VIC Lockdown Alternative Venues | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

VIC Lockdown Alternative Venues

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
As much as it would be great for Richmond to play Gold Coast in Melbourne, it does compromise the draw for teams fighting for finals places (although we did have to relocate our own home game against Adelaide). GWS v Hawthorn last week… GWS would surely have won if it was played at Giants Stadium. Freo v Carlton likely to be in Melbourne as well, which is not fair.
The argument will be that Richmond were away for 103 days in hubs & won the flag in 2020 so suck it up princesses.
However a second season of chaos & disruption will see the clubs tiring of this covid circus.
It will be having an impact well beyond football abilities on integrity of the competition.

Reactions: 2 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Friday night in Melbourne at Marvel being reported.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The argument will be that Richmond were away for 103 days in hubs & won the flag in 2020 so suck it up princesses.
However a second season of chaos & disruption will see the clubs tiring of this covid circus.
It will be having an impact well beyond football abilities on integrity of the competition.
Anyone can get AZ now. Players and staff can be vaccinated and reduce their risk of getting it and passing it on. Some clarity on whether fully vaccinated people are exempt from restrictions (2022 season with AZ shots) will determine whether this is the last season upended by COVID.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
GOLD Coast's clash with Richmond will be played at Marvel Stadium on Thursday night, while Launceston and Geelong both remain options for Fremantle's relocated clash with Carlton on Saturday.

Wonder how the ticketing will work?
Still 25% capacity - meaning approx 13,000
Based on last weekend - home at the 'G and only 14,000 - this is notionally an away game at Docklands so everything leans toward a very small crowd.
Might pay for them to let RFC members into the game as if it was a "home" game
Not sure I'd bother paying ordinary ticket prices - but if's included in our membership I'd probably go.

Reactions: 1 users

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Based on last weekend - home at the 'G and only 14,000 - this is notionally an away game at Docklands so everything leans toward a very small crowd.
Not sure I'd bother paying ordinary ticket prices - but if's included in our membership I'd probably go.
This is what I'm waiting for.
The emails from the club would hopefully come tomorrow morning

Feb 25, 2007

This should be a replacement game for the home game we lost against the CROWS

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
wasnt this round supposed to be 85% ?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

the rule is 50% capacity to a max of 25,000. so the capacity tomorrow night is 25,000.

as for ticketing, I'll be very disappointed if I have to pay anything. the RFC should use this game to compensate Richmond members for losing the Adelaide home game. I’m sure they can work out a deal with the Suns so they make some money out of it on top.

Another option is to just open up the stadium to everyone for $10 per seat on a first in best dressed basis… just to make sure there are bums on seats.