UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

Jukes Extended said:
I read online that this season has had the worst viewer numbers in the history of TUF.

Interesting. I still really love the show, although Big Country is proving to be little underwhelming as a coach. I don't think the fighters like him. Unsurprisingly, he seems like a bit of a slackass- bad diet, lazy trainer etc.

The Oz TUF is pretty shyte. I'm still going to watch it anyway. ;D

I've only just discovered this, where have I been?!
Just caught a replay on Fox of last year's Jose Aldo/Mark Hominick fight.
Hominick looked like he had two heads.
Bloody hell that is one brutal sport.

Tigers of Old said:
I've only just discovered this, where have I been?!
Just caught a replay on Fox of last year's Jose Aldo/Mark Hominick fight.
Hominick looked like he had two heads.
Bloody hell that is one brutal sport.

:hihi

I remember the Hommick fight....that hematoma was nasty.

This is the bloodiest I've ever seen anyone in the UFC.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m32inbdpM81rufuzyo1_500.jpg

Was anyone watching today? I've been following Rory MacDonald and I think he has massive potential. I wasn't really looking forward to this fight because I think BJ Penn is pretty much finished so I fully expected Rory to beat the brakes off him. What I didn't expect, from someone who has GSP as a mentor, is the showboating. Really disappointed in that. Bisping doesn't need the competition for most annoying UFC shmuck. That said, he was brilliant and will be at the pointy end of some main events soon I reckon. Just hope GSP gives him a lesson in humility. One of the reasons this sport is leaving the sweet science in its wake is the no-nonsense way it is officiated and minimal trash talking and stupidity used to pump up fights. I'd hate to see that change.

KnightersRevenge said:
Was anyone watching today? I've been following Rory MacDonald and I think he has massive potential. I wasn't really looking forward to this fight because I think BJ Penn is pretty much finished so I fully expected Rory to beat the brakes off him. What I didn't expect, from someone who has GSP as a mentor, is the showboating. Really disappointed in that. Bisping doesn't need the competition for most annoying UFC shmuck. That said, he was brilliant and will be at the pointy end of some main events soon I reckon. Just hope GSP gives him a lesson in humility. One of the reasons this sport is leaving the sweet science in its wake is the no-nonsense way it is officiated and minimal trash talking and stupidity used to pump up fights. I'd hate to see that change.

BJ Penn actually retired....he should have stayed that way,
Although I don't mind him still fighting but he has to drop down to Lightweight.
R-Mac monstered him, BJ has always been a small Welterwight....Penn has been on the end of some beat downs lately, it's sad to see.

I don't like showboating either....especially from an up and coming kid that hasn't beaten anyone relevant yet,
that said BJ has done it many times in the past so it didn't bother me as much as if it would happening to someone else.
MacDonald needs to fight a top 10 guy next....he called out Condit that sounds a good matchup.

Bisping and GSP are in different divisions and they won't be fighting....plus Bisping is a fair way off a title shot anyway after he lost to Sonnen.
GSP wants to fight Anderson Silva probably at a catchweight next year, Nick Diaz and Hendricks are also inline for GSP first.
Bisping is a knob but he is hilarious! some of his interviews and twitter comments are classic gold,
what makes it even more funny is he is trying to be serious....he's like a kid who always has to say the last insult.

On a side note judging in MMA is a disgrace and has been for years.

Jukes Extended said:
BJ Penn actually retired....he should have stayed that way,
Although I don't mind him still fighting but he has to drop down to Lightweight.
R-Mac monstered him, BJ has always been a small Welterwight....Penn has been on the end of some beat downs lately, it's sad to see.

I don't like showboating either....especially from an up and coming kid that hasn't beaten anyone relevant yet,
that said BJ has done it many times in the past so it didn't bother me as much as if it would happening to someone else.
MacDonald needs to fight a top 10 guy next....he called out Condit that sounds a good matchup.

Bisping and GSP are in different divisions and they won't be fighting....plus Bisping is a fair way off a title shot anyway after he lost to Sonnen.
GSP wants to fight Anderson Silva probably at a catchweight next year, Nick Diaz and Hendricks are also inline for GSP first.
Bisping is a knob but he is hilarious! some of his interviews and twitter comments are classic gold,
what makes it even more funny is he is trying to be serious....he's like a kid who always has to say the last insult.

On a side note judging in MMA is a disgrace and has been for years.

I'm a recent convert to UFC after finally giving up on boxing for good (spectating, your grandmother could rear naked choke me). Watched a few John Wayne Parr fights and eventually got interested in UFC. I've probably only seen BJ in decline to be fair, I think I saw his last really solid performance when I first started watching. I suppose I just liked the way Henderson spoke and the way GSP always speaks after his fights. I would love to see R-Mac against some decent opponents, not sure if he is ready for Condit just yet. It was great to see GSP make such a competent return, if he fights Hendricks it will be interesting to see how he stays away from those big meat axes.

I don't know much about MMA outside of UFC and I find the UFC is usually a bit better than what I was used to from boxing. That said I have seen a couple of terrible decisions too.

KnightersRevenge said:
I'm a recent convert to UFC after finally giving up on boxing for good (spectating, your grandmother could rear naked choke me). Watched a few John Wayne Parr fights and eventually got interested in UFC. I've probably only seen BJ in decline to be fair, I think I saw his last really solid performance when I first started watching.

BJ Penn was the cream of the crop in his prime along with Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell....
BJ is one of only 2 UFC fighters to be champion in 2 different weight classes.
His wins over Joe Stevenson and Diego Sanchez were brutal, I thought Stevenson was in trouble with all the blood loss.

Jukes Extended said:
BJ Penn was the cream of the crop in his prime along with Tito Ortiz and Chuck Liddell....
BJ is one of only 2 UFC fighters to be champion in 2 different weight classes.
His wins over Joe Stevenson and Diego Sanchez were brutal, I thought Stevenson was in trouble with all the blood loss.

I'll have to go back to the archive and watch some of his earlier work.

Diaz got owned eh. I went in expecting him to win. Henderson was awake to the Diaz triangle and planned well for the fight.

I like the look of Gustaffson - he's an awkward customer. Should be a good fight when he eventually meets Jones.
Expected Penn to be flogged. You could tell he was overweight and should've been in a weight class lower. Or better still retired.

evo said:
Diaz got owned eh. I went in expecting him to win. Henderson was awake to the Diaz triangle and planned well for the fight.

I like the look of Gustaffson - he's an awkward customer. Should be a good fight when he eventually meets Jones.
Expected Penn to be flogged. You could tell he was overweight and should've been in a weight class lower. Or better still retired.

Always good to see Diaz take a beating. >:D Missed a bit of the Gustaffson fight, but Shogun hasn't looked in shape for a while. Runs out of steam before the first round is up, then it's just a war after that.

how was the imagery of Dos Santos beaten up face as he cam out for the third round?

If you every had any doubts the UFC fighters are tough muthas you only have to watch the bravery of both Luzon and Dos Santos in UFC 156.