Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Derek Eggmolesse Smith

Great experience for Eggy. Good thing is that most of his mistakes he was trying to be positive. Only played a handful of games. Tried manfully in Bachar's absence. Time for a break and hopefully come back better.

Are you advocating for Houli to come back next week?

Still a big question mark over him.
Tends to panic and makes the wrong choices in the big games.

Reactions: 1 users
I reckon Houli will come straight in for Derek.

He most certainly will. Posted that as I have never seen Lamb post he should be selected or even hint at it. Always has wanted him dropped. Just seeing if he has changed.

I’m a DES fan but there were some disappointing acts today. Probably make way for Bach but DES will be back. All part of the learning curve.

Reactions: 1 user
Jeez, he's a young Bachar ain't he. Go again, young man. (But have a spell, Houli's back.)

Needs to be more competitive in a marking contest.
Needs to be more competitive full stop. Was always concerned about him when the heat got turned up; it rang true tonight.

He's not ready for the furnace.

Reactions: 1 users
Needs to be more competitive full stop. Was always concerned about him when the heat got turned up; it rang true tonight.

He's not ready for the furnace.
Yeah, but ya gotta expose 'em to it. Bachar wasn't ready once.

Reactions: 2 users
Jeez, he's a young Bachar ain't he. Go again, young man. (But have a spell, Houli's back.)
Dunno Spook. Houli had some contested ball issues early but he generally played the game with desire and intensity.

Not sure I see that with Egg. A few contests tonight were horrible. Jury still well and truly out for me.

This kid has the talent, the skills, the footy nous. Footy's a big man's game, collisions. He's learning not to be frightened. Tonight was a lesson. Six games?

Yeah, but ya gotta expose 'em to it. Bachar wasn't ready once.
That's true. But although Bachar did *smile* me early on with some of his competitive work I thought he had the intensity for the top level. Not sure I see that with Egg.

I do hope he makes it; Bachar won't go on forever. But he can't play like he did tonight. He melted.

Dunno Spook. Houli had some contested ball issues early but he generally played the game with desire and intensity.

Not sure I see that with Egg. A few contests tonight were horrible. Jury still well and truly out for me.
He's gotta learn to go, Rids. No doubt. It's in his hands.

This kid has the talent, the skills, the footy nous. Footy's a big man's game, collisions. He's learning not to be frightened. Tonight was a lesson. Six games?
Liam Baker says g'day.

But yes fair enough.

eggs was taking the game on and on and on.

it didnt work, but it was that kind of game.

he didnt go into his shell

Reactions: 2 users
He was constantly watching players run off him today, there was a goal (I can't remember who kicked it) but it showed both he and Shorts poor defensive work. Short was on Butters, high ball comes in. Egg was on Rockliff, Rockliff ran to get into the contest when the ball came to ground, Egg was still watching the ball from 5-10m away. Short didn't go with Butters, who ran through and got the handball out of the pack and burst through a gap that Egg didn't close, I think Butters handballed it and they got a goal from dead in front.

Ball watching does not get you games playing for Richmond. Add that to some of the poor efforst.

He's a good kick and there is something there to work with, but if he doesn't get better with contested situations and actually manning up on players then he will never be more than a VFL player that fills a slot when desperate at AFL level.

Didnt see the game today but the Egg has been smashed and poached and fried all the the boards on here and on others.

Obviously didnt have a good one today, I cant bear to watch the replay either to see for myself.

Likely played his last game for 2020 save for injury or suspension with Bash back by the sounds of it.