UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
If you every had any doubts the UFC fighters are tough muthas you only have to watch the bravery of both Luzon and Dos Santos in UFC 156.

This is JDS the day after the fight.
JDS-hospital-pics-1.jpg

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
I'm glad to learn they get tested after every fight. I would hate to see drug scandals to ruin UFC. After footy it is the best sport going these days.

Bisping looked a little sluggish. Unlike most people it seems, I actually quite like Bisping. KInda feel sorry for him losing that fight - he is one of the hardest workers going around. I suspect that he'll probably never get a title shot now.

Really enjoyed the Doloway v Sarafian fight. I remember Sarafian from the ultimate fighter brazil. He was a psycho - very talented as well.

The new ultimate fighter series starts next week I think.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
I'm glad to learn they get tested after every fight. I would hate to see drug scandals to ruin UFC. After footy it is the best sport going these days.

Bisping looked a little sluggish. Unlike most people it seems, I actually quite like Bisping. Kinda feel sorry for him losing that fight - he is one of the hardest workers going around. I suspect that he'll probably never get a title shot now.

I don't like Bisping for a few reasons...he goes too far with his trash talking, for example leading up to the fight he told Belfort their was no God etc,
who is a very religious man. But it's the fact he can dish it but can't take it in return....he carry's on like a school girl.
I'll never respect him after he won a fight then spat on his opponents trainers....and trash talked his opponent after he just knocked him out.

Dana White said leading up to the fight if Bispring won he'd be the next challenger for Anderson Silva.

Fighters get tested positive all the time.
Whether it's for high Testosterone or Marijuana it's at least a 6-12 month suspension,
I think it's ridiculous that Marijuana gets the penalty it does.
Nick Diaz got suspended for Marijuana even though he has medical clearance for it.....I think their should be a penalty but much less.
Also Dave Herman, Matt Riddle and Thiago Silva have been busted in recent times for Marijuana.

As far as performance enhancing within the last 12 months the busts has been...
Stephen Bonner, Jake Shields, Joey Beltran, Rousimar Palhares, Alistar Overeem and Francisco Rivera.
Chris Leben has only just returned from a 12 month suspension.

Col.E.Kurtz

Tiger Legend
Apr 4, 2005
Jukes Extended said:
Na, he always looks like that imo....I noticed his stupid haircut though.

Fighters get tested after every fight anyway.

I thought the Phenom was noticeable more ripped than he has been in recent fights. The UFC drug testing is imperfect, it is considerably less rigorous than Olympic or AFL testing and does not happen regularly out of competition.

Bisping was overpowered in that fight, the strength difference was notable when they exchanged. Maybe the Phenom is naturally stronger, but I thought he looked unnaturally ripped.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Jukes Extended said:
I don't like Bisping for a few reasons...he goes too far with his trash talking, for example leading up to the fight he told Belfort their was no God etc,
Hahaha, I reckon that is an awesome sledge. But that's just me.

Dana White said leading up to the fight if Bispring won he'd be the next challenger for Anderson Silva.
yeah, that's why I think he has done his dash now. That was his shot.

Fighters get tested positive all the time.
Whether it's for high Testosterone or Marijuana it's at least a 6-12 month suspension,
I think it's ridiculous that Marijuana gets the penalty it does.
Nick Diaz got suspended for Marijuana even though he has medical clearance for it.....I think their should be a penalty but much less.
Also Dave Herman, Matt Riddle and Thiago Silva have been busted in recent times for Marijuana.
Agree that is ridiculous- why they even test for recreational drugs i don;t know. but that is 21st century life unfortunately.
As far as performance enhancing within the last 12 months the busts has been...
Stephen Bonner, Jake Shields, Joey Beltran, Rousimar Palhares, Alistar Overeem and Francisco Rivera.
Chris Leben has only just returned from a 12 month suspension.
as i said I hope it doesn't mare the sport they way it has cycling. so far it ihasn't done too much PR dmage.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
yeah, that's why I think he has done his dash now. That was his shot..

I don't think he deserved a title shot.
He was only on a 1 fight win streak...he was beaten up by Sonnen then he beat Brian Stann who isn't even top 10 material.
I suppose Silva has beat everyone else in the division.

evo said:
Hahaha, I reckon that is an awesome sledge. But that's just me.

I'm not really religious but I thought it was a cheap shot...
I suppose Sonnen has said a lot worse who I think is legendary at building up a fight.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Great card this weekend.

Particularly looking forward to Overeem v Bigfoot - 2 monsters.

I expect Overeem will own him.

http://au.ufc.com/event/UFC156#/fight

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
Great card this weekend.

Particularly looking forward to Overeem v Bigfoot - 2 monsters.

I expect Overeem will own him.

http://au.ufc.com/event/UFC156#/fight

Yep and Yep.
Great card...Overeem wins...he'll get a shot at the title.
Looking forward to Aldo/Edgar....I expect Aldo comfortably,
Edgar doesn't have to power to worry him and he won't have the speed advantage he's used to having in this division.

Benavidez/McCall will be a ripper too.
Even the Prem. fights are good...Woodley goes alright and whenever Dunham fights they exciting.

Looking forward to 157 as well.

:hihi
Bigfoot-EasterIsland.jpg

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Hehehe. Bigfoots jaw looks like he took growth hormone at some stage I reckon.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
that bigfoot win has to be one of the biggest upsets for a while. Overeem will be spewing. As you say, too cocky.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
yeah, he sure did. When he was knocked down I literally jumped out of my seat. Great fight.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Coughlan24 said:
Armbar in Round 1 is on the cards at UFC 157.. Rowdy Ronda Rousey to win in a canter.

It's the only way she's won all her fight's so far :hihi
She's amazing really, so many ways to take you down....Olympic level Judo will do that though.

They don't Ronda losing in her first UFC fight....that's why she's fighting Carmouche who isn't ready yet or anywhere near Rousey's level.

Only Cyborg is capable of beating Ronda, but couldn't get a contract signed with the UFC where both parties were happy which is unfortunate.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
cant say i'm particularly keen to watch women fight. I hope the UFC dont make a habit of it.

Undercard looks good but.