Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

This thread not disappointing to start the season. :ROFLMAO:

Interested to watch the 4 umpire system live on Friday. It certainly improves the ground coverage and ability to get adjacent to the contest, especially deep forward and on fast transitions.

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing's changed in 2023 except for an extra flog to confuse everything and everyone.

• Haha
Some absolutely baffling decisions yesterday. The umps set the time with the supposed blocking free against prestia that got Hunter a free after an unrealistic attempt at the mark. Dion was like WTF?

4 umps is going to make no difference to bad decisions.

Reactions: 6 users
Some absolutely baffling decisions yesterday. The umps set the time with the supposed blocking free against prestia that got Hunter a free after an unrealistic attempt at the mark. Dion was like WTF?

This blocking guesswork is my biggest worry. They guess - players are entitled to stop and hold their ground. If they are their first at that position, that’s their good luck.
A block is a move into a player’s current path to obstruct him.
How many times we have a man in front mark it, our man behind him holds his ground and is effectively a screen - and the opponent runs into the back of our second bloke and they call it a block.
It does my head in - it is the advantage of having a 2 v 1.

Reactions: 3 users

I thought that one was going to go to Prestia for an unrealistic attempt by Hunter. Dion seemed to think the same thing judging by his reaction.

Reactions: 1 users
Hows the Kmac 50?

Movement on mark to feigned handball 'not subtle'

So the umps ajudicating the rule change to fix the rule change,

Have to make another subjective call.

Subtlety.

Cant wait to hear 50,000 at the G screaming

'NOT SUBTLE!!!!'

:vomit

Reactions: 5 users
Hows the Kmac 50?

Subtlety.

'NOT SUBTLE!!!!'

A simple play on call is all that was needed tbh.

That one really confused me because they often call us to play on if we look in another direction. I thought technically the feigned hand pass happened before KMac ran of his mark, if it was the other way around then 50 for sure.

A simple play on call is all that was needed tbh.

That one really confused me because they often call us to play on if we look in another direction. I thought technically the feigned hand pass happened before KMac ran of his mark, if it was the other way around then 50 for sure.
The logical fix,

Is *smile* off the Stand rule.

cats won their flag.

Reactions: 5 users
I thought that one was going to go to Prestia for an unrealistic attempt by Hunter. Dion seemed to think the same thing judging by his reaction.
That was just an absolutely absurd decision and typifies the pre meditated outlook they have.

Hows the Kmac 50?

Subtlety.

'NOT SUBTLE!!!!'

Yeh, the old bring in another rule to deal with the unintended consequences of a bad rule.

• Sad
The logical fix,

Is *smile* off the Stand rule.

cats won their flag.
I cannot recall a rule that has debilitated one side more than this one. We haven't adapted.