VFL Rd13 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Rd13

caesar said:
Cellis very solid and immaculate by hand and foot. Were standing with a couple of mates and were faced with an unresolved discussion of "where is his spot?", given his lack pace and explosive separation. happy for someone to provide the answer.

Always thought the role Grigg plays is suited for Corey, first receiver out of the contest. Sure he isn't quick, but if we can give him the ball in space his field kicking then comes into play.

A huge positive today was griff he was playing very well and was getting better as the game went on. I was over the moon with his crisp kicking. Add to that the prospect of graham who was in everything and was classy and tough got the ball going our way when in congestion

zippadeee said:
Should remain in the top 4. We play the current bottom 4 and sandingham

I think I had already posted earlier here, Zips, we play the Filth VFL next Sunday at PRO prior to our HG against GWS. It's also interesting that we have cruised up the ladder as the BH Hawks, coached by Newie, are slowly dropping after being undefeated for much of the first half of the season.

Inspector said:
Werribee are a good side with plenty of North players in the group but were just dominated from the first minutes our VFL side looks very solid good group of players Ballard the ex Brisbane guy at full back goes well also. Quite a few out from our side depth is their.

You have confused Beazley with Ballard. Beazley is the ex Brisbane guy at full back going well; I agree; he's looking alright and has the size and the kicking ability, decision-making. Good tall defenders are hard to find.

Ballard is the midfield bull, former Warrandyte boy who Freo drafted late, probably as a rookie. Played very well for his WAFL side (Peel?) but Woossy only gave him one AFL game.

leon said:
You have confused Beazley with Ballard. Beazley is the ex Brisbane guy at full back going well; I agree; he's looking alright and has the size and the kicking ability, decision-making. Good tall defenders are hard to find.

Ballard is the midfield bull, former Warrandyte boy who Freo drafted late, probably as a rookie. Played very well for his WAFL side (Peel?) but Woossy only gave him one AFL game.

Inspector missed a comma, he meant Ballard AND the ex brisbane blah blah blah

taztiger4 said:
Inspector missed a comma, he meant Ballard AND the ex brisbane blah blah blah

Right.

You watch most VFL games it seems, Taz. Do you think Cal Moore is ready for another go at AFL level yet? I'd love to see him come in for, perhaps, Castagna. I do like Georgie and rate his attack on the ball, but Cal is a really athletic package: size, speed, great leap and apparently kicking is on the improve. Surely he is not a worse kick for goal than George who is costing as many, or more, goals as he kicks.

Ideally I would like to see Cal introduced on the wing to give us more bite from the contests in the middle and a stronger marking/running target. Even in for Sheds?

Its just great that so many people give us a write up on how the VFL team is going for those who cannot get to the ground. It appears that we have some great coaching at VFL level by the way so manykids are making big strides in their game.

leon said:
Right.

You watch most VFL games it seems, Taz. Do you think Cal Moore is ready for another go at AFL level yet? I'd love to see him come in for, perhaps, Castagna. I do like Georgie and rate his attack on the ball, but Cal is a really athletic package: size, speed, great leap and apparently kicking is on the improve. Surely he is not a worse kick for goal than George who is costing as many, or more, goals as he kicks.

Ideally I would like to see Cal introduced on the wing to give us more bite from the contests in the middle and a stronger marking/running target. Even in for Sheds?

yes Leon, watch them all except when there is a clash with seniors

Cal has been very good since his return from a serious leg injury, his marking & athletic abilities are his strengths, kicking his weakness, in saying that his kicking appears to have improved significantly recently

Yes, that's how I am seeing his progress. Am hoping to get there to watch at next PRO game.

leon said:
Yes, that's how I am seeing his progress. Am hoping to get there to watch at next PRO game.
You won't have to wait long Leon, next PRO game is the curtain raiser this Sunday 10.20am against Pies :clap