Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Not really that strange.
We found a guy called Tyler Young.
Instantly made Biggy redundant.
Good use of late picks / rookie draft: have a few cheap shies at the stumps, hope one hits the target.
In Tyler it has, big time.
So bye bye Biggy.
not really the point I was making 17, but fair enough...
and pick 65 is still peanuts..

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Good luck to the guy and hope he makes it at the Roos as he was only treading water way down the list at Richmond. Still have my doubts about him though

Reactions: 1 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
200%.

Poor list management decision that one!

Who knows. He may have just wanted a fresh start and Saints came knocking.

I don’t know if we tried hard enough to keep him????
His uncle played a few games with the Saints so maybe that helped a bit in decision making but from what I know his preference was to stay a tiger

• Sad

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Norf overpaid for Biggy, Tigers ripped em off.

Tigers got Broady with pick 67, and Norf paid 65 for Nyuon.

Kangas just got owned .................................

• Haha

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Biggy was pick 54 in 2019, we delisted him in Oct 2021 then rookied him in Nov 2021

Pick 65 is fair value

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Biggy was pick 54 in 2019, we delisted him in Oct 2021 then rookied him in Nov 2021

Pick 65 is fair value
I'm shocked pick 65. That's unreal.
A pick beyond 40 its when our blokes let there hair down and draft quality.
I'm spewing Nth didn't offer us a Rookie pick..
That's where our blokes find premiership stars.

• Wow

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
I'm shocked pick 65. That's unreal.
A pick beyond 40 its when our blokes let there hair down and draft quality.
I'm spewing Nth didn't offer us a Rookie pick..
That's where our blokes find premiership stars.
Grateful we got a pick which we usually turn to gold.

Agree LZ!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Pick 65 is fair value
It was AFL lovechild, Norf, who are left with only Corr as their No. 1 KPD. So they were desperate. And they're just loaded with draft picks from AFL dotage, one way or another.
So should have demanded and got more; at least equal to pick 54 IMO. Maybe kept him on a base 1 year renewed contract as depth too to use as greater bargaining chip. Have to remember, Young promising yes, but Balta may still be switched forward, Miller same and chop-out ruck, Grimes is declining. But, happy to trade him out for a decent/better offer. Have to remember, kept him on our list for years putting development into him. Says little good about us that then we only value him as pick 65 after all that.

Norf would have happily delivered this given their dire lack of KPDs. Why do them any favours!? Getting a ton from Uncle Gil.
We have become a soft touch AFL club these days.

Last edited:

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
It was AFL lovechild, Norf, who are left with only Corr as their No. 1 KPD. So they were desperate. And they're just loaded with draft picks from AFL dotage, one way or another.
So should have demanded and got more; at least equal to pick 54 IMO. Maybe kept him on a base 1 year renewed contract as depth too to use as greater bargaining chip. Have to remember, Young promising yes, but Balta may still be switched forward, Miller same and chop-out ruck, Grimes is declining. But, happy to trade him out for a decent/better offer. Have to remember, kept him on our list for years putting development into him. Says little good about us that then we only value him as pick 65 after all that.

Norf would have happily delivered this given their dire lack of KPDs. Why do them any favours!? Getting a ton from Uncle Gil.
We have become a soft touch AFL club these days.
Nah, we got a pick for a player we would probably delist, or North could take in the PSD.. thats a win.
as for the rest, i reckon every club in the league would have kept a few athletic talls for a few years in the hope it clicks, and then delisted them when they dont. what would we have done after we kept for another year and he still couldnt get a game? demand a higher pick cos he has been on our list longer?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Guess Biggie gets to renew acquaintances with Cujo playing magoos for #Lolnorf.

• Haha

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Nah, we got a pick for a player we would probably delist, or North could take in the PSD.. thats a win.
as for the rest, i reckon every club in the league would have kept a few athletic talls for a few years in the hope it clicks, and then delisted them when they dont. what would we have done after we kept for another year and he still couldnt get a game? demand a higher pick cos he has been on our list longer?
I tend to turn into something between Dodoro and Mackie when it comes to rating and valuing RFC players ... because most of the AFL world seems to chronically under-rate them.
You may be right but I didn't think Biggie was without hope myself. His delist is possibly about freeing up salary for additions/extensions and because we might appear to have enough options in tall backs with Young progressing plus Miller. It still sees like getting next-to-nothing back on our 2/3 year investment in $$, coaching and developing, experience.
So I hope Norf don't turn him into a player ... let's see. Happy to get Kosi though - worth a try.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It still sees like getting next-to-nothing back on our 2/3 year investment in $$, coaching and developing, experience.

Don’t buy into the sunk cost phallacy. Rare to see a leopard change its spots. (Biggy)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
first game for Norf this round
Just noticed X announce it. He's also moved to lolnorf. It's all exciting how we also see players get announced for debut but becomes a bit embarrassing for him and his family when it doesn't last long especially for just 1 game only.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
but becomes a bit embarrassing for him and his family when it doesn't last long especially for just 1 game only.
Look on the bright side, he will have equalled his games tally at Richmond in 4 years, where it's only taken him 4 rounds at Norf

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
North went and got 2 B grade KPD in Toby Pink and Biggie. Pink has already been chewed up and spat out, now it’s Biggies turn. Tough gig being a defender at North.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Biggie had a few lapses in the third quarter. Three big turnovers and one poor spoil.

He worked hard overall and several times spoiled the ball into the stands. That's where you're supposed to spoil it. His ball use was good. I think he bungled when he got tired.

Thursfield has taken him over to Norfs. Maybe he recruited him to RFC.

I like Biggie. Hopefully he can go on with it.

Reactions: 4 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Biggie had a few lapses in the third quarter. Three big turnovers and one poor spoil.

He worked hard overall and several times spoiled the ball into the stands. That's where you're supposed to spoil it. His ball use was good. I think he bungled when he got tired.

Thursfield has taken him over to Norfs. Maybe he recruited him to RFC.

I like Biggie. Hopefully he can go on with it.
Richo was a big wrap for him the preseason before covid. Has the tools.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Richo was a big wrap for him the preseason before covid. Has the tools.
Probably the best footy he played with our VFL side was when he had to play in the ruck where he used his natural spring really well. Personally I reckon Mutaz has shown more as a key defender in the VFL than Biggie ever did