Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Agree you definitely either have it or you don't. You either have a will to win at anything or you are more relaxed around winning. That relaxed demeanour around professional sport just doesn't take you far.

I've always been ultra competitive

You must be terribly conflicted then Posh.

I mean, on the one hand being ultra competitive but on the other being a Peterborough supporter…

:banana

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
Consistency was always a problem for him except for 2017 when his tackle numbers were consistently high. His first 2 years, 2015 - 16, were spent in the VFL but he had shoulder issues and form issues back then. I recall he had a syndesmosis foot injury July 6, 2018. He was treated conservatively without surgery but it just linguered on for months until he finally had surgery mid-August which did not give him enough time to get fit to be picked for finals. Lambert had a similar injury in August but Richmond put him in for surgery much sooner so Butts would have been pissed about that. 2019 he was in and out of the AFL spending most of it in VFL even though he had some 3-goal hauls. Perhaps his foot injury robbed him of some pace in 2019? I agree that he could have been given another year but it's a cut-throat business and list management mistakes are sometimes made...perhaps this was one of them.
Agree with a lot of that.

As others have pointed out, alternatives for the small forward role existed.

It was the junk pick received from St Kilda that upset me. Butler offered much more draft capital than this suggested. That much is now obvious.

I'm not sure if it was hubris or recklessness on the part of our list management, but they never extracted anything like decent value for Butler. These decisions have a habit of biting you on the arse.

Faced with pick 57 or re-signing a premiership player with proven class, you do the latter every day of the week.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Agree with a lot of that.

As others have pointed out, alternatives for the small forward role existed.

It was the junk pick received from St Kilda that upset me. Butler offered much more draft capital than this suggested. That much is now obvious.

I'm not sure if it was hubris or recklessness on the part of our list management, but they never extracted anything like decent value for Butler. These decisions have a habit of biting you on the arse.

Faced with pick 57 or re-signing a premiership player with proven class, you do the latter every day of the week.
200%.

Poor list management decision that one!

Who knows. He may have just wanted a fresh start and Saints came knocking.

I don’t know if we tried hard enough to keep him????

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Stupid enough from us (Dimma?) to make this guy play just 1 game!! At least try him out in more to see what value he has. I wonder why lolnorf were interested, unless Clarko's gone bonkers with Xmas shopping.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Stupid enough from us (Dimma?) to make this guy play just 1 game!! At least try him out in more to see what value he has. I wonder why lolnorf were interested, unless Clarko's gone bonkers with Xmas shopping.
yeah it's a strange one.
RFC put time,energy and money into a guy - plays one game, one! and trade him for pick 65...

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
yeah it's a strange one.
RFC put time,energy and money into a guy - plays one game, one! and trade him for pick 65...
Not really that strange.
We found a guy called Tyler Young.
Instantly made Biggy redundant.
Good use of late picks / rookie draft: have a few cheap shies at the stumps, hope one hits the target.
In Tyler it has, big time.
So bye bye Biggy.

Reactions: 6 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
They have soo many picks, they have started to *smile* some away.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
yeah it's a strange one.

Typical of the way we have developed our kids (mainly talls) in recent years. Hey Biggie, you're going to be our next KPD inteceptor. Actually, we have a hole up forward, show us that you can take a mark in the forward line. Actually, you have a nice leap, you could make a good ruck. Injured. Welcome back Biggie, you're up forward this week, just play your role and apply defensive pressure.

That has netted him 1 game. I will be disappointed if North settle him into a spot and he becomes and Aliir Aliir. Swans did similar with Aliir. Started as a defender, went forward and then played ruck. At least they played him in the 1s occasionally though.

Miller and to lesser extent Balta and Bauer have also endured this rubbish over the past few years.

• Sad

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Typical of the way we have developed our kids (mainly talls) in recent years. Hey Biggie, you're going to be our next KPD inteceptor. Actually, we have a hole up forward, show us that you can take a mark in the forward line. Actually, you have a nice leap, you could make a good ruck. Injured. Welcome back Biggie, you're up forward this week, just play your role and apply defensive pressure.

That has netted him 1 game. I will be disappointed if North settle him into a spot and he becomes and Aliir Aliir. Swans did similar with Aliir. Started as a defender, went forward and then played ruck. At least they played him in the 1s occasionally though.

Miller and to lesser extent Balta and Bauer have also endured this rubbish over the past few years.
Yep. Let's hope Ooze is better with this.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
I wonder why lolnorf were interested
They have Aiden Corr as their first KPD. That and the fact or perception there is a lack of KPD talent available and Biggie may have development left in him for nothing makes some sense for their decision.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009

All because of poor succession planning post Jack & Lynch IMO (granted winning 3 flags makes it difficult to find talent but there was available talent we overlooked on several occasions).

Reactions: 4 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004

I see it a bit differently in that he was tried in multiple positions in an attempt to see if he clicked in one.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

Overlooking the obvious, Biggie just wasn’t very good. If he had excelled or even just been okay in any of the positions we tried him in we’d have left him there but he never did.

The coaches are not denying our kids senior opportunities because they hate the foul stench of youth or some other nefarious reason. It’s simply because most of our kids and particularly the taller ones, are just not very good. If/when we get better kids I reckon we’ll play them earlier and more often.

Fun fact, Biggie played the same number of AFL games in his first four years as Miller did.

Reactions: 2 users