U.S Presidential Election | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

U.S Presidential Election

Giardiasis said:
Do you ever read anything that is Mises? Hoppe is not Mises. Mises was a believer in democracy and limited government (mainly in regards to defence). Hoppe thinks democracy is communism-lite and thinks even defence should be privatised.

"Hans-Hermann Hoppe (born September 2, 1949) is a German-born American Austrian School economist, and paleolibertarian anarcho-capitalist philosopher. He is Professor Emeritus of Economics at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), Senior Fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, and the founder and president of the Property and Freedom Society."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Hermann_Hoppe

Giardiasis said:
I could try to assume what point you are making but it’s probably better if you spell it out.

Try not to break a sweat Gia. I shall indulge you because I am just that kind and thoughtful.

You claimed "Hoppe is not Mises". I assumed you were not being literal, in that you did not think that I thought that Hoppe and Mises were the same person, but that you do not think Hoppe is an acolyte of Mises. Given he is Senior Fellow of the Mises Institute, that would be a strange claim. I didn't think it was a particularly obtuse point. No doubt you will show me my error.

KnightersRevenge said:
Try not to break a sweat Gia. I shall indulge you because I am just that kind and thoughtful.

You claimed "Hoppe is not Mises". I assumed you were not being literal, in that you did not think that I thought that Hoppe and Mises were the same person, but that you do not think Hoppe is an acolyte of Mises. Given he is Senior Fellow of the Mises Institute, that would be a strange claim. I didn't think it was a particularly obtuse point. No doubt you will show me my error.
When you said "Do you ever read anything that isn't Mises?" I took that to mean the man not the Mises Institute. Hoppe is strongly Misean in terms of economics, but his ethics is different and leads him to not support democracy whilst Mises did. That's a pretty big point of difference I would have thought, hence the claim that Hoppe isn't Mises. You appear to be disillusioned with democracy, Hoppe's book is a good critique of it. I paid $50+ bucks for it, it wasn't available for free a couple of years ago. Hoppe was actually interviewed on abc radio about the book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3DfL7Z3-uM

Giardiasis said:
When you said "Do you ever read anything that isn't Mises?" I took that to mean the man not the Mises Institute. Hoppe is strongly Misean in terms of economics, but his ethics is different and leads him to not support democracy whilst Mises did. That's a pretty big point of difference I would have thought, hence the claim that Hoppe isn't Mises. You appear to be disillusioned with democracy, Hoppe's book is a good critique of it. I paid $50+ bucks for it, it wasn't available for free a couple of years ago. Hoppe was actually interviewed on abc radio about the book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3DfL7Z3-uM

Cheers Gia, I'll have a look.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Common sense is back in fashion, in the US at least.

Let's hope it spreads rapidly.

This was a step in the right direction as well:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

a week ago Trump praised a fellow politician for physically assaulting a journo at a rally.
now other bombs arrive at CNN.

the 'great man' certainly leads his 'people'.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The road for Democrats is bumpy
Looks like six more years of Trumpy

fd532e73a5c30b27a97639696d819784.gif

Brodders17 said:
a week ago Trump praised a fellow politician for physically assaulting a journo at a rally.
now other bombs arrive at CNN.

the 'great man' certainly leads his 'people'.

The dog whistling has even exceeded my expectations. In two years we've had Charlottleville, multiple assassination attempts, a spike in transgender murders, migrants & dark skinned citizens being routinely attacked & kids being locked up in cages. Supporters of Trump must be swelling with pride.

bullus_hit said:
The dog whistling has even exceeded my expectations. In two years we've had Charlottleville, multiple assassination attempts, a spike in transgender murders, migrants & dark skinned citizens being routinely attacked & kids being locked up in cages. Supporters of Trump must be swelling with pride.

An now there is the Caravan. Because scared families and children are evil

bullus_hit said:

Are these people making America great? No? Well there's the problem.

D.J.T.
Good for you and me

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Are these people making America great? No? Well there's the problem.

D.J.T.
Good for you and me

If you cannot see the link between Trump's rhetoric & the rise in identity based violence then your rose coloured glasses need a good rinse.

bullus_hit said:
If you cannot see the link between Trump's rhetoric & the rise in identity based violence then your rose coloured glasses need a good rinse.

So Trump is responsible for all violence now? Those leftist shitrags are rotting your brain. His daughter and son-in-law are practising Jews FFS.

Give the synagogue killer the electric chair and be done with it.

The only surprise is that Trump hasn't been assassinated by left-wing fanatics.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
So Trump is responsible for all violence now? Those leftist sh!trags are rotting your brain. His daughter and son-in-law are practising Jews FFS.

Give the synagogue killer the electric chair and be done with it.

The only surprise is that Trump hasn't been assassinated by left-wing fanatics.

If you had bothered to check the dates I wasn't even referring to the Synagogue massacre, I was speaking about this -

JeHBK4d.jpg

Words can be weapons & Trump has lied, defamed, encouraged people at his rallies to beat the *smile* out of dissenters, given the green light for politicians to assault journalists & juxtaposed peaceful protests with white supremacists mowing down people in a crowded street. As for the synagogue victims, that is the price being paid for the dog whistling that's been going on ever since he took office. He knows the far right helped him into office, that is a core piece of his support base. He also knows the NRA will back him so long as he dismantles all the legislation that Obama put into place to ensure that weapons don't fall into the hands of lunatics. But carry on with the vitriol, it's a good reminder of the hatred that festers in many Trump supporters.

bullus_hit said:
If you had bothered to check the dates I wasn't even referring to the Synagogue massacre, I was speaking about this -

JeHBK4d.jpg

What is it?

Words can be weapons & Trump has lied, defamed, encouraged people at his rallies to beat the sh!t out of dissenters, given the green light for politicians to assault journalists & juxtaposed peaceful protests with white supremacists mowing down people in a crowded street. As for the synagogue victims, that is the price being paid for the dog whistling that's been going on ever since he took office. He knows the far right helped him into office, that is a core piece of his support base. He also knows the NRA will back him so long as he dismantles all the legislation that Obama put into place to ensure that weapons don't fall into the hands of lunatics. But carry on with the vitriol, it's a good reminder of the hatred that festers in many Trump supporters.

So you are blaming Trump, even though the synagogue shooter was anti-Trump.

"This evil Anti-Semitic attack is an assault on humanity. It will take all of us working together to extract the poison of Anti-Semitism from our world. We must unite to conquer hate."

You're incapable of separating reality from ideology. Go away.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
What is it?

It's the vehicle of the mail bomber who plotted to kill Clinton, Obama, Soros & others.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
"This evil Anti-Semitic attack is an assault on humanity. It will take all of us working together to extract the poison of Anti-Semitism from our world. We must unite to conquer hate."

You're incapable of separating reality from ideology. Go away.

Yet in the same breath he courts the white supremacists. This is the problem & was illustrated by his limp commentary after Charlottesville & his consant retweeting of known white nationalists.

http://time.com/4945238/donald-trump-twitter-controversial-retweets/

And here's some of his choice words used at his rallies.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

I realise these sources are all considered enemies of the state in the Trumpiverse, so much for free speech eh? Don't really get the love you have of Trump unless it involves some level of bigotry. Your frequent labeling with terms like 'leftist' are very reminiscent of someone who has joined a hate club. I'm happy to sit here & discuss the shortcomings of any politician you like, but spare me the MAGA fanboy commentary.

bullus_hit said:
It's the vehicle of the mail bomber who plotted to kill Clinton, Obama, Soros & others.

Yet in the same breath he courts the white supremacists. This is the problem & was illustrated by his limp commentary after Charlottesville & his consant retweeting of known white nationalists.

http://time.com/4945238/donald-trump-twitter-controversial-retweets/

And here's some of his choice words used at his rallies.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/donald-trump-incitement-violence/

I realise these sources are all considered enemies of the state in the Trumpiverse, so much for free speech eh? Don't really get the love you have of Trump unless it involves some level of bigotry. Your frequent labeling with terms like 'leftist' are very reminiscent of someone who has joined a hate club. I'm happy to sit here & discuss the shortcomings of any politician you like, but spare me the MAGA fanboy commentary.

You'd prefer he just rolls over and allows the media destroy him, like Abbott. Which they'd do in a heartbeat.

Is there anything about Trump you admire?