Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

The Graham htb decision was why this thread was started.
Farcical.

To make matters worse they get a "hand of god" bounce resulting in a goal.

Momentum gone

It's not fashionable to complain about umpiring when you lose or even for abusing umpires.
But i'm going to be unfashionable. Umpiring cost us another game.
How many goals ultimately does the umpiring cost us per game? I'll have an educated guess and say 3. They stop us scoring and they help the opposition score. I may even up that to 4.
Apologise if i come across as a sore loser but I've had enough. Cant watch this any more without calling it as it is.
#greenmaggots

Dont Argue said:
It's not fashionable to complain about umpiring when you lose or even for abusing umpires.
But i'm going to be unfashionable. Umpiring cost us another game.
How many goals ultimately does the umpiring cost us per game? I'll have an educated guess and say 3. They stop us scoring and they help the opposition score. I may even up that to 4.
Apologise if i come across as a sore loser but I've had enough. Cant watch this any more without calling it as it is.
#greenmaggots

You're not a sore loser DA. It's an unfortunate fact that we just can't get the rub of the green most times with these flogs.

Holding the ball
when we tackle is a complete disgrace. Many times we tackle so hard, the flogs just stand there watching compared to how easy other teams gain frees when 'barely' tackling us.

They paid holding the man so many times i lost count.
Pity they didnt see lynch, Prestia and butler getting held.
They didnt miss any indiscretion against Sloane....

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Didn't think we were too hard done by. The bias against us has relented somewhat this season. But it's still there.
Still lost 17-11. -6 puts us at -25 for the season I think.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Didn't think we were too hard done by. The bias against us has relented somewhat this season. But it's still there.

Yet we're back to 2nd last for free kick differential this season with only Blues behind us. We've had 34 less frees than our opposition this year, Carlton 37. At the other end of the scale Collingwood have had 52 more and Bulldogs 51.

tigerlove said:
Yet we're back to 2nd last for free kick differential this season with only Blues behind us. We've had 34 less frees than our opposition this year, Carlton 37. At the other end of the scale Collingwood have had 52 more and Bulldogs 51.

Thought they missed a few to Adelaide when we were making a run.

The one howler for me was the Stack HTB which led to an Adelaide goal. Wrapped up as soon as he took possession, which was otherwise a ball-up all night.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

First you support Craig and Gawwy and now this? Think you're trying a bit too hard to be contrary.
Stay on track and stick to what you're best at. Exterminating Gill and his cronies.

Dont Argue said:
First you support Craig and Gawwy and now this? Think you're trying a bit too hard to be contrary.
Stay on track and stick to what you're best at. Exterminating Gill and his cronies.

Overheard a woman today saying she was going to kill Gill. But then again she might’ve said “Bill”.

The Big Richo said:
If I had the time or motivation I think it would be an interesting exercise to do a full analysis on the umpiring last night.

Unfortunately I think you're umpiring victim mentality is so engrained it would be impossible to shift anyway.

It's a shame because I get the sense it is really impacting your capacity to enjoy the game.

No it's not impacting my capacity to enjoy the game, it's just a blur of the game that a majority of AFL supporters can see in unison. You're obviously not one of them.