Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Didn't he just run off after a Melbourne player who was going past, not just step off the line reacting to a handball?

I think the feign came first.

But either way, theyve created a subjective *smile* storm

With the *smile* rule patch

Reactions: 1 user
I reckon we’re going to see more tiggy touchwood frees as umpires try and impose themselves and try and justify the introduction of the 4th umpire. Sort of like “oh, theres a free kick. See, if we didn’t have the 4th umpire that free kick would’ve gone unpaid previously “.

Reactions: 1 users
They need to simplify the game FFS. A billion rules adjudicated by 4 different people. What could go wrong?
And if anything does go wrong they’d just introduce another umpire. Last year they were complaining how hard it was the get umpires, and somehow they’ve found extras.

I reckon we’re going to see more tiggy touchwood frees as umpires try and impose themselves and try and justify the introduction of the 4th umpire. Sort of like “oh, theres a free kick. See, if we didn’t have the 4th umpire that free kick would’ve gone unpaid previously “.

Fine, but they have to actually give them to players in every team, that includes Jack and Tom.

Consistency with 4 umpires? Yeah right, individual umpires can't be consistent, it will be the usual mess.

DS

Reactions: 5 users
Fine, but they have to actually give them to players in every team, that includes Jack and Tom.

Consistency with 4 umpires? Yeah right, individual umpires can't be consistent, it will be the usual mess.

DS
I sit at the punt rd end and Jack has defenders hanging off him and nothing yet flopper brown waves his hands in the air and gets paid everytime. When are the umps going to crack down on the floppers in front of goal

Reactions: 4 users
I sit at the punt rd end and Jack has defenders hanging off him and nothing yet flopper brown waves his hands in the air and gets paid everytime. When are the umps going to crack down on the floppers in front of goal

Never would be my guess, some players seem to be treated better than others.

DS

That ball is going to land on Prestia’s head. He ran under it to mark it. Free kick Hunter who did not even touch the ball
And if you actually take it back a couple frames, Prestia has the ball slightly in front of him in the air, is preparing to jump and mark it, then Hunter tries to push him under the ball which is what you’re seeing in this particular frame.

Whatever, Prestia was simply standing under the flight of the ball, holding ground and preparing to mark - ie standard football action - and Nicholls has the temerity to call blocking. Ffs…..

In some ways we were lucky it was Prestia that Nicholls did this to because almost any other player would have lost their nut and received 50 as well. Prestia simply held his hands out, shaking his head in disbelief which in itself probably could have got 50 anyway given the outlook Nicholls was operating with.

That was the start of a bunch of frees Nicholls paid to Melbourne in the first quarter.

Reactions: 4 users
And if anything does go wrong they’d just introduce another umpire. Last year they were complaining how hard it was the get umpires, and somehow they’ve found extras.
Nah. They’ll just bring in another rule to “fix” up the previous rule they brought in to “fix” a problem that didn’t exist before the rule to “fix” the problem got brought in
I think that’s how the brains trust at afl headquarters work

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Nah. They’ll just bring in another rule to “fix” up the previous rule they brought in to “fix” a problem that didn’t exist before the rule to “fix” the problem got brought in
I think that’s how the brains trust at afl headquarters work
For the record the frees were 23 to 17. Tigers 17.
And we had four 50 metre penalties to boot.
The simple answer to the stand rule is to get rid of it altogether, but that won't happen under the current administration.
It was only introduced by Shocking to enable the Pussies to win a flag.

And if you actually take it back a couple frames, Prestia has the ball slightly in front of him in the air, is preparing to jump and mark it, then Hunter tries to push him under the ball which is what you’re seeing in this particular frame.

Whatever, Prestia was simply standing under the flight of the ball, holding ground and preparing to mark - ie standard football action - and Nicholls has the temerity to call blocking. Ffs…..

In some ways we were lucky it was Prestia that Nicholls did this to because almost any other player would have lost their nut and received 50 as well. Prestia simply held his hands out, shaking his head in disbelief which in itself probably could have got 50 anyway given the outlook Nicholls was operating with.

That was the start of a bunch of frees Nicholls paid to Melbourne in the first quarter.
No, the umpire was right. Clearly you, and many on here, do not understand the rules. TBR will come along to explain why it was a free shortly.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users