U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
im switching between ABC and SkyNews coverage.

trying to draw a mean, and some semblance of truth.

its extraordinary that an empirical contest

could be presented so differently

From what I can glean in the mean (average) territory,

Cubans with thick gold jewellery will hand Trump Florida,

But The Bush Dynasty will hand Biden Texas.

Suitably strange, yes.

One thing that is becoming clear to me is

the Biden landslide isnt going to happen.

and that this is likely to turn into an unprecedented legal, political, journalistic, marketing, social media, and possibly physical

street brawl

Panthera Tigris

Tiger Champion
Apr 27, 2010
im switching between ABC and SkyNews coverage.

trying to draw a mean, and some semblance of truth.

its extraordinary that an empirical contest

could be presented so differently

From what I can glean in the mean (average) territory,

Cubans with thick gold jewellery will hand Trump Florida,

But The Bush Dynasty will hand Biden Texas.

Suitably strange, yes.

One thing that is becoming clear to me is

the Biden landslide isnt going to happen.

and that this is likely to turn into an unprecedented legal, political, journalistic, marketing, social media, and possibly physical

street brawl
Yes, I'm still leaning towards a Biden victory. But not an emphatic one. Which as you suggest, with the surrounding dynamics, may be the worst outcome for overall legal, political, journalistic, social media and general grass roots community discourse.

And under that outcome, "Trumpism" for want of a better description, is a movement that will still have plenty of oxygen. Whether that comes in the form of Trump running again in four years time. Or whether he transplants it into his son or daughter running down the track, or some other form of disruption, it will still be there as a significant force in US politics and social order.

More, Trump didn't actually start it. This base has been forming over the past couple of decades and that genie was let out of the bottle more formally with the Tea Party Movement and the Sarah Palin VP campaign. Trump just saw an opportunity to build on and tap into those forces.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Flicked from Sky News to BBC News and agree with Ezy very much different analysis.

Georgia will be an interesting one. Trump well ahead but the postal vote hasn't been counted yet. Apparantly they are 78% of the vote and assumed at 54% for Biden. Could swing from Trump too.

I think the postal vote, is providing some misleading stats from some states. Looks like Trumpy will hold Florida but plenty of states could swing and make a massive difference.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
do they say when they pay out JB?

If they pay out on a self-declaration of victory, Id be backing trump.

if they pay out on inauguration, Id back Biden

If they pay out at the end of the civil war, *smile* knows?
1604455709863.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Tigers and Trump for '20 - you know it makes sense.
vwMinh.jpg

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Trump now favourite. Not sure what has happened in such a short space of time for the odds to swings so dramatically.
1604456504035.png1604456560309.png

Attachments

• 1604456522686.png
    1604456522686.png
    1 KB · Views: 1

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I've decided I really don't care what happens in the USA anymore. Whoever wins, that places is now divided and toxic. It needs a good war, either civil or world, before they'll be able to unite the country again
Lets hope it doesn't come to a world war. If Trump's in power, it would come as no surprise me if he left us swinging.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Trump now favourite. Not sure what has happened in such a short space of time for the odds to swings so dramatically.
Biden drifted all morning out to $1.83, then was crunched into $1.60. Guessing someone had 7 figures on Biden based on Ohio progress votes.

Trump smashed in now to $1.55.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Biden drifted all morning out to $1.83, then was crunched into $1.60. Guessing someone had 7 figures on Biden based on Ohio progress votes.

Trump smashed in now to $1.55.

I'm not sure whats caused such a swing. Still so many states look borderline. Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona (who knows only just closed) even Texas is ridiculously close.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I'm not sure whats caused such a swing. Still so many states look borderline. Ohio, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Arizona (who knows only just closed) even Texas is ridiculously close.
The NYT has NC 92% certain for Trump. He's gaining hand-over-fist in Ohio and slowly in Pennysylvania, which is still early days.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A lot of the Democrat voters voted early for security reason, the Republican Party are expected to get votes from people who have voted later.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
A lot of the Democrat voters voted early for security reason, the Republican Party are expected to get votes from people who have voted later.

Yes but most states haven't counted the early votes. They are counted at or around the same time as in person votes so seems strange.

For example. Georgia. Trump looks miles in front (57%) but 78% of the votes were early votes with the expectation that 54% of those would be Biden. I saw this reported on BBC News. Those votes haven't been counted yet (the 54% is a projection) and it might take a while yet before they are included.

Reactions: 1 user

Althom

Tiger Superstar
Jul 23, 2016
Lets hope it doesn't come to a world war. If Trump's in power, it would come as no surprise me if he left us swinging.
Probably would but Senile Joe would most likely do the same. Two poor candidates. I pity the American people if that's the choice they get offered.