier in the day he tweeted: "Bob Woodward had my quotes for many months. If he thought they were so bad or dangerous, why didn’t he immediately report them in an effort to save lives? Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? No, because he knew they were good and proper answers."

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Trump re elected for sure..if anyone will destroy America it's those half baked moron democrats !!

a couple of months ago Biden had a double-digit lead, although it has tightened up a little in some of the battleground states. I know the yanks are a bit nuts, but all Biden needs to win and win comfortably is for people to turn up and vote. And I think they will. With BLM and the wall, Blacks and Hispanics should vote in much bigger numbers. Then you add Trump's unbelievably bad response to COVID on top of that.

Interesting article in Time on a RAND corporation study on income inequality in the US. The middle class is nowhere near as prosperous as they were.

This is an underlying factor of much of what happens in the US now both socially and politically .

Land of the Fear, Home of the Barbaric and Tyrannical:

A nurse at the Irwin County Detention Center, a privately-owned, for-profit ICE prison in southern Georgia, filed a whistleblower complaint with the DHS’s inspector general alleging at least twenty female detainees had received hysterectomies for no apparent reason.

“When I met all these women who had had surgeries, I thought this was like an experimental concentration camp. It was like they’re experimenting with our bodies,” a detainee told the human-rights advocacy group Project South—a disturbingly apt analogy, as readers of this newsletter know. The whistleblower called the doctor who performed the surgeries “the uterus collector.”

In August, a group of immigrants alleged a “pattern and practice” of sexual abuse and assault on the part of ICE agents in El Paso. A Border Patrol memo unearthed by Dara Lind in April showed that CBP is using the pandemic as cover to flat-out ignore international asylum law. In another case, ICE is deporting children by claiming they tested positive for COVID—even though they know the kids tested negative.

ICE guards have gotten caught savagely beating detainees and feeding Muslim detainees pork. A few weeks ago, the New York Times revealed the Trump administration is using private hotels, including Hampton Inns, a Best Western, a Quality Suites, and a Comfort Suites, to create a “shadow system of detention” that, among other abuses, includes ICE housing children as young as a year old, alone, without licensed child care supervision.

Meanwhile at least 5,000 people are known to have contracted coronavirus while being held in ICE concentration camps. In April, a pair of guards-turned-whistleblowers at the ICE facility in Richwood, La. (run by the same company, LaSalle Corrections, that owns the allegedly hysterectomy-happy Irwin County concentration camp), reported that negligence at the facility risked “a potential disease bomb,” Popular Information reported. COVID cases appear to now be spiking at ICE’s facility at Adelanto, Calif.

The US are the good guys, remember.

Truly, the leader the world needs right now.

Just to show how hypocritical US politics has become the republicans are going to try and push through a Supreme Court nominee to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg almost exactly 4 years since they blocked Obama doing the same thing when they used the reason that "the American people should have a say in such important decisions" i.e wait for the election.

They are doing it with no sense of irony at all ..... Amazing

Just to show how hypocritical US politics has become the republicans are going to try and push through a Supreme Court nominee to replace Ruth Bader Ginsberg almost exactly 4 years since they blocked Obama doing the same thing when they used the reason that "the American people should have a say in such important decisions" i.e wait for the election.

I hear that Barron Trump is the Presidents preferred nominee...

I saw a clip of that human toad Mitch McConnell being asked the question and saying it’s different this time , with a smirk on his loathsome face
i don’t advocate violence but some of the politicians over there need to be ..............

Reactions: 1 users
I saw a clip of that human toad Mitch McConnell being asked the question and saying it’s different this time , with a smirk on his loathsome face
i don’t advocate violence but some of the politicians over there need to be ..............
Your description of Mitch McConnell is spot on. Unfortunately if he was gone there would be a line of people just like him to replace him

This is really simple - my memory is that you need a 2/3 majority to confirm a Supreme Court judge. The Democrats have to not confirm the nominee, the Republicans do not have 2/3 majority in the Senate.

Now, have they got the backbone to do this?

DS

In fairness the Dems are now sooking up about something they tried to do themselves.

Who is worse out of moscow mitch and barr? Both deserve a good shake.

In fairness the Dems are now sooking up about something they tried to do themselves.
Antonin Scalia died over 8 months before the election in 2016 and the republicans used the election as an excuse. This is 6 weeks before.
It’s the republicans making the rules here to suit themselves and all the Dems are asking them to do is be consistent.
If the convention had been followed in 2016 there would have been a democratic nominated judge appointed then and a republican appointed one now.
They have every right to “Sook it up” as this is just a brazen act of political hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users