VFL Round 19 V Northern Blues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VFL Round 19 V Northern Blues

Balta turns a 50/50 ground ball in D50 into three bounces and a long kick to Markov on attacking 50. Along with a strong intercept mark earlier, the Rance traits are strong in this one.

Aarts gets his second (Towner 1): 3.2 to 0.2

Egg off with a leg injury.
The Balt just bolted!!

Strong mark in front of the pack and goal from 45 for Towner (6 touches, 2 goals). 5.2 to 0.2

Best I've seen from Miller. The big ground seems to suit his pace. Balta looking great down back.

Big Fish kicks a point but nice kick. You can tell by the way he moves he's a 1sts player.

The G looking a bit heavy.

Balta turns a 50/50 ground ball in D50 into three bounces and a long kick to Markov on attacking 50. Along with a strong intercept mark earlier, the Rance traits are strong in this one.

Like a super fast Rance.

Quarter time 7.3.45 to 1.2.8
Goals: Aarts 2, Townsend 2, Miller, Ballard, Menadue
Disposals: Towner 10, Menadue 9, Aarts 7, Balta 6, Ballard 5, Coffield 5, Turner 5, Butler 4, RCD 4, English 4, Garth 4, Markov 4, Miller 4, Naish 4, Pickett 3, CJ 3

Towner, Menadue, Balta killing it. Balta really starting to look like a key defender, good partnership with Garth.

Reactions: 3 users
It gives you an idea of the gap from VFL to AFL when Towner, Mensa, Markov, Miller, Aarts etc look like good yet the ones who get promoted often don't make the grade. Yet then there are some that benefit from the better teammates around them and go ok.

I would much rather we play Balta instead of Chol. Is it because he is learning a new role and we may need him to play back in the finals ?

Good reporting from thse at the G
As I'm in Vietnam it's great to be kept up-to-date with scores and the players who are performing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I don’t see much vfl these days, but each time I do I am underwhelmed by Naish. Disposal under heat I quite poor. Unpopular opinion I know.