UFC | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

UFC

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
thanks dude. I guess he has been there from the start pretty much.

Bet he's been to some pretty good parties. Looks like the sorta guy who'd enjoy himself.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Met a fella in Hawaii last week who was a good bloke and while chatting somehow MMA came up. Turned out he had a few fights a couple of years back - Jeff "The Karate Kid" Newton. Youtube his KO v Crilly - very nice.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Anderson Silva just got KTFO by Weidman, who is a gun fighter....if he didn't win today, he'd eventually be the champ.
Silva didn't show him respect, taunting him, having his hands down and got clocked!
But that's what he does every fight...was gonna end him sooner or later.
Biggest surprise was he didn't want a rematch, he's sick and tired of fighting for the belt....he just signed a 10 fight extension though.
Not much Silva can do if he's not fighting for the belt, I think he'll change his mind in a day or 2 once he cools down and want a rematch is my bet.
Silva looked good out there in charge of the fight after he got up from the takedown.
Suppose when you've been champ for 7 years you feel invincible....Silva wins the rematch imo.
He is 38 or something like that....if he doesn't want a belt he should retire.

Great card though, even the prelims we pretty good.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
Good post Jukes, but I disagree slightly. I think he will just go for big money fights now. He doesn't need a belt to headline a show. He can fight a LHW maybe even heavy with enough planning. He is a massive MW. Probably about 210-215 pound when not in camp. Cuts a heap of weight. Plenty of big names he can fight without a belt on the line. GSP for starters. I would pay to see him fight Tito/Chuck/Randy/Wandy/ etc. he is almost past it, they are all past it, but they have a following that sells seats and PPVs. That's the path he will head down, "Special attraction".

Best MMA artist I have seen. Elite stand up, g&p, wrestling and submissions. Complete package, pound for pound the best we have seen IMO

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
It was good to see Silva clocked. He's been doing that disrespecful antics for quite a few fights now. I really liked Silva, but it is nice to see a change. Middleweight division is wide open again.

Now hopefully George St. Pierre will get done as well.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Fair points tbar.
But Tito and Liddell have official retired...so has Couture even if he wanted to fight he's signed a deal with Bellator as a coach in their version of TUF.
Some big fights can still be made you're right but Jon Jones is more likely to happen before a possible GSP fight.
Best MMA fighter I have ever seen is the Spider and will go down as the greatest of all time no doubt,
has the record for best win streak in the UFC with 16 also 10 title defenses is a record as is being the champ for 6 years.
But I reckon the division has been one of the weakest over the time, he's defended a lot against spuds.

Dana White has said their will be a rematch, which could happen on December 28 at UFC 168.
I haven't heard anything from Silva even wanting this...but Dana usually gets his way and will just throw a ton of money at Silva to get to done.

Looking at the salaries for this fight...Weidman got 72k while Silva got 600k.

tbartiger

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2009
Qld
A sad end to the career of Anderson Silva. My favourite fighter since Matt Hughes' glory days. He should have retired after his first fight. For those that haven't seen it, think Nathan Brown. Sickening stuffs.

The two Rich Franklin fights, the Forrest Griffin fight and the Tony Fryklund elbow are my fave memories of The Spider. What are yours?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
tbartiger said:
A sad end to the career of Anderson Silva. My favourite fighter since Matt Hughes' glory days. He should have retired after his first fight. For those that haven't seen it, think Nathan Brown. Sickening stuffs.

The two Rich Franklin fights, the Forrest Griffin fight and the Tony Fryklund elbow are my fave memories of The Spider. What are yours?

Reminded me a bit of Nathan Brown too.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
this dude's a laugh, and a decent fighter

images

PJ in Osaka

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 25, 2012
Osaka Japan
Mcgregor is good, I'm a big fan, but if Chad had a full camp before fighting him, McGregor would have been TKO'd in the first.

Aldo should win at Christmas but it will most likely end up a kickboxing battle.

Connor need to work on his wrestling and grappling. Ground game and take down defense is sorely lacking.

Beautiful striker.

Sage Northcutt is the one to watch. If he can handle the collegiate wrestlers at lightweight he will be an absolute star.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Anyone watch the fight the other night?

I was working but heard the result and watched the replay.

Pretty happy for Holly. Just wished I put some $ on it but didn't. Thought she would win as she is a decent striker and kicker with reach.

Rhonda is a terrific athlete but hadn't met someone like Holly and relies too much one her few techniques. Plus she has a bit of mouth and her theatrics were too over the top for my liking!

Rhonda " the prophecy " foretold how Holly would fight and got knocked out by a head kick. !!!!!

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Yes Harry.

Really impressed with him.

McGreggors got a great future ahead of him. What was it like a 16 second match! His opponent wasn't a mug either.

Watched his deco 2 weeks ago and it was great to see an insight into these fighters. Sure he is cocky a bit, confident, but you have to have a bit of that in the fight game.!