U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Old Trumpy is sounding a bit robotic in his speech today. Has anyone checked to see if he's died and been secretly replaced by some sort borg?
The moron couldn’t even read his lines correctly. He said that he profoundly accepts the nomination but evidently the written line was that he proudly accepts.

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
The moron couldn’t even read his lines correctly. He said that he profoundly accepts the nomination but evidently the written line was that he proudly accepts.
I was trying to work out what he could have possibly meant by "I profoundly accept".
I'm so glad I'm not an American.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Should have borrowed some coke from Don Jr to get out of that low-energy vibe

Reactions: 1 user

Raoul Juke

Tiger Rookie
Mar 23, 2019
Old Trumpy is sounding a bit robotic in his speech today. Has anyone checked to see if he's died and been secretly replaced by some sort borg?

He sounds like a con-man thats been found out.

The jig is up - the only chance he has is cheating via the postal vote stuff

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I know what you mean MDJ but what is happening is that the liars, felons and standover merchants who Trump employs get cast aside by him when they get found out and when they turn around and tell the truth for the first time they get labelled as someone not to listen too because of what they did.
At some stage any rational human being has to come to the conclusion that with the weight of evidence this man truly is the incompetent lowlife they make him out to be.
However it's a fair question to ask whether these constant attacks actually hurt Trump or not

I am reminded of the inability to land a shot on Tony Abbott. He just kept sliding from one gaff to the next and pretending that nothing had happened. When politicians lack any sense of shame there is very little that can be done to pull them into line or to get them to back down. Our current democratic systems seem fatally flawed in this regard. Shame is almost our only tool, and it no longer works.

Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I am reminded of the inability to land a shot on Tony Abbott. He just kept sliding from one gaff to the next and pretending that nothing had happened. When politicians lack any sense of shame there is very little that can be done to pull them into line or to get them to back down. Our current democratic systems seem fatally flawed in this regard. Shame is almost our only tool, and it no longer works.

This also comes back to the media keeping them accountable.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Biden been to the Trump school of speaking:

Yeah, not good, but I just don't get how the Republicans could criticise Biden for this as Trump does the same every day.

Sure they will though, and Fox News and their ilk will back Trump up to the hilt while ignoring Trump's nonsensical ramblings.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Hadn't looked in a fair while and had the impression Trump was done for. How did this happen?

OB9gMeK.jpg

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Is there going to be a public debate ? That will be interesting, dumb and dumber

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeah, not good, but I just don't get how the Republicans could criticise Biden for this as Trump does the same every day.

Sure they will though, and Fox News and their ilk will back Trump up to the hilt while ignoring Trump's nonsensical ramblings.

DS
Its an indictment of their country and their parties that these are the 2 best candidates to lead them.

Trump has to go but jeez Biden is gonna provide a lot of LOL's.

Reactions: 3 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Trump done for?

For the Democrats that would be the silly attitude that cost them votes in key states last time, don't think they will make the same mistake again.

The betting markets reflect not only a judgement of the odds but also how much money is wagered on each candidate so, while it can be a useful guide, it is far from definitive. Polls used to be more reliable than they are now for many reasons, but they are only a guide too.

Actually I think the best thing the pollsters could do would be to ask for demographic info and then ask if the person intends to vote. The outcome of this election will really depend on who can get their vote out, and in the US context, how many can be prevented from voting.

I suspect if an election were held today Biden would win, but the election is not today and all political campaigns are timed for the actual election day so a hell of a lot can happen in the next 2 months.

I do find it ridiculous that Trump is running a law and order platform when he is actively feeding the divisions in US society. If he is so good on law and order how come all the strife is happening on his watch? Mind you, Trump's law and order line does seem to convince some.

DS

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Hadn't looked in a fair while and had the impression Trump was done for. How did this happen?

OB9gMeK.jpg
Michael Moore of all people tweeted about. In simple terms, the Dems will again win the popular vote but in the key swing states, Trump is doing well. I think Dems may well make the same mistakes as last time.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Trump done for?

For the Democrats that would be the silly attitude that cost them votes in key states last time, don't think they will make the same mistake again.

The betting markets reflect not only a judgement of the odds but also how much money is wagered on each candidate so, while it can be a useful guide, it is far from definitive. Polls used to be more reliable than they are now for many reasons, but they are only a guide too.

Actually I think the best thing the pollsters could do would be to ask for demographic info and then ask if the person intends to vote. The outcome of this election will really depend on who can get their vote out, and in the US context, how many can be prevented from voting.

I suspect if an election were held today Biden would win, but the election is not today and all political campaigns are timed for the actual election day so a hell of a lot can happen in the next 2 months.

I do find it ridiculous that Trump is running a law and order platform when he is actively feeding the divisions in US society. If he is so good on law and order how come all the strife is happening on his watch? Mind you, Trump's law and order line does seem to convince some.

DS
Once you're inside the last month or two before an election, betting markets have an awesome record of predicting results, with the notable outliers being the last US and Australian elections.