U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What a mess, and Trump being the fair minded supporter of democracy that he is, decided to encourage those who want to close down his opponents and make sure they don't get a say.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
Even Sky News reporting that its borderline and keeps swinging from Trump in front to Biden in front. Not sure what Lee is watching.

Key states will be Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida. If Biden wins 2, then its game over for Trump.
Ohio, Biden looks to be well clear. Florida is a coin toss. I haven't found any figures much on Pennsylvania as yet.

From a totally non-partisan perspective, I'm a geography and demographics nerd. Hence, I enjoy watching and analysing changing demographic trends. So the outcome in Texas fascinates me this time around.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Let me have some fun!

Most of the people who are experienced at this thing are calling Florida for Trump, based on the areas yet to be counted. They say Biden doesn't have a big enough lead.

The thing is the entire election is almost based in 4 states. Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan. Trump has practically conceded Michigan. Pennsylvania has largely been democrat but Trump managed to get them to swing that in 2016, whether he can do that twice is any unknown. Biden is currently ahead in Ohio.

Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania and 54 electoral college votes and enough to swing the 2016 vote from Trump to Biden regardless of what happens in Florida.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Ohio, Biden looks to be well clear. Florida is a coin toss. I haven't found any figures much on Pennsylvania as yet.

From a totally non-partisan perspective, I'm a geography and demographics nerd. Hence, I enjoy watching and analysing changing demographic trends. So the outcome in Texas fascinates me this time around.

With the increased latino vote, the Dems have slowly been gaining more traction in the "Red state". Interesting to see how that swings this year. Apparantly more people have voted via postal vote in Texas than voted in the 2016 election in Texas and you'd think there would be a sizeable proportion of those being latinos.

The US has always been a vote that if you engage latinos and african americans and get them to vote, then that swings to the dems hugely.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I've decided I really don't care what happens in the USA anymore. Whoever wins, that places is now divided and toxic. It needs a good war, either civil or world, before they'll be able to unite the country again

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
With the increased latino vote, the Dems have slowly been gaining more traction in the "Red state". Interesting to see how that swings this year. Apparantly more people have voted via postal vote in Texas than voted in the 2016 election in Texas and you'd think there would be a sizeable proportion of those being latinos.

The US has always been a vote that if you engage latinos and african americans and get them to vote, then that swings to the dems hugely.
Yes, that's definitely what I was inferring regarding TX.

Mind you, sometimes reality diverts from perception. I saw an article a couple of mins ago (not FOX or Murdoch either). That had polling among hispanics. And Trump's vote is actually up among Latinos in some regions in those southern swing states. And diverting further from perception, he was particularly up among college educated hispanics. So maybe I have it all wrong. Scratching my head on that one.

I'd still expect Biden will get across the line. But nonetheless, the underlying demographic themes are what I find more fascinating than the election itself.

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
I've decided I really don't care what happens in the USA anymore. Whoever wins, that places is now divided and toxic. It needs a good war, either civil or world, before they'll be able to unite the country again
Dud. Delist??

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yes, that's definitely what I was inferring regarding TX.

Mind you, sometimes reality diverts from perception. I saw an article a couple of mins ago (not FOX or Murdoch either). That had polling among hispanics. And Trump's vote is actually up among Latinos in some regions in those southern swing states. And diverting further from perception, he was particularly up among college educated hispanics. So maybe I have it all wrong. Scratching my head on that one.

I'd still expect Biden will get across the line. But nonetheless, the underlying demographic themes are what I find more fascinating than the election itself.

Wow, 5m votes counted in Texas so far (I assume mostly postal which would be more for Biden I would imagine) but he's ahead at the moment. I suspect Trump will still get up in Texas but indicating closing of the gap. 8.5m people voted in 2016 so 5m votes already is a sizeable volume.