VFL Rd13 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd13

Was there today and what a great performance!

Silvestro can play he's a ripper.
Graham is a bull and was racking them up prior to injury. Looks like he will be a very very good player.
Bolton is a jet say no more, can't believe they don't have him in instead of George.
Townsend is an animal and tackles to hurt. Great game and probably BOG
Griffiths looked like a champion out there his kicking whether long or short passing was a treat today. Big piece of the puzzle that has been missing.
Elton had a good game he kicked well and marked well.
Lennon was very good and looked classy.
Stengle was good but not Bolton good.
Oleg was good and ran all day and set up play.
Batch has been in very good form and is playing like a general.
Menadue was solid
Ellis was solid
Maric played well and dominated the ruck
That Callum Moore is a unit and very athletic I reckon he has a future.
Chol was solid down back.
Hunt was not very good at all he cost us a couple of goals - papers stamped

Dimma was there and must have liked what he saw especially from graham and Bolton.

I have seen nearly all vfl games this year and they are better to watch than the seniors. Get along they are a big flag chance this year.

Happy to try to answer any questions.

Did the boys play Out of their skins or were they just up against a bunch of witches hats?

GEDS1 said:
Was there today and what a great performance!

Silvestro can play he's a ripper.
Graham is a bull and was racking them up prior to injury. Looks like he will be a very very good player.
Bolton is a jet say no more, can't believe they don't have him in instead of George.
Townsend is an animal and tackles to hurt. Great game and probably BOG
Griffiths looked like a champion out there his kicking whether long or short passing was a treat today. Big piece of the puzzle that has been missing.
Elton had a good game he kicked well and marked well.
Lennon was very good and looked classy.
Stengle was good but not Bolton good.
Oleg was good and ran all day and set up play.
Batch has been in very good form and is playing like a general.
Menadue was solid
Ellis was solid
Maric played well and dominated the ruck
That Callum Moore is a unit and very athletic I reckon he has a future.
Chol was solid down back.
Hunt was not very good at all he cost us a couple of goals - papers stamped

Dimma was there and must have liked what he saw especially from graham and Bolton.

I have seen nearly all vfl games this year and they are better to watch than the seniors. Get along they are a big flag chance this year.

Happy to try to answer any questions.
Thanks for the detailed report GEDS , interesting how the 4 kids drafted last year have all been well talked up at VFL level, recruiting may have turned the corner.

Baloo said:
Did the boys play Out of their skins or were they just up against a bunch of witches hats?
Baloo they played really well hard and skilled with good structure, talls and smalls they obliterated north melb

GEDS1 said:
Baloo they played really well hard and skilled with good structure, talls and smalls they obliterated north melb

Cheers, so a bit like how St Kilda rolled us in the seniors last week. Good stuff.

tha8ball said:
Bolton shouldn't see the vfl again this year. Need to develop him in the seniors as quick as possible. Serious talent.
Bolton should not be in the VFL ever, has more "X" in his little finger than the whole side put together. 5 goals and a couple of pressure acts resulting in goals. One bit of play, (oh my god!!), make that a two piece play starting at half forward with a couple pirouettes bamboozling 2 defenders then delivering to forward pocket where he himself followed up to gather the crumbs another side step and just to top it all off with an outrageous snap goal from the boundary. Sorry people you had to be there.

Griff played a half, put his head over the ball in the 1st contest with a Werribee player approaching front on. A couple of nice lead ups, flying leaps at the ball and 2 goals. All you could expect from 1st game back.

Graham was looking great, 20 possession before half time until unfortunately he was carried/supported off by 2 trainers with an ankle/foot injury iced up and on crutches at end of game. Others stated he did not look too concerned but this could just as easily been a look of resignation as has been his injury curse over the last couple of years. Remember it was a foot/ankle injury that had him sidelined for the 1st 10 weeks of season.

Leggo did some nice things without dominating.

Moore backed up his good form from last week. With the draft being shallow this year I would have no hesitation in upgrading him to main list at the expense of one of the delistings.

Chol, probably close to his best game down back. Much more involved and not so much spectating, still a bit suss 1 on 1 but was good.

I wouldn't have put Hunt and Ballard in my best regardless of stats.

Towner solid again.

Stengle better in 1st half than 2nd.

Lenno 4 goals but wouldn't say he was great.

Cellis very solid and immaculate by hand and foot. Were standing with a couple of mates and were faced with an unresolved discussion of "where is his spot?", given his lack pace and explosive separation. happy for someone to provide the answer.

**PS Take everything in context after-all we did win by 100 points so pretty hard for a player to have been poor.

tha8ball said:
Bolton shouldn't see the vfl again this year. Need to develop him in the seniors as quick as possible. Serious talent.
I would play Lennon as well. He is close to leading the vfl goal kicking and has missed 4-5 games.

Just on Graham:RFC website has this "whose suspected sprained ankle" so may not be as bad as feared?

CC TIGER said:
How was Chol, Ellis and Markov mate ?

Like caesar said Chol played well. Looks far more comfortable in the back half when the ball is coming to him.
Very good when he has a running leap at the ball and pulled down some fine marks.
Still battles when asked to wrestle his opponent when under the ball, although at least broke even in that area today.
He's an excellent field kick. Has tools just not sure if the desire is there. 50/50 to make it yet..

Corey Ellis was good. Excellent link player and good delivery by foot as usual. At times he's very Pendlebury-like in the way he moves.
So we know everything Corey does is top shelf but I asked the question of the lads today is where does he play in the ones?
He's not quick and he looks great at this level but he has a lot less time to ply his wares at AFL level.
It would be a real tragedy if he doesn't make the transition to senior footy..tricky one.

Personally I thought Oleg was excellent today. Had some real dash through the middle of the ground from HB and finished the day with 29 touches.
Think it's a shame he was dropped for Taylor Hunt.

Cal Moore is the one to watch Chucky Cheese.
Lightning quick and really starting to pluck his marks. He's an excellent athlete.
Kicking has come on a long way.
Rucked plenty today too..

Thanks for the reports, GEDs and Caesar.
It's a really good sign when your 'reserves' become a strong team. The VFL investment should really pay off with depth. Great to see Griff back and getting through safely, plus one of my favs, Cal Moore, continuing to step up. Want to see him brought in to play wing in the firsts. Bolton looks to be a gun, but needs more support around him. These skilful little guys need some big bodies to make a path for them, unlike in pathetic Saints game.

Anyway, big VFL home match next week against Pies. Making finals is going to be excellent.

PS - Corey Ellis - back pocket to mop up and bring the ball out?

Tigers of Old said:
Like caesar said Chol played well. Looks far more comfortable in the back half when the ball is coming to him.
Very good when he has a running leap at the ball and pulled down some fine marks.
Still battles when asked to wrestle his opponent when under the ball, although at least broke even in that area today.
He's an excellent field kick. Has tools just not sure if the desire is there. 50/50 to make it yet..

Corey Ellis was good. Excellent link player and good delivery by foot as usual. At times he's very Pendlebury-like in the way he moves.
So we know everything Corey does is top shelf but I asked the question of the lads today is where does he play in the ones?
He's not quick and he looks great at this level but he has a lot less time to ply his wares at AFL level.
It would be a real tragedy if he doesn't make the transition to senior footy..tricky one.

Personally I thought Oleg was excellent today. Had some real dash through the middle of the ground from HB and finished the day with 29 touches.
Think it's a shame he was dropped for Taylor Hunt.

Cal Moore is the one to watch Chucky Cheese.
Lightning quick and really starting to pluck his marks. He's an excellent athlete.
Kicking has come on a long way.
Rucked plenty today too..
Thanks ToO, yep Moore pleasantly surprised me last week , huge leap and bloody quick

tiger_25 said:
Did Lloyd play today?
Or is he our held over emergency?
I reckon to be a valid AFL footballer C.Ellis needs more power in his game. More strength, more ability to power away from a contest. Difficult, but far from impossible to change himself physically enough to achieve this. Would take a dedicated effort from him and maybe some lateral thinking and support from the physical development team at the club. Plenty of examples of players that have taken this road to change the course of their career.

CC TIGER said:
How was Chol, Ellis and Markov mate ?

Markov was good plenty of run and took the game on Chol solid Ellis was in the best in the write up but didn't notice him like Townsend Hunt and Graham.

Baloo said:

Werribee are a good side with plenty of North players in the group but were just dominated from the first minutes our VFL side looks very solid good group of players Ballard the ex Brisbane guy at full back goes well also. Quite a few out from our side depth is their.