Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
That may be the worst I’ve seen for sheer impact on a margin.
It had the lot. The 2 dangerous tackles that weren’t. The free against lynch for ? When the ball went through half post high. The 50 against dusty.
There was a missed dissent 50 to us in the 1st qtr when Waterman appealed to the ump. Same body language as Lynch last week, different umpire different result.
Every goal review I’ve seen that is trying to work out if it hit the post uses Snicko. Unfortunately it wasn’t available for dustys “goal”?

Reactions: 6 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Oh and Lynch appeared to get shoved in the back when he dribbled the poster but no free kick? Nor replay?

Reactions: 7 users

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I don’t understand why our umpires escape criticism like protected species. Any other sport in the world they are held to account. We are precious.

Reactions: 8 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That free kick against Grimes may be one of the worst decisions of the season and that's saying something.

Reactions: 7 users

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
That first 50 against bolton for what ? Not picking up the ball ??
Anyone who thinks this *smile* is good for footy is a brainless *smile* splatt who knows sweet fa about footy ....no wonder bo one wants to be an
I don’t understand the rules of the game anymore. I just don’t.
Let’s start with this one “whistle - dangerous tackle , against Richmond “ that’s about all you need to know

Reactions: 1 user

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
That first 50 against bolton for what ? Not picking up the ball ??
Anyone who thinks this *smile* is good for footy is a brainless *smile* splatt who knows sweet fa about footy ....no wonder bo one wants to be an ump

The irony of course is that the Essendon player could have picked the ball up but chose to walk backwards. Imagine trying to explain rules like that to someone from overseas or the aliens. They'd be as nonplussed as a eunuch in a harem.

• Haha

Bunnerz

Richmond are cool man
Aug 12, 2003
Geelong
Just got home. Will watch the recording tomorrow but did the tv commentary team make much comment about the umpiring ?

I’m betting not.
No...reckon they have been advised by AFL not to provide negative comments.

I listened to a bit on radio and at least a couple of commentators were saying how poor they were/are

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I know it gets said every year that the umpiring is the worst it’s every been , however I think 2022 has burst into the lead,the main issue continues to be these grey laws , so confusing, so frustrating. Last night was a great example of how frustrated the fans are becoming , their was a clear tension in the crowd as the game went on , long time since I’ve seen so many “ altercations “ in and outside the G . Game needs a major overhaul in its rules , it MUST make roles more clearer , more black an white and get umpires more on the same page, egos like Ray need to be moved on , his type just creates frustration and inconsistently for the umpiring fraternity. Fans are voting with their feet and there’s no doubt nobody new is coming to the game

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
The umps make up their own rules when it comes to us No wonder the crowd gets frustrated at their decisions
AFL don’t like us criticising umps so they’re told to give frees and 50s against us to shut us up

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Balme speaks out about the poor form of umpiring and that same week we get rimmed

Reactions: 1 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
That free kick against Grimes may be one of the worst decisions of the season and that's saying something.
I can't ever recall this bit about going past the horizontal in a tackle ever being a rule in our game.. sure, it was brought into rugby league. .. but I don’t remember this being legislated in the AFL.

It was bad enough at the game and having watched the replay. ... it's even worse!
And the Short one..... jeezus!

jamo

The face of Evil
Apr 23, 2004
melbourne
The AFL don't want another Richmond Era, they like to share it around, there is a clear direction to the umpires to ensure Richmond are penalized for any indiscretion with extreme prejudice, call me a nutbag if you want, I believe they have been trying to stop the Tiger train since 2019, they didn't want Richmond to win in 2020 and they have gone even harder since 2021 with rule changes and extremely one sided umpiring decisions.

Reactions: 4 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Oh and Lynch appeared to get shoved in the back when he dribbled the poster but no free kick? Nor replay?
Said exactly that to my wife when Lynch was we lying face down in the grass after the kick. Why was I not surprised when they showed no replay. I can’t say categorically but it appears Fox more so show replays where 7 don’t?

Tigerhealer

I'm a llama!
Sep 7, 2003
That may be the worst I’ve seen for sheer impact on a margin.
It had the lot. The 2 dangerous tackles that weren’t. The free against lynch for ? When the ball went through half post high. The 50 against dusty.
There was a missed dissent 50 to us in the 1st qtr when Waterman appealed to the ump. Same body language as Lynch last week, different umpire different result.
Every goal review I’ve seen that is trying to work out if it hit the post uses Snicko. Unfortunately it wasn’t available for dustys “goal”?
i hate to admit it but i couldn't watch the game anymore with the bs umpiring. 10 mins into the 3rd quarter i had enough, i started watching the F1 practice
the umpiring is a complete disgrace,
the above was a spot on analysis.
there is no way in hell i will be attending anymore games, i will keep paying my membership and social club membership, but i wont be going anymore

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users