U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

I've removed the outrage and hysteria from your post which doesn't leave much.

Did Biden have classified documents stored where he shouldn’t have have.
Did Biden show classified documents to people without clearance? Whether he tried to hide them or not is irrelevant .

Since the majority of the documents case against Trump is around obstruction of justice, it's highly relevant.

Reactions: 1 user
1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems.

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan.

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health.

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above)

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan.

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act.

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits.

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket.

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland.

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden.

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions.

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history.

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan.

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins.

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation.

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027.

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze

You know even if you don't like the guy or his politics, you can still be gracious enough to say he's done some good things. Alas RWNJs don't believe in facts.
No doubt he has achieved some good results there.
I don’t know whether they are all “great things” though.
A couple of uestions
Would any of those been achieved under another democratic President? Or only under Biden?
No doubt some (I did say some) of the economic upturn was the result of restoration of supply lines after covid. More jobs available etc.
But. That change the fact that the old dodderer is now 81. If anyone thinks his mental actuit6 is going t9 improve from here should make an appointment with their own doctor.
He’s 81.
If he lived in Australia he would have been eligible for the age pension 16 years ago. Think about that

Last edited:
I've removed the outrage and hysteria from your post which doesn't leave much.

Since the majority of the documents case against Trump is around obstruction of justice, it's highly relevant.

Well aren’t you a condescending prick.
In other words you can’t make a mature reply and comeback like a real *smile*.

Oh, so they can both have classified documents illegally stored, but it’s only about “obstruction”

Actually, don’t bother answering.

It's the US so really I don't care too much who they chose to be their President to manage their domestic affairs.

But with the US still hanging onto the global power that it has, anchoring the "West", their choice of President can have an impact on all of us. Now Biden has disgraced himself over the way they have let Israel commit genocide against the Palestinians. But in saying that, sure as *smile* Trump would have done the same, if not worse in that conflict. Then add his deliberate destabilizing of NATO, being a Putin sycophant, and basically giving the rest of the world the finger, out of a choice between Biden and Trump, no matter how poor those choices are, Biden is by far the better choice.
I agree, poor choice either way.
I‘m not a Trump advocate at all. But I’m sure there is a hell of a lot of concern over Biden’s mental faculties, age, frailty within the corridors of power in the USA. And how that will impact in the coming next few years. He’s not going to miracimprove.
If that translates across the population, there’s no doubt many would see Trump as the better option. If he stays out of gaol.

Regardless of what us people say here on a forum.

Choosing between those two would be like choosing “death by a thousand cuts” or death by a “thousand and one cuts”
Same result.

But I’m sure there is a hell of a lot of concern over Biden’s mental faculties, age, frailty within the corridors of power in the USA. And how that will impact in the coming next few years. He’s not going to miracimprove.
While the US Pres has more executive power than our PM, Biden does seem to have better quality secretaries to advise him and not do anything untoward. A slip up in a presser is neither here nor there really, he's not giving executive orders or making decisions in pressers.

If that translates across the population, there’s no doubt many would see Trump as the better option.
Nope, no valid sane logical reason to vote for Trump. None whatsoever. Anyone I know who votes Trump I lose complete respect for and consider them absolute idiots. And working for a large US Company, I've met plenty of them.

Choosing between those two would be like choosing “death by a thousand cuts” or death by a “thousand and one cuts”
Same result
No, not even close to it being that bad with either of them. Biden might not be a good choice, but Trump is a very very bad stupid, illogical dangerous *smile* up choice.

Reactions: 2 users
So Biden is either mentally “compromised” and as such has an out.
Or he isn’t and should be prosecuted like Trump should be.

Youtube or not, I doubt anyone could refute that Biden’s mental faculties are near the end of use date
The prosecution did not find sufficient evidence to prosecute. Or sufficient evidence that a crime occurred.

Think about it. Prosecutions regularly occur against people with mental conditions.
If they didnt prosecute because Biden couldnt remember then every crook would claim a failing memory and the prosecution would close the case. That doesnt happen.

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems.

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan.

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health.

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above)

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan.

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act.

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits.

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket.

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement.

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland.

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden.

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions.

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue.

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history.

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan.

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins.

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation.

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027.

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze

You know even if you don't like the guy or his politics, you can still be gracious enough to say he's done some good things. Alas RWNJs don't believe in facts.
I don't see any aqueducts in there.

Biden is a figurehead. The achievements are his government's, but I'm not sure he had a lot to do with them. And you'd only have to watch an episode of The Apprentice to realise Trump is an idiot who relies on advisors and has never had an original idea.

Willos is right in that Biden should step aside. And Trump should be executed.

Reactions: 1 users
While the US Pres has more executive power than our PM, Biden does seem to have better quality secretaries to advise him and not do anything untoward. A slip up in a presser is neither here nor there really, he's not giving executive orders or making decisions in pressers.

Nope, no valid sane logical reason to vote for Trump. None whatsoever. Anyone I know who votes Trump I lose complete respect for and consider them absolute idiots. And working for a large US Company, I've met plenty of them.

No, not even close to it being that bad with either of them. Biden might not be a good choice, but Trump is a very very bad stupid, illogical dangerous *smile* up choice.
Presser vs presidential decree.
Written down its easy to correct any slipups and faux pas and typos.
The US aint supporting Israel's invasion of Mexico, regardless of what gets said.
The administration doesnt get it muddled.

Having said that the Dems and Biden surely gottA see that another candidate removes that argument

Biden is a figurehead. The achievements are his government's, but I'm not sure he had a lot to do with them. And you'd only have to watch an episode of The Apprentice to realise Trump is an idiot who relies on advisors and has never had an original idea.

Willos is right in that Biden should step aside. And Trump should be executed.
Yeah Biden should move on. However, if Harris is the alternative I’m not sure she can win.

Maybe. But while his secretaries “advise “him. The Pres does have Executive powers.
A slip up in a presser. I wonder what goes on behind closed doors. I’m sure he doesn’t have slip ups just for the public eye.
I doubt whether Trump voters would care one iota that you lose respect for them. There are millions of them. And no doubt the more they trot the old dodderer out, more again. Unless they can finally lock Trump up. Which would be a good sight to see.
Im not sure who would be the front runner for the GOP then
So there’s a “not be a good choice” and “very very bad stupid illogical dangerous…choice (sounds like a Trump saying).
That equates to both being not very good choices, regardless of the choice of words.

Surely people can admit, without that meaning their endorse Trump, that Biden’s age and mental acuity is a concern.
Right Now.
And if he finished his next term if re-elected he’d be around 86.

His mental acuity isn’t going to suddenly improve. Odds are that it will get worse . Just common sense will tell you that.
If he thinks Mexico is on the southern border of Israel now. Where or what will he think in a year or two’s time.

Maybe. But while his secretaries “advise “him. The Pres does have Executive powers.
A slip up in a presser. I wonder what goes on behind closed doors. I’m sure he doesn’t have slip ups just for the public eye.

I doubt whether Trump voters would care one iota that you lose respect for them. There are millions of them. And no doubt the more they trot the old dodderer out, more again. Unless they can finally lock Trump up. Which would be a good sight to see.
Im not sure who would be the front runner for the GOP then

So there’s a “not be a good choice” and “very very bad stupid illogical dangerous…choice (sounds like a Trump saying).
That equates to both being not very good choices, regardless of the choice of words.

Surely people can admit, without that meaning their endorse Trump, that Biden’s age and mental acuity is a concern.
Right Now.
And if he finished his next term if re-elected he’d be around 86.

His mental acuity isn’t going to suddenly improve. Odds are that it will get worse . Just common sense will tell you that.
If he thinks Mexico is on the southern border of Israel now. Where or what will he think in a year or two’s time.
I‘m not a Trump advocate at all.

You might want to relook at your statement. You're looking at the worst possible scenario with Biden and completely ignoring Trump's proven track record to come out with a line ball decision.

Whether the mindless idiots care about what I think really is nothing I have thought about. Why would I care about the opinion of someone I consider an imbecile (putting it nicely).

Again, it's very simple. An occasionally absent-minded Biden is miles and miles better than the Trump alternative. There is no comparison.

Reactions: 2 users
Same result.

When you look at the US now compared with 4 years ago thats clearly not remotely true.

You might want to relook at your statement. You're looking at the worst possible scenario with Biden and completely ignoring Trump's proven track record to come out with a line ball decision.

Whether the mindless idiots care about what I think really is nothing I have thought about. Why would I care about the opinion of someone I consider an imbecile (putting it nicely).

Again, it's very simple. An occasionally absent-minded Biden is miles and miles better than the Trump alternative. There is no comparison.
Well you’re probably right. But I think the Trump hatred colours some people’s perspectives.
Imagine Biden in 4 years. He can hardly walk by himself, talk coherently at times. Hes just about ready for the old folks home now.
But he’s a lovable old dodderer. But hopefully no president to be for the next 4 years

Trump, he can walk, talk , hopefully to all his new friends in the clink. But hopefully no president for the next 4 years.
Whether they lovable, hateable, criminal or nearly criminal. Neither are fit to hold that office. Which is what I’m saying.

That’s why people can wander across from Mexico, he’s been ringing the wrong bloke asking him to shut his border.

• Haha
Yeah Biden should move on. However, if Harris is the alternative I’m not sure she can win.

There was a fair bit of hope for Kamala Harris when elected VP, but the widespread opinion is that she has under-performed. The VP role is a difficult one but there are opportunities and she hasn't taken them. If the Dems don't end up running with Biden, Harris won't be the nominee.

The problem is who else have they got? Bit like footy really, the Dems needed a younger candidate to upstage Biden and none have made themselves obvious.

I actually think Biden standing aside for a younger candidate would be a good move but it all comes back to the question - who?

As for the age issue with Biden. He screws up his autocue reading less than Trump, who is also too old. With Trump's other issues: narcissism, huge unjustified ego, narcissism, no judgement, narcissism, has just been found guilty of fraud, trying to prevent the proper implementation of the constitution, etc . . . did I mention narcissism, Trump is simply no choice at all.

DS