Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
That freaking minblowing dangerous tackle againt grimes just another clear example that umpire 13 nicholas brown is a biased areswipe..

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Good god...late second quater soldo gets a free paid against him for unrealistic attempt to mark ???...wtf ? These twats were making *smile* up tonight......

• Angry
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
And Meredith couldn’t tell that ball was touched from 10 feet away in the last quarter ? Are you serious ? I could tell 100m away !

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I don’t understand the rules of the game anymore. I just don’t.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
That Grimes 'dangerous' tackle was the culmination of great defensive work by the tiges. End result goal to Essendon. That's why more and more people are switching off.

Tarrant goal from 50 half post high also great play. End result Essendon slingshot.

50 against Dusty for not teleporting out of the 20 metre zone, Half a dozen others for who knows what?

• Angry

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Disgraceful umpiring display tonight. Cost us a 10 goal win. Our own forward line butchery and inane decision making cost us an additional 5 goals on top of that but that’s for another thread.

A Richmond player attempted a mark PRE members side. Can’t remember who it was; Tarrant or Soldo? Essendon player spoiled and gave away 3 clear free kicks. High contact, over the shoulder, chopping the arms.

PLAY ON!!!!!!

Last edited:
  • Angry

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I want to see what happened in that stupid, pedantic decision from a flog to make Lynch go on-field and off-field when he went off due to rotations.

Did he miss the border line on the boundary by 1mm??

Reactions: 1 user

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I have to admit I normally don't see the problem with the umpiring as much as the folks on this board appear to (sheer statistics notwithstanding), but even I thought it was a bit dodgy tonight. And it's not just the numbers. It's the ones they don't pay, and it's WHERE they pay the ones they do pay. Also it seems to me there is a very fine line between an arm-chop and a good spoil these days.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
umpiring abysmal. just shocking. some clangers that defied belief. The dangerous tackle against Grimes, the unrealistic attempt against Soldo, the I don't know WTF happened against Lynch to disallow the Tarrant long bomb goal, I've replayed it 5 times and I'm bewildered, he touched the defender with his chest? These rules have to be obvious to be paid or the game is stuffed, none were anywhere near it.

• Angry

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
I want to see what happened in that stupid, pedantic decision from a flog to make Lynch go on-field and off-field when he went off due to rotations.

Did he miss the border line on the boundary by 1mm??
Lynch is sitting down getting ice strapped to his hammy and some 4th umpire peanut says he hadn't crossed the boundary through the interchange gate so he had to get up with a bag of ice hanging off his leg, walk 5cm onto the ground then back off through the interchange. FFS....looked happy about it too

• Wow
  • Angry

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
The game is cactus.
It is not all the Umpires fault but they are a big part of it.
Inconsistent decisions and the more umpires they put on the ground the worse it gets.
AFL HQ are a joke with their knee jerk reaction rule changes.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The 50 against Dusty for only moving immediately when told to get back on the mark. The "dangerous tackle" against Shorty. Who were the umpires - Leigh Sales, Chris Kenny and Phil Coorey?

• Angry

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
umpiring abysmal. just shocking. some clangers that defied belief. The dangerous tackle against Grimes, the unrealistic attempt against Soldo, the I don't know WTF happened against Lynch to disallow the Tarrant long bomb goal, I've replayed it 5 times and I'm bewildered, he touched the defender with his chest? These rules have to be obvious to be paid or the game is stuffed, none were anywhere near it.
And channel 7 just exacerbate the frustration for those at home by not showing replays.

Reactions: 6 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
on Dustys 'point' ... should've been a free kick to him as well prior when the Drugger dropped the ball

Reactions: 7 users