UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

Coughlan24

Tiger Superstar
Jul 8, 2004
Lithgow, NSW
Cyborg's a drug cheat who won't cut weight to fight Rousey.. She signed to fight with Invicta. Yeah i agree about the undercard Evo, think Faber will win and Dan Henderson may get over Machida but pretty even that bout.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
cant say i'm particularly keen to watch women fight. I hope the UFC dont make a habit of it.

Dana White was never a fan of WMMA mainly because the depth of fighters was ordinary....but Rousey has changed his mind there.

WMMA is growing so expect to see more of it as it grows.
The talent depth isn't there, but I like the fights...they always entertaining cause they go for it.
Their is only one weight class so their isn't gonna be many fights at this stage.

The next female fight has been signed which is Meisha Tate at the TUF 17 finale in April who is another very good fighter.

Coughlan24 said:
Cyborg's a drug cheat who won't cut weight to fight Rousey.. She signed to fight with Invicta.

Many fighters are drug cheats unfortunately, alot of fighters in the 10 ten rankings in the majority of the divisions have been busted at times.

Part of her original contract was she was able to fight for Invicta too so it was strange how it fell apart and she went there anyway.

Rousey is a great fighter but....no doubt she was ducking Cyborg, imo she's scared.
Should have made a compromise for a catchweight, no way Cyborg can cut that much weight.
I miss seeing Gina Carano go around but Ronda is the next best thing.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
The arm collector does it again that's 7-0 via first round armbars,
the fight went twice as long than I expected.
Great first WMMA UFC fight.
Carmouche put up a great fight though, thought she might slip the choke in for a while there.

How the hell was Machida/Hendo a split decision? Machida easily won that fight.

Great fights overall, easily better than the over hyped previous PPV.

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg
Disagree that Rousey is ducking Cyborg. Rowdy has the belt, its as simple as that, so she shouldnt be expected to make allowances for Cyborg.

Not her fault that Cyborg has put on too much size over the years.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
D85 said:
Disagree that Rousey is ducking Cyborg. Rowdy has the belt, its as simple as that, so she shouldnt be expected to make allowances for Cyborg.

Not her fault that Cyborg has put on too much size over the years.

I agree to a point, Ronda is the 135lbs champion and should defend the title at that weight class,
but she has been running her mouth about Cyborg for the last 18 months....all the contract negotiations between a Cyborg/Rousey fight kept breaking down always on Ronda's side of the table though...the fight could happen in the future.
The talent is limited so it's something that could be built up down the line.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Jukes Extended said:
The arm collector does it again that's 7-0 via first round armbars,
the fight went twice as long than I expected.
Great first WMMA UFC fight.
Carmouche put up a great fight though, thought she might slip the choke in for a while there.

How the hell was Machida/Hendo a split decision? Machida easily won that fight.

Great fights overall, easily better than the over hyped previous PPV.

I reckon the standing rear naked was close to being sunk right in. Found the Lyoto / Hendo fight quite dull. Disappointing. Was watching with my sister who is a new fan, and my dad who was once a national level boxer. Hard to sell the sport on that fight. my sister liked it and not enough boxing for dad. Like any newbie was far more interested when I showed Griffin-Bonnar.

This lead to a you tube fest, highlights being 2x Anderson Silva MDK of Rich frankiln and his Cage Rage back elbow knockout.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Did any of you guys watch the prelims.=? There is one fight between Bermudez abd Grice that is absolutely corker. FIght of the year thus far.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
Did any of you guys watch the prelims.=? There is one fight between Bermudez abd Grice that is absolutely corker. FIght of the year thus far.

Yeah the prelims were what I was talking about....
Half the fights on the main card were boring.

The Prelims made card better.

I watched Bermudez when he was on TUF and always liked the way he went about it, glad he got up.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
tbartiger said:
This lead to a you tube fest, highlights being 2x Anderson Silva MDK of Rich frankiln and his Cage Rage back elbow knockout.

Other than Griffin/Bonner...... the 2 best fights I've seen was UFC 139: Rua/Henderson and UFC 73: Liddell/Wanderlei Silva.
Epic fights.

evo said:

Yeah the prelims were what I was talking about....
Half the fights on the main card were boring.

The Prelims made card better.

I watched Bermudez when he was on TUF and always liked the way he went about it, glad he got up.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Bermudez definitely deserved the win from a scoring perspective but I couldn't help barracking for Grice. His heart was absolutely amazing. Look forward to seeing him again.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Jukes Extended said:
Other than Griffin/Bonner...... the 2 best fights I've seen was UFC 139: Rua/Henderson and UFC 73: Liddell/Wanderlei Silva.
Epic fights.

Agree on Chuck/Wandy, was a cracker. Got into the sport and instantly became a huge Matt Hughes fan. Don't watch much anymore, but with some friends and family getting into it my interest may come back.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Mark Hunt was hilarious the way he knocked him down then just kinda walked away, then thought oops, better finish him off.

I reckon Hunt was nearly completely out of gas. In a way it was lucky he knocked him out when he did.

Anyway, great fight. I love watching him do his thing. I wish he would get in a little bit better shape - he is not far atway from getting a crack at Dos Santos.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Hunt has moved into #9 in the heavyweight rankings now, he'll get a top 5 guy next.
But a lot of those guys are booked already...
JDS v Overeem, Cormier v Mir, Velaquez v Bigfoot, Nelson v Kongo, Antonio Nogueira v Werdum.
Soonest fight is Roy Nelson's next month....if he wins word is he'll fight Mark Hunt....but he's ranked #8 anyway.

If Cormier beats Mir....he'll get the next title shot imo.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Interesting.

I reckon he could beat Kongo and Nelson. Bigfoot would be a harder ask.

Needs to get in better shape. I know Nelson can fight with that much fat but it is a pretty big ask. It has to be a real strain on your cardio. You could tell he was really gassed at the start of the third.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
bit of a fizzer wasn't it. I understand Diaz's frustration with the way GSP fights. It is not exactly exciting for the fan to watxch either - too much smothering. GSP is obviously fantastic at what he does,but for purely selfish entertainment reasons I hope he gets knocked off soon.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
evo said:
bit of a fizzer wasn't it. I understand Diaz's frustration with the way GSP fights. It is not exactly exciting for the fan to watxch either - too much smothering. GSP is obviously fantastic at what he does,but for purely selfish entertainment reasons I hope he gets knocked off soon.

GSP is the most boring champion in the history of the sport.