Welcome Bigoa Nyuon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Bigoa Nyuon

Similar to Chol. We had delisted and re-rookied him, that made him eligible to be a free agent when his contract ended. Biggy in the same situation.

My understanding is he can go as a free agent as he was previously delisted but not 100% sure.
Pretty sure if Norf will wanna trade for him they may end up signing him due to McKay compensation? Similar to when we signed Tarrant via trade (not free agency).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Majak, Cholly, Biggie, got all the necessary physical attributes to turn the game upside down yet almost, nearly, not quite careers. Aliir the only one so far that's gone on to forge a strong career at AFL level.
First generation of these young blokes coming through the AFL system, reckon there's gunna be plenty to enjoy from watching the second generation play the game.

Reactions: 1 users
Majak, Cholly, Biggie, got all the necessary physical attributes to turn the game upside down yet almost, nearly, not quite careers. Aliir the only one so far that's gone on to forge a strong career at AFL level.
First generation of these young blokes coming through the AFL system, reckon there's gunna be plenty to enjoy from watching the second generation play the game.
The kid from Hawthorn, Changkuoth Jiath, pretty handy.
Andrew Mac will be a player too

Reactions: 4 users
Yep, forgot about Changa, didn't put Mac in there as he's only just started out. The others have a few years in the system on him. Muttley el Nour is another who plays well at VFL level n fringing the possibility of elevating into AFL.
There's a lot to like about the size, athleticism, skills of all these African players, just a little bit off the mark in their playing consistency though.

Is a backmen for mine, went backwards this year, after starting the season in the ruck and then the forward line for a while. Ended up finishing the season down back, a disappointing year.
Is the shifting of positions down to the club /list needs?
He seemed a good fit for the intercepting tall role. But we've had Grimes and Flossy. And then Gibcus (no harm in saying Gibcus has a higher ceiling)
there were VFL matches where he took dozens of marks.

He's not AFL height as a ruck. Or been a forward throught his juniors.
But we swung him around the ground because we need AFL rucks and forwards.
And he struggled for consistency

Reactions: 1 users
I think Yze mentioned "contest" in the B&F interview. That's not Biggie's A game.
Reckon if you're not gunna have a big contest game then ya need some serious intercept n distribute game like a Spewart or Leveralone.
Not sure what to make of Biggie's New one, been played in defence, ruck n forward has been an interesting watch at times with what appears to be enough capability to be a player, yet hasn't quite achieved consistent or dominant performance at magoos level to earn a proper seniors run.

Jiath junior can also play, kicking is sound as is his composure and lateral movement, he's not a panic merchant either, can see him slotting in somewhere in defence, reminds me a bit of Tom Doedee.

Certainly has some mongrel about him!
I went to a few VFL matches this year & was impressed with him. Thought he competed hard, was good one on one and had decent skills. At 193cm, worth a look.

Obviously this isn’t a view shared by some others on here. Will be interesting to see if he gets a spot on someone’s list in this draft.

Reactions: 2 users