Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Port people( I use the term very lightly)a sooking about the Hartlett deliberate, how about Shirts one kicked a wet ball over 50 metres , with the skip the closest to the ball, that’s the one that caused the Dixon goal .

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Port people( I use the term very lightly)a sooking about the Hartlett deliberate, how about Shirts one kicked a wet ball over 50 metres , with the skip the closest to the ball, that’s the one that caused the Dixon goal .
Well when the coach ‘ says after a Morris question “ deliberate paid’” , Hinkley replied “you reckon? “ Then back-pedalled and in Dimma’s words ‘ bloody hard game to umpire”.
It was there Kenny. He scooped the ball out on the full to the boundary line. Deliberate.

Reactions: 1 users
Gee that’s the one I thought they’d take on the chin. It’s was deliberate and a throw.

Reactions: 2 users
They weren't terrible, but they had some howlers.
Riewodlt gets hit in the head. Play on
BigV gets hit in the head, play on.
Dipshiit Harlett gets collected by his own teammate and gets a free kick.
Im was rapt they didn't get sucked in by Gray constantly going for the holding the man free kick and the 5 attempts by Roozie, who tried to get a free kick.
It would've been nice if Sevic paid Castagna's mark.

Reactions: 1 user
Only issue with Umps going into the GF is the contrast in which the 2 PFs Adjudicated the deliberate oob rule , not saying one was wrong or right it’s just they were completely opposite, normally there’d be a bit more lienency in the wet , however it was the other way around.

for the sake of our TVs I hope Selwood doesn’t get to many frees for “ lowering his head”

Last edited:
I think the farce ended on Friday night.

they were *smile* on the DOB, but ultra-consistently *smile*.

I vote those 3 for the GF.

an impartial performance on AO is like Black Caviar winning at Ascot

wish we were playing in yellow

The 3 GF umpires will be Ryan Sevic and Findlay.
No chance Deboy or Luigi Calamari get a gig

I think the farce ended on Friday night.

they were *smile* on the DOB, but ultra-consistently *smile*.

I vote those 3 for the GF.

an impartial performance on AO is like Black Caviar winning at Ascot

wish we were playing in yellow
Agree. Thought they were pretty good overall. At least they were consistent. Sat night they were pretty bad.

Reactions: 1 users
So Tigers only 9th most votes in Brownlow, despite finishing 3rd (usually get more votes for more wins). Does that go under umpire farce?

So Tigers only 9th most votes in Brownlow, despite finishing 3rd (usually get more votes for more wins). Does that go under umpire farce?
Yes. Because we have an even team we dont get the votes. But the team we smash get the best player often. Its like an excuse and the gift that has been allowed to keep giving. Who is the best player in the comp. DUSTY by a mile.

Interfered with again by the umpires (11-16) who went out of their way to look after their darlings Danger (3) and Selwood (3) and Ablett who they refused to ping.

Just made this GF win so much sweeter.

Reactions: 4 users