U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Yeah, didn't expect an answer.

McConnell and the Republicans talking about getting the deficit under control, what a joke, Since 1970 the US has run a budget deficit in all but 4 years: 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2001. Clinton was President in the first 3 of those years, and the 2001 surplus would have been Clinton's 2000 budget.

In contrast deficits rise when Republicans are in power.
Have another look and tell me when the deficit blew out. Coincides with someone beginning with 'O'...

The historical difference between left and right is that the left tax their way out where the right seek to increase productivity.

Roll up your sleeves you bludgers!

Yes because he has a stutter
good point, I didn't realise this but when I read about him, made sense. Some of his worse stumbles"make sense" when you think of it as some one working against a stutter. And not all can Churchill or Keating.

Reactions: 1 users
"Liberals" have only ever had the one idea. Raise taxes.

You forgot increase spending on infrastructure, eduction, health and other things that increase knowledge, productivity, innovation and spending which benefits the economy a whole lot more than cutting taxes.

Oh that reminds me - what happened to the bold infrastructure plan that Trump said would be "amazing" and "coming soon" three years ago?

He really did nothing but tweet and golf for four years if you think about it.

Reactions: 3 users
Have another look and tell me when the deficit blew out. Coincides with someone beginning with 'O'...

The historical difference between left and right is that the left tax their way out where the right seek to increase productivity.

Fell off a cliff in 2009, which would have been Bush Jr's last budget - then reduced until Trump got in and it went ballistic.

The right reduce taxes to their mates and continue to subsidise their mates. Talk about bludgers.

DS

Don't worry about all that, Biden promised to eliminate fracking and kill off oil and the money is obviously going to come from all the savings from switching to inexpensive renewables.

Half the homeless would tell you to *smile* off (or worse) if you tried to put them in a proper house.

To be fair US oil production, particularly through the use of fracking should have died out a while ago. The cost of extraction are huge and the only way they continue to pump is due to the subsidies available largely because Trump wanted to hit Russia hard with low oil prices.

If market dynamics were allowed to play out correctly over the last few years then most on shore oil production in the US would have ceased and this would have led to increases in oil prices.

Watched JFK the movie last night and Kevin Bacons character was wailing that Kennedy stole the 1960 election from Nixon. Nothing new under the sun it seems.

23 we are getting the first Danish news stories that don't involve Princess Mary or the bloke
You got cut off there but I assume you are talking about the bloke who cut up the Swedish journalist in his home-made submarine, and now the mink cull.
Not good, but the government are pretty spooked about it all. They may also completely cut off Vendsyssel (the "island" north of Limfjord).

Now let's see if Lee's statement that Trump won't punish "wrong thinkers" holds true. The purge has already begun - several key staffers/officers that Trump considered "disloyal" are gone. In the Presidential office he's already shown a strong penchant for "getting even".

Here's a whole article on it

He's now got 75 days to pardon himself and others, and punish those he feels deserve it.

Ah yes, Obama copped the GFC after 8 years of the Republican Party.

Now let's see if Lee's statement that Trump won't punish "wrong thinkers" holds true. The purge has already begun - several key staffers/officers that Trump considered "disloyal" are gone. In the Presidential office he's already shown a strong penchant for "getting even".

He's now got 75 days to pardon himself and others, and punish those he feels deserve it.

Leader

Watched JFK the movie last night and Kevin Bacons character was wailing that Kennedy stole the 1960 election from Nixon. Nothing new under the sun it seems.

Yeah, supposedly corrupt Dem Mayor of Chicago "stuffed ballot boxes" in Illinois to help Kennedy over the line in the state.

Tried to watch JFK again recently, almost unwatchable. That bizarre implication that it was a bunch of corrupt gay cubans? who organised it? If I recall correctly.. the best ever Oliver Stone movie is, as everybody knows, U-Turn.

Can you pardon yourself before you've been convicted of an offence?

yeah, most of Lee's facts around Trump turn out to be fake news.

I'm sure Trump would've swapped corona for the GFC. He'd have won this election while Obama might not have made it through his first term.

No I'm not. Most people voted according to their chosen "side", although a small percentage of every minority demographic switched allegiance to Trump, while a significant percentage of mass-media-consuming whitey (which I presume is you) swung against him.
The worrying thing I am sure you and others actually believe this.
Delusional.

The worrying thing I am sure you and others actually believe this.
Delusional.
0IMKvmO.jpg

Lost ground with whitey.

Gained ground with blacks, Hispanics, Asians and 'other'.

There was negligible shift 18-64yo, but older people turned on him. He lost the election because of corona.

Apology please.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
You got cut off there but I assume you are talking about the bloke who cut up the Swedish journalist in his home-made submarine, and now the mink cull.
Not good, but the government are pretty spooked about it all. They may also completely cut off Vendsyssel (the "island" north of Limfjord).
Read my mind. Was going to say 17m minks were going to pay the ultimate price. Article also said the fur goes mainly to China ...is that for making the coats and re export orbecause Chinese still wear fur?

I'm sure Trump would've swapped corona for the GFC. He'd have won this election while Obama might not have made it through his first term.

Sure, I can just see it now... "one day soon, these subprime mortgage problems, it's like a miracle - they will disappear". Trump doesn't do proactive policy response because (a) he's not interested in it and (b) he doesn't understand it.

It's a stupid counterfactual really but Obama did deal with a potential pandemic - Ebola. We've seen already that leaders who do a good job of responding to Corona stay in power - Obama would have done a good job. He prevented a total meltdown of the US and global economies - you can debate QE and all that if you want - but the point is he stopped things from getting much much worse - at great cost to his own budget and plans for his first term. Trump didn't have a plan for his first term and he surely would have botched something as complex as the GFC and the whole Subprime thing. He doesn't even understand what "per capita" means ferchrissake.

Citation below, but the differences between Trump and Obama when dealing with the pandemics were:

- Obama respected scientific and medical advice
- Obama cooperated internationally to help minimise the spread rather than just treating the virus as an "invader". Troops and medical experts were sent to West Africa to help deal with the problem there before it spread. Contrast to Trump pulling US virus experts out of Wuhan 2 months before the virus was detected
- Trump continued (and continues) to blame China rather than deal with the problem as it is - currently 120k new cases per day in the US. The focus is on blaming the source rather than dealing with the active community spread that is happening right now.

You always tell us how you don't really care about Trump but this is massive blind spot, given your clearheadedness on Covid in Australia. It's almost if you are a Trump Stan.

Reactions: 1 user