Vic State Election 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Vic State Election 22

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Nah, it's not close enough to be a credible claim, even for Murdoch standards. They're certainly licking their wounds and feeling sorry for themselves though.
Not that I’d read it, but wait for Credlin and Bolt’s bitching and whining about Labor and the future rather than propose why it was that people didn’t vote Dan out ie his strengths ….or ….even highlight why their defective, out of date party’s utter failures caused another disaster. They’ll just *smile* about Labor.

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
On that front, it’s pretty clear that Australians completely see through the rabid right wing media outlets of Murdoch and co, and that it’s now to the LNP’s complete detriment that they continue with their extreme anti left bias.

I think the majority of Australians have had a gutful of those media outlets and subsequently, there’s many who take it out on the right as a result.
1669456147965.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Rita and Bolt and co will come out and say the Libs need to move further to the right.

The anti lockdown stuff doesn't help either, not sure they've realised we've moved on.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
They are saying Libs might lose some seats. Extraordinary really for a third term opposition party.

• Haha
  • Wow

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Antony Green has called it for the ALP
Another bloke on the ABC reckons Libs are set to end up with less seats than last time
ALP have lost a couple to the Greens and a couple to the Libs, but picked up three for themselves.
Greens done well - maybe thanks to Liberal preferences!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
They are saying Libs might lose some seats. Extraordinary really for a third term opposition party.

Yeah, primary vote is down, its amazing that they are going backwards even with the anti Dan stuff.

• Wow

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Rita and Bolt and co will come out and say the Libs need to move further to the right.

The anti lockdown stuff doesn't help either, not sure they've realised we've moved on.
They probably will. And that will only serve to further alienate them from the majority and continue the spiral, the possibility being that they become defunct - if they aren’t already in some sense.

Kroger probably has a half reasonable perspective on conservative matters (problems).

• Wow

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
4 more years of his Lordship.

Where are you Bengal? Where are you Big Tiger?

Please kneel at the Altar of Andrews.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Amazing result. Vote against Murdoch, Liberal values and extreme right wing.

Libs need to bring in fresh faces that are centre right.

Andrews goes down as one of the iconic premiers.

• Wow

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigerland's gone green now. Our sash might be forced to change green in years to come....

Looks like nib already knew.

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Tigerland's gone green now. Our sash might be forced to change green in years to come....

Looks like nib already knew.
I was up in Fitzroy today. Heh heh heh…now THATS Green territory. If you don’t have a beard and tattoos and get around on a bike, and drink craft beer, you’re not in tune up there !

• Haha

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
What a disgrace Sky are for having that despot loser Tim Smith on their coverage.

He just called the greens anti semetic, vermin, grubs, a blight. The guy’s eyes roll around in his head as he tries to piece together one puffy, big mouth, stupid comment after another.

I'm sorry Redford, but, why the f*ck would you watch Sky? Why do you even fund the Murdoch empire?

Some really interesting results, although we do need to take into account low vote counts so far, but the Libs having more than 10% loss in primary votes in the Eastern suburbs, the ALP seeing the same more than 10% losses in primary vote in the west and inner North.

Nats doing well, getting a few seats, looks like a couple of them off independents.

Greens doing well, larger primary vote up about 3%, but the reality is that the seats they are winning, they are winning on Liberal preferences. The Libs would be pretty pissed off that they are now a conduit for preferences in those seats as opposed to actually competing for the seats. The Greens have done well, no doubt about it, but they will not hold a fair number of those seats if the Libs preference the ALP instead of the Greens.

The HUN clearly has little or no influence which is great, bunch of right wing nut jobs, almost as bad as Sky.

I live in the electorate of Caulfield, are we getting a Labor member? If so, the Libs are well and truly f*cked. If they can't win Caulfield they are deep in the sh!t. Fair way to go but it looks like the Libs are in trouble in Caulfield. At the start of this year I live in safe Liberal electorates both federally and in the state parliament, now I have an independent federal member and we'll see how we go in the state, but it may well go Labor.

The primary vote of the ALP, Libs and Nats together looks like it will drop below 70% from around 80% at the last election. This is looking like a long term change, and in this state election, that's without the large number of votes going to a much bigger Teal campaign in the Federal election.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I was up in Fitzroy today. Heh heh heh…now THATS Green territory. If you don’t have a beard and tattoos and get around on a bike, and drink craft beer, you’re not in tune up there !
Yep. Hipster Green. I drive past everytime I go to work.